Interesting Article on 22-3a

Guest doubles_gun

The district is VERY weak this year. The only game Shepherd has a chance of winning is this friday night. From what I've been told, they have had a crappy week of practice so far, so they may not even win that game. The talent to win is there, but the kids do not want to do the things that have to be done in order for them to win. Until that changes they will always be battling somebody for last place in the district.

Wow, that guy ripped us.

Well, don't know if you were from one of the schools or talking about the district as a whole, but since I'm "the guy" thought I'd chime in.

Coldspring 45 - Liberty 43  - No mistake here. I said this was the top two teams in the district and except for a "hook-and-ladder" at the end of the game, this would have been a Liberty win, 43-37. These two should win out.

Splendora 42 - Cleveland 20 - Should have been a gap - 22 points is about right. I said three teams at the top and three at the bottom.

Shepherd 49 - Tarkington 26 - The only reason there are not three teams without a win instead of two is because two of them played each other last week. I did think this game would be closer, but wow, Tarkington is in a downspin and I don't know what can bring them out of the funk.

This week:

(1) Coldspring at Shepherd - This game will belong to the Trojans and Shepherd is the Pirates, not the Spartans. Trojans by 35*

(2) Liberty hosting Cleveland - Not as ugly, but a scalping just the same. Josh White could rush for over 300 yards, however look for Stewart to put in a bunch of kids later on who didn't see any playing time last week and keep the score down. Panthers by 21

(3) Splendora hosting Tarkington - Potentially a real ugly contest. Difference is that Splendora will be looking to prove something since they have to travel to Coldspring next week. Wildcats by 35*

* 35 is the highest margin I will predict, otherwise it could be read as demoralizing. Personally I feel like every kid and most coaches in HS football are doing everything they can to win. I know talent is not always the same, and certainly not all coaches fit their teams, but for the most part every kid is trying as hard as they can to compete and win. Last week's Anahuac at Hardin game is one example. That being said, some teams just don't know how to win. I know. I went to Baylor.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder