*Silsbee 55 Bridge City 7 FINAL/COMMENTS*

Guest RedBirdFan85

Yeah I think they need to go ahead and get a head start for next year and start bringing some JV kids up I saw them vs HJ they're a good group..

BC needs to change things up. The play calling is horrible. Week after week the same plays that don't work. I bet BC had 15 draw plays up the middle for a total of 6 yrds. BC can't win when you run the spread and you only have 50yrds passing. This is the 2nd game the BC QB is out of the game hurt. I look for more of that to come. There were several times wrs were open and the ball not thrown to them. Instead it was thrown to heavily coverd recievers. That has been a problem this year also. This game was an embarresment to BC.

Lets not get on a coaching rampage people.  This is a new coach so give it awhile.  The truth is that it doesn't matter what type of offense you run.  If your talent is limited then your not going to be very good.  And I believe this is the case.  Keep working hard players and good luck!

Guest ST4life

Lets not get on a coaching rampage people.  This is a new coach so give it awhile.  The truth is that it doesn't matter what type of offense you run.  If your talent is limited then your not going to be very good.  And I believe this is the case.   Keep working hard players and good luck!

Silsbee's talent was almost all sophmore's its a bad thing for BC cause for the next two years Silsbee will only get better i hope BC will improve our next year it might be

Silsbee 75

BC 0

Guest RedBirdFan85

well I think it's gonna be differnent next year because I know the class of 2009 has always beaten Silsbee, next year they play them they'll know the system and will have a year of varsity experience under thief belt so I think it'll be more liek this : BC 31 Silsbee 14

well I think it's gonna be differnent next year because I know the class of 2009 has always beaten Silsbee, next year they play them they'll know the system and will have a year of varsity experience under thief belt so I think it'll be more liek this : BC 31 Silsbee 14

Well that class of 2009, which are juniors this year, didn't beat Silsbee this year, 55-7, and if there are some on the JV, they lost too, 18-6 to Silsbee's JV this year. Watch how you use the word " always ". BTW, do you know the meaning of the word?

Bridge City has a very young team this year. They are trying to learn a whole new system of football. It takes time. Next years team will be better no doubt but may still not be a play-off team. Who knows. It takes a lot of time to develop a new system such as this one is. Nederland seems to be very successful with it so maybe BC will improve faster than it looks like they will right now. However, look for BC to be a dominent force in a few years. I believe in this coach and what he is trying to do. I believe he will instill a winning attitude in his players. Kids, believe in him and work hard and you will be winners in the near future. Just because an 8 TH grade or 9 TH grade team beat other team does not mean anything when those kids get to the varsity. The varsity is usually made up of a lot of different players by then. Also remember that the underclassmen are also learning a new system of football. By the time they get to varsity football they will be a lot better than they are now.

Guest RedBirdFan85

Yeah  after seeing footage of BC's game's this year it's just not executing on both sides of the ball...If BC could've wrapped up Liberty's running back Josh White they would've won that game..then vs Lumberton there were too many kids diving at the running back instead of putting the facemask on the numbers, same against Kelly, then H-J we played good but just messed up at the end..Silsbee I think we gave up by the 2nd quarter.. I think part of our defense problem could be that BC doesnt do alot of tackling in practice, because the D goes up against the Spread O and theres not alot of smashmouth tackling going on there, just alot of passing...I just hope these kids don't give up on this year, I know they worked thier rear ends off during the summer, so the fans need to continue to show the support and the players need to dig down and give it all they have for the rest of THIS year..anything can happen... :)

Bridge City has a very young team this year. They are trying to learn a whole new system of football. It takes time. Next years team will be better no doubt but may still not be a play-off team. Who knows. It takes a lot of time to develop a new system such as this one is. Nederland seems to be very successful with it so maybe BC will improve faster than it looks like they will right now. However, look for BC to be a dominent force in a few years. I believe in this coach and what he is trying to do. I believe he will instill a winning attitude in his players. Kids, believe in him and work hard and you will be winners in the near future. Just because an 8 TH grade or 9 TH grade team beat other team does not mean anything when those kids get to the varsity. The varsity is usually made up of a lot of different players by then. Also remember that the underclassmen are also learning a new system of football. By the time they get to varsity football they will be a lot better than they are now.

I totally agree with you Cardinal Supporter. It does take time to learn a new system and new coach but it also takes even more time for the players to get confidence in what they are running. I have no doubt, that in time, the Cardinals will get things together and get back to winning.

With this said, this is why I am so suprised with my Silsbee Tigers this year. No, they didn't have to learn a new coach, but the Tigers have gone to the spread zone read offense after running the veer for so long. Silsbee really has gotten a grasp on the offense and are getting better every week. Of course, it helps having a very talented quarterback running it. I commend the Silsbee coaches for recognizing the talent on the team and implementing an offense that best suits their abilities.

I totally agree with you Cardinal Supporter. It does take time to learn a new system and new coach but it also takes even more time for the players to get confidence in what they are running. I have no doubt, that in time, the Cardinals will get things together and get back to winning.

With this said, this is why I am so suprised with my Silsbee Tigers this year. No, they didn't have to learn a new coach, but the Tigers have gone to the spread zone read offense after running the veer for so long. Silsbee really has gotten a grasp on the offense and are getting better every week. Of course, it helps having a very talented quarterback running it. I commend the Silsbee coaches for recognizing the talent on the team and implementing an offense that best suits their abilities.

VERY good post, by both of you, and I couldn't agree more!  The Cards may not be back next year, but it WILL happen - They WILL be back!  It doesn't help that we have had as many injuries as we have, keeping kids off the field, and out of the learning curve.

I am very glad we have Coach Stump, and I believe he will be great for BC and our kids, in ALL sports.  I just hope the transition is quick!

Silsbee's talent was almost all sophmore's its a bad thing for BC cause for the next two years Silsbee will only get better i hope BC will improve our next year it might be

Silsbee 75

BC 0

I was not talking about the silsbee game.  I was talking about the entire year. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder