Silsbee vs Huffman Hargrave Region 3 Championship

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Also, I think a tiger is a more ferocious and deadly carnivore than a falcon.  🤷🏾‍♂️

True.  That's why the Wharton game was a little closer.   It was Tigers vs. Tigers.   

I was just thinking, humans are the most dangerous mammals by far.  Humans kill more mammals than all the other mammals put together.  Humans even kill more humans than all the other mammals put together.  It's interesting that none of our high schools have the human as a mascot.  The Calamityville High Humans.  Scary.  

1 hour ago, Kris_Gilmore said:

This is exactly  what happened.  The kids ran on the floor because they won and most likely didn’t even see the punches.

bullets said it was Huffman spectators fault HJ kid was suspended .  It’s frustrating 4 games later and people are bringing it up so that’s why I said something. SETX community not liking Huffman gets frustrating when those kids have done absolutely nothing except play basketball.  

When i was given an explanation in this thread (the first time i've ever heard it), i said if that was the case then he earned his suspension. If that's the case it sounds like HJ's coach did the right thing.  As for the rest, it can be tough for folks to get past certain behaviors of leadership to be unbiased towards the kids.  If HH was playing a houston team I'd pull for y'all, but given another setx option, GO SILSBEE!  I'm a big fan of your boy's soccer team, though.  Great leadership there.  Good dude, much respect.  I apologize for bringing all this up, and am done talking about it.  Back to the game at hand.  Go Silsbee!

Don’t be lulled in to thinking Huffman is a walk it up the floor, yawn, type team. They can push the basketball at will when they choose to and will. They are a very hard team to press because they have solid older kids in the backcourt. When they choose to slow the ball down their offensive stuff is like watching a clinic. Once again I would urge you to watch them away from the ball. #10 will dictate the flow of the game by what the defense gives him. #4 is very good on the block but the the difference on that side of the ball will be #22 and I believe the other kid is #2 . They are the ultimate role players. For Silsbee the key will be to hit the 3’s, the Falcons are small on the perimeter and can be shot over the top of. Huffman is better than people give them credit for being. This will be a dandy but I’ll take Huffman by 6. 
Huffman 70

Silsbee. 64

8 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Don’t be lulled in to thinking Huffman is a walk it up the floor, yawn, type team. They can push the basketball at will when they choose to and will. They are a very hard team to press because they have solid older kids in the backcourt. When they choose to slow the ball down their offensive stuff is like watching a clinic. Once again I would urge you to watch them away from the ball. #10 will dictate the flow of the game by what the defense gives him. #4 is very good on the block but the the difference on that side of the ball will be #22 and I believe the other kid is #2 . They are the ultimate role players. For Silsbee the key will be to hit the 3’s, the Falcons are small on the perimeter and can be shot over the top of. Huffman is better than people give them credit for being. This will be a dandy but I’ll take Huffman by 6. 
Huffman 70

Silsbee. 64

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Huffman wins.  They're here for a reason, and 27-1 for a reason.  Silsbee just kinda seems like a team possessed right now.  

36 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

True.  That's why the Wharton game was a little closer.   It was Tigers vs. Tigers.   

I was just thinking, humans are the most dangerous mammals by far.  Humans kill more mammals than all the other mammals put together.  Humans even kill more humans than all the other mammals put together.  It's interesting that none of our high schools have the human as a mascot.  The Calamityville High Humans.  Scary.  

Pirates are people too... 😪☠️

8 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I thought he was a 3 point shooter, didn't know he could get that big body up that high. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong kid, is he #14?

Yes #14 can fly when he wants...! And his favorite sport is baseball...He is really good at baseball 😁

10 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Pirates are people too... 😪☠️

True.  And Raiders and Lumberjacks (axes? OUCH).  And if we dare, Indians and Highlanders and Farmers and Punchers and even Plowboys.

One that could be even more scary than a Tiger is the Itasca Wampus Cat.  The illusive and ever deadly wampus cat stalks the prairies south of the Metroplex.  

The Falcons have us in one attribute.  They are the fastest animal.  240mph in a dive.  So I'm pretty sure that keeping them in level flight is a key component Coach Sig's game plan. 

1 hour ago, Kris_Gilmore said:

And they shouldn’t but when people like texashoops wants teams like Brookshire royal to win against Huffman  just because he has a problem with coaches that’s not cool.  

I went to hamshire, coach in Huffman, half my family is from HJ, and my wife is from Silsbee.  So I am very familiar with the area.

I wanted Lumberton to win cause I know coach Mitchell and I like the guy, but other than that I have nothing to do with Lumberton nor do I live there.

so really I didn’t want Huffman to win either.

I don’t think texashoops stating he wants a team to lose on a sports forum because of certain coaches is going to dictate the actual winner/loser of a game....I understand you coach there but in reality what people say on this forum has no bearing.

14 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I wanted Lumberton to win cause I know coach Mitchell and I like the guy, but other than that I have nothing to do with Lumberton nor do I live there.

so really I didn’t want Huffman to win either.

I don’t think texashoops stating he wants a team to lose on a sports forum because of certain coaches is going to dictate the actual winner/loser of a game....I understand you coach there but in reality what people say on this forum has no bearing.

Really thanks for that information I appreciate you letting me know that...I thought it did.  I’m done I have been watching this for awhile and being from HF and being on first ever District champions at HF in basketball I pay attention.  I have been at Huffman for a long time so care about both programs I am in the coaches office and everyone’s ideas of what goes on at Huffman is incorrect.

57 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

True.  And Raiders and Lumberjacks (axes? OUCH).  And if we dare, Indians and Highlanders and Farmers and Punchers and even Plowboys.

One that could be even more scary than a Tiger is the Itasca Wampus Cat.  The illusive and ever deadly wampus cat stalks the prairies south of the Metroplex.  

The Falcons have us in one attribute.  They are the fastest animal.  240mph in a dive.  So I'm pretty sure that keeping them in level flight is a key component Coach Sig's game plan. 

I’m an animal dork, so I loved this reply.  😂😂

2 hours ago, Kris_Gilmore said:

And they shouldn’t but when people like texashoops wants teams like Brookshire royal to win against Huffman  just because he has a problem with coaches that’s not cool.  

I went to hamshire, coach in Huffman, half my family is from HJ, and my wife is from Silsbee.  So I am very familiar with the area.

What in the ❄️ does it matter who I root for?  Many times I root for a school that has a particular kid on it, sometimes it’s geographically, sometimes because I’m rooting for karma due to a BS vote.  Maybe next time adults will think twice about taking a year away from a kid. Regardless, I guess “cool” is in the eye of the beholder.   I wasn’t going to say anything else on this matter, as it has been discussed ad nauseum, but like Michael Corleone, I keep getting dragged back in.  

But for the record, if you don’t think some HJ fans root for non-southeast Texas teams against Silsbee (and vice versa), you would be mistaken.  Is it cool?  My thoughts are who cares - it’s their prerogative.  

For what it’s worth, I have known one of your assistants (maybe your only assistant) for much of her life so Huffman is my absolute favorite cross country team in the state.  That is the 100 percent truth. 

As for Hoops, go Tigers!   Jump on that gas early and keep the pedal down. 

I have to say i was not impressed by huffman in that seeding game.  However they havent reached this point for no reason.  They are going to be the type of team that can give the Tigers fits.  We have to be patient on defense, play strong on that end and hit the boards.  The more we can force the pace naturally the better, make good passes and decisions.  This team is definitely playnig its best right now. Lets just keep it going.

I think I worry about Huffman going nuts from the 3 point line more than anything. We've seen teams do that to us this year and build temporary decent leads. A better team does it to us, they may be able to pull away and keep that lead.

Interesting to see Somerset beat Stafford. Don't know who we'd play if we win this, but if it ain't Carter or Faith Family, we got a decent shot at the finals.

A few years back I sat in the Johnson Coliseum in Huntsville and watched what may have been the best collection of high school hoopsters I’ve ever seen. It was a regional final that pitted Yates vs Silsbee. Is our region down drastically this year or is this statewide. I wish this years finalist the best but this doesn’t look anything like a normal year ☹️

43 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

I think I worry about Huffman going nuts from the 3 point line more than anything. We've seen teams do that to us this year and build temporary decent leads. A better team does it to us, they may be able to pull away and keep that lead.

Interesting to see Somerset beat Stafford. Don't know who we'd play if we win this, but if it ain't Carter or Faith Family, we got a decent shot at the finals.

Region 1/region 2 vs region 3/region 4 in the ship, think of it as just like football. 

It's a down year. Some teams aren't as loaded like they've been in the past (Yates) and others are just starting to get it together (Silsbee). It also seems like more teams were hit by the injury bug this year.

Things wont stay that way for long. I'm sure Yates will figure something out. Silsbee should start to hit their stride next year. Other teams like Hamshire Fannett could make some serious noise. Teams that are usually good year in and year out will probably remain so.

You might want to look out for Waco Connally, too. They had two good freshman on their squad.

It ain't all of Texas though. Lancaster, Faith Family and Duncanville are as loaded as ever. The Metroplex always knows how to build teams.

I think it will be Argyle, Boerne, Faith Family and Silsbee seeded in that order.  Which means we would get Argyle in the semi and Faith in the final.

And if by some miracle the unranked Tigers claw out a championship they will have beaten the top three ranked teams almost one after another to win it.

And it would be the biggest story in the history of Texas high school basketball.  And a movie would be made.  And Denzel Washington will play Coach Sig (he has experience in that kind of role).  And I think Shan Gilder should play himself.  

But would it be a miracle?  Not if the ranking means anything.  Why couldn't it happen?  The Tiger win over the Lions wasn't exactly comfortable but it was a convincing 15 point victory.  And the No. 2 team is supposed to be better than the No. 3 team right?  So beating Argyle certainly isn't any kind of insurmountable thing.  And the No. 2 team shouldn't be that far behind the No. 1 right?  So a Silsbee win against Faith would be only a mild upset.  In conclusion don't think it's premature to start thinking of a name for that movie.  

One of the best teams Silsbee has ever had barely beat Argyle the year they played in the championship semi finals.  That was just a good Argyle team.  This year's team is considered one of their best.  Argyle plays almost mistake free slow down basketball.  If a running team can get a fast break against them they should consider themselves fortunate.

But..why am I saying all this?  The Tigers still haven't played Huffman yet.