Bmt Kelly in 22-4A

jfree024

How do you think Kelly would do in 22-4A if they decided to leave TAPPS and join the UIL the way Houston Strake Jesuit did???

It would certainly be intersting this year. Mike Long has a pretty good thing going on over there with the Bulldogs. His knowledge of all the 22-4A opponents would certainly give him a good starting point gameplan wise. Could make for some suprises. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year his team would probably be competitive, however, if they had to abide by UIL rules, they would not have some of the key players that they have this year. So, it's hard to say how they would fair in the years to come. No discredit intended to Coach Long or this years team. Go Dawgs!

Kelly is actually a great team and they definitely get a playoff spot in that district with the team they have now, but I didn't know they had enough enrollment to be a 4-A team? Anyways, I think they have a great coaching staff and enough talent to compete in that district. It would be exciting to see them in 22-4A.

i think they would finish in the middle of the pack in 22-4A this year, which would be a very respectable result. 

I'd guess they'd beat: LCM, Vidor, Ozen.

I'd give them even odds against Central.

I think they'd probably lose to PNG, Nederland, Lumberton, and Dayton (but they might could pull one upset off against these four).

Overall prediction: 4-4 in a very tough 4A district.  of course, this prediction is just for this season, with all of their seniors.  If they lost some of their key players due to UIL rules, the picture would be changed pretty dramatically, and they would probably struggle to get 3 wins.

Guest FPHS 78

i think they would finish in the middle of the pack in 22-4A this year, which would be a very respectable result. 

I'd guess they'd beat: LCM, Vidor, Ozen.

I'd give them even odds against Central.

I think they'd probably lose to PNG, Nederland, Lumberton, and Dayton (but they might could pull one upset off against these four).

Overall prediction: 4-4 in a very tough 4A district.  of course, this prediction is just for this season, with all of their seniors.  If they lost some of their key players due to UIL rules, the picture would be changed pretty dramatically, and they would probably struggle to get 3 wins.

i think this years team would beat vidor,ozen,lcm,lumpy,png..cant run on em..nederland would pass on em, dayton havent seen, and central never know  6-2

Guest FPHS 78

Kelly is actually a great team and they definitely get a playoff spot in that district with the team they have now, but I didn't know they had enough enrollment to be a 4-A team? Anyways, I think they have a great coaching staff and enough talent to compete in that district. It would be exciting to see them in 22-4A.

they dont..400 something kids, but if they were ever allowed to play uil, they'd have to play up.......year in year out would be a killer, but this years team is pretty good

Kelly has a good team this year,but they are playing mostly 2a,3a & private schools.no way they beat lumberton,png,ned.,dayton,central & i don't know if they have enuff depth & team speed to beat ozen,vidor or lcm? 22-4a is  tough physical football every week,png is in 1st place & they only beat the last place team vidor 14-7 last week. one key injury and a playoff spot can be out the window.that's why nederland is so surprising,after losing their starting QB & a starting O-lineman for the year,and their starting tailback did'nt suit up for the last game.so depth would be a big problem for kelly.i think the kelly alums and coach long are happy they are not in 22-4a. ;)

Doesnt this years team have 4 or 5 starters that are transfer players?  I know Randle is from Ozen for sure.  If Kelly played UIL wouldnt those kids have to go back and play for their original school?

Well Kheeston came over his junior year, so im not exactly sure how the rules work but i think hed be able to play this year, and other than that I can only think of one maybe two other transfer starters

Guest FPHS 78

Kelly has a good team this year,but they are playing mostly 2a,3a & private schools.no way they beat lumberton,png,ned.,dayton,central & i don't know if they have enuff depth & team speed to beat ozen,vidor or lcm? 22-4a is  tough physical football every week,png is in 1st place & they only beat the last place team vidor 14-7 last week. one key injury and a playoff spot can be out the window.that's why nederland is so surprising,after losing their starting QB & a starting O-lineman for the year,and their starting tailback did'nt suit up for the last game.so depth would be a big problem for kelly.i think the kelly alums and coach long are happy they are not in 22-4a. ;)

furr 4a

sulphur la, 5a

furr 4a

sulphur la, 5a

Plain dumb FP.  Furr hadn't been decent since the 80's when they use to play Lincoln and we don't know what constitutes "5A" in Louisiana.  It could be 1200 kids instead of 1960 in Texas.  If Kelly stepped off in the UIL, they should get the same treatment as the Strakes.  Put them in 5A regardless of the numbers plus you can't play the same year of a transfer and coaches aren't obligated to release kids for said transfers.  I know of 4 starters that came from Ozen, PAM, and WB that wouldn't be playing now....

The thought of transfers is interesting. If the transfers were allowed, Kelly might be able to drag in some good players from other teams who would want to be on a good team with a shot at a long playoff run.

On the other hand, if Kelly started off with a bad year or two, would some of the better players from the area teams then transfer? Would a couple of a team's better players transfer to a team with a losing record that has almost no chance to make the playoffs? While it would be great to transfer to a team that might get you better exposure and playoff experience, it could quite possibly be just the opposite.

Guest FPHS 78

Terrel Duhram(sp) from Ozen

Big Baby Randall from Ozen

Chance Filer from PAM

Alex Henton from WB.......

well, ya got 1 and 1/2 starters

There maybe more but I'm not sure

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member