The Playoff Race in 22-4A As of Now

Guest TravelingBandsman

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest maverick24

before tonight, everyone had nederland going undefeated... now half the people don't have them in the playoffs... i personally don't even want to make a guess... it's getting too complicated for me right now.  obviously, lumberton is in the best position, having beaten two of the "big four".

NOT EVERYONE RAIDER NATION THOUGHT THE BEST THEY COULD DO WAS 6-1 NOW THAT LOOKS LIKE 5-2 OR WORSE

No one needs to count Nederland out of the district race!!

i say in this order

PNG

Lumberton

Nederland

PNG still has VERY touch games to play with Dayton,Central,Lumberton, and Vidor may even pull an upset like they did last year with Nederland..

in any case this district is not at all set in stone yet!!

GO Indians

its all good.

i talk to both of them everyday.

they got it.

tha only thing we really need to worry about...

is aj.

i mean he is a good player in all.

but he just makes me nervous when he plays running back.so hopefully coach stewart will not put him there in these next couple of games.

they gave him the ball on some sweeps....he played receiver all night. One game at a time...we are in no position to overlook anyone.

I'm a die hard Central fan that always back these kids. But, I also am a realist. IMO, the District race is much clearer. I see four finalist fighting for three spots. PN-G, Lumberton, Nederland, and Dayton. Now who comes out on top has not been determined and probably won't for a few more weeks. We have literally dug our graves, no excuses. We were beaten by deserving teams. I can't wait to see who'll represent 22 4a, and I'll be in the stands cheering for them just as hard as I would my own team. Good luck to whom ever our reps will be, I know you'll rep us well.

i'm going with dayton, as my for sure. i see a log jam.

central can't lose anymore!!! they still have pn-g and dayton, plus a rivalry game with ozen.it's the hardest schedule to overcome.

nederland can still be out. they still got dayton and lumberton.possibly a the third spot.

pn-g is playing on that damn indian spirit and they got that mosqito pulling a plow feeling now. they still have dayton and lumberton,but i think they will get central now.

dayton i think overlooked lumberton.they won't lose anymore district games.

lumberton...what can i say??? they still have mc to deal with,which i think they will split. possible shared title.

I believe two losses now and you are out.

Lumberton has the best chance of going undefeated.

I see them splitting with PN-G and Nederland.

Lumberton is very very lucky they were playing Dayton with AJ as QB.

Dayton's offense is now firing on all cylinders, and their defense is getting better every game.

Vidor scored 14 on Lumberton, but was shut out against Dayton.

I really don't see Dayton losing again.

Nederland at least has Central out of the way, but they end the season playing Dayton and Lumberton.  Odds are they don't win both.

PN-G finishes with Central and then goes to Dayton.  Central may be totally out of the playoffs by then, will they put up a battle at the Reservation knowing they are playing for pride.

I see that in the last week the PN-G at Dayton game will be for the title, and the Lumberton at Nederland game will be the third spot.

Just wondering...

If....

Dayton runs the table and finishes 6 and 1.

PN-G loses at Dayton the last game and finishes 6 and 1.

Lumberton loses to PN-G and wins out finishing at 6 and 1.

What happens?

Do they go on point spreads to determine #1, #2, and #3.

If so....

Lumberton is at a disadvantage only beating Dayton by 1.

Obviously Lumberton still has PN-G to play and Dayton plays the Indians last.

Will be very interesting.

Seriously, what are the rules following a three way tie for first?

If PN-G, Dayton, and Lumberton all finish 6 and 1, will there be a Waffle House coin toss, or do they go on point spreads in head to head competition?

The point spread between the three teams is the determining factor. I think that the maximum per game is 16 points so if a team wins 35-0, they only get credit for a +16.

Right now Dayton is at -1 and Lumberton is at +1. That is not enough point spread to make much of a difference at this point.

Just for example, if Dayton beats PN-G by 10, then they are +10 (PNG win) - 1 (Lumberton loss) = +9 in point spread.

PN-G beats Lumberton by 14, then they are 14 (Lumberton win) - 10 (Dayton loss) = +4.

Lumberton would be 1 (Dayton win) - 14 (PN-G loss) = -13

That would mean Dayton is first place (+9)

PN-G second          (+4)

Lumberonton third  (-13)

The largest school of the three goes as Division 1. The other two go as Division 2 in order of their district ranking.

Purple4Ever, not taking anything away from the Broncos, but how do you figure that Dayton was such a poor team with Dugat at QB?  You played a very good Friendswood team to within 3 points with him at the helm.  I for one don't buy that argument.  Looks to me like WOS is the best team in 22-4A wouldn't you say.

I think what Purple4Ever was getting at, is the fact that while AJ is a great athlete, the offense wasn't being run effectively. Many things were very ad libbed. Your defense did a great job of shutting AJ down. If the offense was being run, you guys would have been covering passes instead of just trying to run AJ down. Now I'm not saying ya'll wouldn't have, but, it would have been more difficult than keying on one guy. AJ is a good playmaker, but the offense was not being run. Even coach Stewart said in the paper, that it was more like a Jr. High offense. None of that matters now though. All we can do is win as many as possible and see what happens. But, the offense is much better with AJ at receiver and greg at QB.

Purple4Ever, not taking anything away from the Broncos, but how do you figure that Dayton was such a poor team with Dugat at QB?  You played a very good Friendswood team to within 3 points with him at the helm.  I for one don't buy that argument.  Looks to me like WOS is the best team in 22-4A wouldn't you say.

Might very well be...

Friendswood only had 2 quarters of film with AJ at QB.

Lumberton had a whole game of scouting and they had a great defensive game plan.

Lumberton's defensive front seven is without a doubt the best front seven Dayton has played.  They bottled up AJ and contained him.  Putting AJ at reciever means that you must sacrifice an additional d back to double him, that frees up another receiver.  Greg is probably not as good an all around athlete as AJ, but he is a much better QB.

Looking at the games from my videos, Dayton is playing much better now that AJ is out at receiver.

As far as WOS, they could very well take 22-4A.

Will be interesting seeing how the Lumberton PN-G games turns out.

Every week it seems like Lumberton just plays better and better.

The point spread between the three teams is the determining factor. I think that the maximum per game is 16 points so if a team wins 35-0, they only get credit for a +16.

Right now Dayton is at -1 and Lumberton is at +1. That is not enough point spread to make much of a difference at this point.

Just for example, if Dayton beats PN-G by 10, then they are +10 (PNG win) - 1 (Lumberton loss) = +9 in point spread.

PN-G beats Lumberton by 14, then they are 14 (Lumberton win) - 10 (Dayton loss) = +4.

Lumberton would be 1 (Dayton win) - 14 (PN-G loss) = -13

That would mean Dayton is first place (+9)

PN-G second          (+4)

Lumberonton third   (-13)

The largest school of the three goes as Division 1. The other two go as Division 2 in order of their district ranking.

Thanks for the explanation...

I knew that a three way tie went into some type of point spread to break the tiebreaker.

If I were a coach I would be thinking about this if I could get an extra TD or fieldgoal at the end of the game.

I really see Lumberton losing at least once.

Could be a three way tie for first or even for 2nd place.

Will be very interesting as the weeks go by.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami