Vidor 42 Lumberton 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

Great idea playing in Carthage.  Yep, that’s almost dead even between a Lindale & Vidor.

To bad there wasn’t a stadium available in El Paso.

😂😂🤣😂😂

Does Lindale still throw the rock around alot? Haven't seen them since Png knocked them out. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Does Lindale still throw the rock around alot? Haven't seen them since Png knocked them out. 

I hear they have a stud RB who is going to Baylor he’s their workhorse, 35 carries 350+ yards 4 TDs vs Kilgore. To answer your question, yes they are a very capable passing team. This is going to be a tough task, I’m sure we are a huge underdog. By probably 20 points or more but we like it that way, upset special of the the century lol. We’re on a Remember the Titans vibe this week.

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I hear they have a stud RB who is going to Baylor he’s their workhorse, 35 carries 350+ yards 4 TDs vs Kilgore. To answer your question, yes they are a very capable passing team. This is going to be a tough task, I’m sure we are a huge underdog. By probably 20 points or more but we like it that way, upset special of the the century lol.

Run the rock and don't turn it over. 

2 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I hear they have a stud RB who is going to Baylor he’s their workhorse, 35 carries 350+ yards 4 TDs vs Kilgore. To answer your question, yes they are a very capable passing team. This is going to be a tough task, I’m sure we are a huge underdog. By probably 20 points or more but we like it that way, upset special of the the century lol. We’re on a Remember the Titans vibe this week.

You're right he is very good I watched the video on MaxPreps. They run everything out of the shotgun.

Carthage has a nice stadium. Been there a few times over the years and is a great setting.

Lindale is high flying. Anything you can do to shorten the game will help. That means run the ball and don't snap it until there's a few seconds on the play clock.

And by all means, don't over pursue on defense. Do this and y'all can make it a game.

12 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Carthage has a nice stadium. Been there a few times over the years and is a great setting.

Lindale is high flying. Anything you can do to shorten the game will help. That means run the ball and don't snap it until there's a few seconds on the play clock.

And by all means, don't over pursue on defense. Do this and y'all can make it a game.

Yea I agree, our D is our strongpoint but they have game breakers. Hopefully we can at least move the ball well enough on offense to keep the clock running and give them long fields to work with. We started punting the ball this week with a kid who can boot it. Only had a couple of punts this week but they looked well executed and had Lumberton starting drives around their 25. The way we were doing the pooch punt with the QB wasn’t working, teams were getting the ball around the 40 way too often. It looks like Vidor has been working a lot on the kicking game, all 6 extra points executed successfully last night. We’re going to need that aspect of the game, if we are to hang close with a good team. Only discouraging thing is we had another failure on punt return this week that set the Raiders up for a score. That’s 3 weeks in a row, it kills the defense when you force a 4th and long only to be right back on the field. Or even worse give up a TD on the 4th and 43 from deep in their own territory, gutsy play call by the Livingston coaches. Well played, good luck to y’all this week by the way and congrats on the DC.

2 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Yea I agree, our D is our strongpoint but they have game breakers. Hopefully we can at least move the ball well enough on offense to keep the clock running and give them long fields to work with. We started punting the ball this week with a kid who can boot it. Only had a couple of punts this week but they looked well executed and had Lumberton starting drives around their 25. The way we were doing the pooch punt with the QB wasn’t working, teams were getting the ball around the 40 way too often. It looks like Vidor has been working a lot on the kicking game, all 6 extra points executed successfully last night. We’re going to need that aspect of the game, if we are to hang close with a good team. Only discouraging thing is we had another failure on punt return this week that set the Raiders up for a score. That’s 3 weeks in a row, it kills the defense when you force a 4th and long only to be right back on the field. Or even worse give up a TD on the 4th and 43 from deep in their own territory, gutsy play call by the Livingston coaches. Well played, good luck to y’all this week by the way and congrats on the DC.

Lufkin TV has called it the district of Doom all year. 

They're good, but I think they can be had.

I expect Livingston and Hargrave to win. It may be close, but a win is a win. And if Vidor limits turnovers, things could get interesting.

Friday was the first time in a long time that Vidor looked like Vidor. That Vidor is a dangerous team.

6 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Lufkin TV has called it the district of Doom all year. 

They're good, but I think they can be had.

I expect Livingston and Hargrave to win. It may be close, but a win is a win. And if Vidor limits turnovers, things could get interesting.

Friday was the first time in a long time that Vidor looked like Vidor. That Vidor is a dangerous team.

They finally ditched the pistol and changed the offense back to the old under the center style for the HH game and it started to look like old days again. We still make too many unforced errors with the ball handling at times. Can’t have any of that this week, got to clean it up. The one thing in noticed about that district is they have very high scoring games. Could there be a lack of good defense in their teams or just high powered offense, we will find out this week.

4 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

They finally ditched the pistol and changed the offense back to the old under the center style for the HH game and it started to look like old days again. We still make too many unforced errors with the ball handling at times. Can’t have any of that this week, got to clean it up. The one thing in noticed about that district is they have very high scoring games. Could there be a lack of good defense in their teams or just high powered offense, we will find out this week.

They have people that can catch the ball. Livingston was very lucky no one knows how to catch in 10-4A-I

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Big athletic QB, and their RB (good size) gets thru a crack before the D knows the balls been snapped, and he’s very, very fast.   Remember the old saying, you can’t outrun speed.