Surprise Teams This Year

Guest Kelly Football

In 4-A IMHO I think Nederland will surprise everyone with a possibly a 2nd place finish. Dayton lost everyone except for Dugat and Central lost almost everyone. The top 3 teams are Ozen,LC-M, and Nederland. Thats just my opinion not what everyone else thinks, but that's why it's called an opinion.

I agree nederland can't be considered young anymore, not with all the playing time they have. Most teams dont get but 2 years out of starters anyway. Ned is just lucky that they will still have most of them back for next year. English likes to do that alot, (go with young players) i believe he did that at vidor. If i am not mistaken vidor will have a few players that have been playing since they where feshmen, do to the fact  English moved them up whem they where young. It seems to work for him.

Guest KirbyKat

Excellent response Team First. It seems I remember Coach English doing that at Vidor as well. In any event, the Bulldogs will be much improved this year.

I do not think there will be any surprise at the top....Ozen.  Second and third place will be between Central, LCM, and Nederland.  I thought Dayton had great athletes last year, but most of them play football first.  In an era of "year-around" basketball, "basketball only" kids should have the edge over multi-sport kids that Dayton has. This may hurt Vidor with their "man at the point" playing quaterback this fall for Coach Jeff.  I have to think as much hoops that are being played during the spring and summer that this will be a huge benefit to programs that feature "basketball only kids."

Vidor will not be the only one that has football players coming to help.  Ozen usually has a few, with his son a few years ago, and mack randall. Dayton was fine last year having football players play. I believe nederland will being doing it this year, with their freshman big man coming out after football. As long as there are not to many, like a starting 5, then it should be no problem.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder