Huffman Hargrave 15 Vidor 13/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 minute ago, Hagar said:

Sorry to contradict you, but close to the end of the run, one guy leaning on the fence was holding a cup of coffee.   😂🤣😂

You want another call - pass interference on Vidor.   Defender was right under the pass leaping into the air for the interception and the receiver ran into him.   On the other side, they measured Vidor & I guess it wasn’t a first, then measured again & it was a first down.   More measurements last night than all the other games together.

Dude that PI was ridiculous, I’ve never seen that called when the defender has better position and a better chance at the ball than the receiver. That one penalty was a big contributor to their touchdown drive after the line  drive punt from hell.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Sorry to contradict you, but close to the end of the run, one guy leaning on the fence was holding a cup of coffee.   😂🤣😂

You want another call - pass interference on Vidor.   Defender was right under the pass leaping into the air for the interception and the receiver ran into him.   On the other side, they measured Vidor & I guess it wasn’t a first, then measured again & it was a first down.   More measurements last night than all the other games together.

The sad thing is that you can turn these refs in and nothing would ever happen. I know one thing officiating at the end of the year at Jerry World is not in their future.

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Yep. I’ve seen most of y’all’s games. That why I can easily say y’all are much bigger. 

I had two Huffman O-lineman tell me after the game, “Best D-line they faced this year. By far”. 

they faced a D-1 senior NT at Needville and the NT for Splendora is highly recruited at center but he’s a monster on the D-line too.

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Dude that PI was ridiculous, I’ve never seen that called when the defender has better position and a better chance at the ball than the receiver. That one penalty was a big contributor to their touchdown drive after the line  drive punt from hell.

I thought it was iffy but it was no different than the coverage the whole game. It’s inconsistent.

That’s the issue I see. If they call it loose or tight, I can live with it. Just be consistent. 

7 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

I thought it was iffy but it was no different than the coverage the whole game. It’s inconsistent.

That’s the issue I see. If they call it loose or tight, I can live with it. Just be consistent. 

I just watched the PI play again.  
I’m biased..but the defender looked like he had his back to the ball, running with the receiver and jumped to play the ball.  I don’t see him push the receiver or grab his jersey.

I am not so biased to see...that looks like a bad PI call.  

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

I was holding my Boudain Link while that play was going on an I didn’t let go of it!

1 hour ago, texbuzz said:

I had two Huffman O-lineman tell me after the game, “Best D-line they faced this year. By far”. 

they faced a D-1 senior NT at Needville and the NT for Splendora is highly recruited at center but he’s a monster on the D-line too.

They’ve played great this year! They make it hard to run between the tackles for sure.

58 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

I just watched the PI play again.  
I’m biased..but the defender looked like he had his back to the ball, running with the receiver and jumped to play the ball.  I don’t see him push the receiver or grab his jersey.

I am not so biased to see...that looks like a bad PI call.  

Unfortunately in a tight game like that it’s hard to over come some of them calls. There’s just very little room for error.  Hate it for the kids.

4 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Somewhat so, they deserve it. The officiating has been beyond belief the last two games. You have to overcome but we couldn’t do it. So a lot of that blame falls on us. What is your prediction for next week L-Train, I’m interested to know?

Honestly, both teams have underachieved this year. I think we have a good shot if we can get the passing game going. But either outcome wouldn’t surprise me at this point

2 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Honestly, both teams have underachieved this year. I think we have a good shot if we can get the passing game going. But either outcome wouldn’t surprise me at this point

Negative, the passing game won’t be there. Vidor has done an excellent job in coverage and the pass rush will swallow you alive if you give them any time at all. The thing that has hurt us is athletic QBs who make plays on their own, so maybe you have a chance there.