Silsbee Has No Spirit????

McLovin

Dear Scrubs

I am sure it is difficult to find yourselves in a position torn between conformity and your expression of school spirit.  Your dilema is well noted and yet there is hope in your future.  What you need to find is a place where the expression of school spirit and conformity is 98% and the non-conformist only represent 2% of the total population.  Therefore when the time comes you may want to apply to further your education at Texas A and M university where it is a priviledge to be inconvenienced. Nobody dares to tell you to sit down and be quiet and if they did you would not be able to hear them.  I am not an alumni--but i am impressed with their spirit.  As far as now, keep the spirit, use it to influence others so it may grow --- but be careful not to force it upon those who yet not know what real spirit is.  And finally---Be nice---it will help you sell your ideas.  Good Luck Tigers

Respectfully submitted

WeedBegone

Amen to that!!  Gig'em! Whoooooooooooop!!!!!!

Guest bleed orange

I think it is awesome that these young people have school spirit. But there is a time to stand and there is a time to sit. I don't think people have a problem with the noise. I can see a problem if you have to stand up the whole game. Some people maybe older and can't stand up. I think if you show respect, you will get respect in return.

Here's the deal with the reserved seating. Yes we sit in the reserved areas however, all of the reserved ticket holders sit above us. I myself am a reserved ticket holder and it kind of sucks that just because were not "old people" we can't sit front and center. Where do you want your fans to be? In some corner behind the endzone or on the 50 right where the game is happining? I've always sat there without complaint but once we decide to get loud we have to move. But we'll adapt to wherever we have to go and be fine I guess.

Viva La Scrubs!

I admire the spirit and the willingness to show that spirit. But your getting hung up on the wrong thing about the reserved seating issue. Have you considered how many years the "old people" have paid for and sat in those seats? I think not or you would realize that there is a certain amount of tradition involved there. Now I haven't said good or bad tradition, just tradition. Maybe if you continue to show the game spirit it too can become a tradition that you can look back on with pride when your one of the "old people". Be loud, be proud, but don't be a nuisance and loose this opportunity. :)

I say stand have pride and cheer for your school. I am one of the bleacher bums at jasper and its not the same to just sit and be loud. so maybe talk to your administration about making a student section. closer to the field. to where only students can sit.

I say stand have pride and cheer for your school. I am one of the bleacher bums at jasper and its not the same to just sit and be loud. so maybe talk to your administration about making a student section. closer to the field. to where only students can sit.

Why limit this section to only students? There are people with like minds of all ages. Yes stand if that is what you want. Just do it in a responsible manner. :)

If you want to start showing respect start referring "Old People" Senior Citizen. :P

I believe "Old People" used in this context takes the place of more inappropriate terms that are best not said; however, it IS unfair to say "Old People" because there are "Old People" that support us. Likewise, most people that are older than us are "Old People," sorry. To address the reserved seating, how many people really sit in their assigned seat at a game? Most people I know sit by their friends, regardless of age. I know some are concerned about our consideration of the people around us. We aren't the least bit disrespectful, and all is done in good spirit and attitude. I admit that some of us get out of control very rarely, but this is only a reflection of our OBSESSION with Silsbee High Football. If there happens to be any conflicting or offensive incident SCRUBS leadership will resolve the matter with the greatest sincerity because the aim of this organization is create a positive atmosphere for the students, the community, and most importantly the players.

Much love fa sho fa sho,  8) 8) 8)

It is good to see the spirit it truly is.  We've been missing it for years.  My understanding after reading this is only a couple of the "30+ scrubs" have reserved seating.  Honestly, I do not see where the "scrubs" have any room to complain or be upset.  Most are not where they should be to begin with.  A very nice student section was put on the west end of the stadium.  At that location not only would the players see your spirit but the entire Silsbee faithful.  I have tickets in the "old people" section, but not close to you guys.  I just get to hear how "great" of coaches some fans are and how they'd know how to really coach the players. <sarcasm> ;)

I back the Scrubs! I would not want them to move. They are in a central location and everybody can hear them. That is great. I would not care if there were 100 of ya'll cheering as long as it is loud and proud. Now there mite be a time when they mite have to move, but maybe the fans will get use to them and see to it that they stay right there, that something special is happening in Silsbee. Keep it real Scrubs. Go Tigers!!!

Guest maverick24

In Lumberton they have a Student section where the PEOPLE in ths section stand and scream for a big part of the game. In this section you will find students and people well out of school but no one ask them to sit or be quite. I wish they were louder and had more shakers.  I think it is a big thing to be loud at your home games. I have seen PNG go on the road and turn those places into home games by being so loud. I say Stand and Yell just dont disrespect the others.

We've got a group of about 10 or so that sits up in the WH stands, but a few of us have received letters from out school addressing our cheering. The letter basically told us to settle down or we would be banned. This was brought on by other fans complaining that we were "bothering" them. It has quieted a few of us, but not all. I hope it doesn't lead to some of their most devout fans getting banned, that would be a tragedy.

I say, if its too loud, you're too old!! ITS A FOOTBALL GAME!!  GO SCRUBS!

We've got a group of about 10 or so that sits up in the WH stands, but a few of us have received letters from out school addressing our cheering. The letter basically told us to settle down or we would be banned. This was brought on by other fans complaining that we were "bothering" them. It has quieted a few of us, but not all. I hope it doesn't lead to some of their most devout fans getting banned, that would be a tragedy.

I say, if its too loud, you're too old!! ITS A FOOTBALL GAME!!  GO SCRUBS!

Are you serious? The school sent letters asking you to do less cheering? As long as it is not offensive, how can they dictate what manner you choose to cheer? How loud, or long? Is this something that is becoming politically correct? Schools must have had training reguarding reserved seats or control at stadium or something. I've had reserved seating at Newton for thirty years or more and the first home game last week my wife and I were "required" to show physically our tickets to the same gentleman that has been there forever. He knows we have the tickets and still we had to show. What gives?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder