**Bay City 15 WO-S 12 FINAL/COMMENTS**

KFDM COOP

So let me get this straight not only do you think that we were not as good as Liberty Hill last year, but now our running back was only good because he had some D-1 guys around him.  What kind of fan are you?  Are you a friend or foe?  You don't think Tremaine Lewis was all that.  Tremaine Lewis has two rings and the oc at that time did not have any D-1's in the backfield he was a very good coach, unlike what we have now.  Apparently Ronnie Dennis, a three year starter, Josh Rhodes, a two year varsity player, Josh Gloston, who can fly, Trey Franks, whose last name speaks for itself, is not enough talent for the oc to work with.  All I am hearing is excuses from you.  That is plenty of talent in 3a.  What about all the talent that the oc has pissed away the last two years?  What is your excuse for that?  In 2005 he had Beasley - UT, E. Thomas - UT, J.Franks - Texas Tech, L. White U of H, and that is not to mention DPG and several other talented WR's.  You have no arguement for that or excuses.  That is embarrising.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow t youre the man!!! in the 6th grade you were understanding the offensive schemes and what the oc was doing right and wrong??  i think we might have found our new oc!!!!

S, you know there were no problems back when we were in  6th :) They started about eight years ago. I give up :)

Nice post....

I'm glad you asked. I teach English/Language Arts to about 95 at-risk kids in the Beaumont Independent School District. Although I don't have the opportunity to "score points" for MY kids, I am still accountable for their success or failure. As a seventh grade teacher, I am responsible for ALL 95 of my completely unmotivated, AT RISK kids passing TWO TAKS TESTS every year (writing and reading). Despite the fact that a good 1/4 to 1/3 of them come to me having NEVER passed the test, I have been able to push the VAST majority of them to succeed in a crucial year. In fact, last year, more than half were COMMENDED on the writing portion of the test. No, I'm not a coach, but my job is just as difficult. It's also very similar. I am dependent on a group of kids using what I have taught them to succeed via their own motivation, education and effort. Let's say I was not as successful as I have been to this point. Would I still be teaching? No. ABSOLUTELY NOT - especially not for the better part of a decade.

Feel free to scrutinize my opinions by relating them to my profession. I'll put my job and the scrutiny that is put on me day in and day out up there against ANY coach. The difference here is that I am doing my job in a way that helps kids succeed. I'm not letting them coast, and I'm certainly not holding them back.

Any other questions?

What about you, 071904? What do you do for a living?

Yeah WOS 92, you hit the nail on the head.  Do all of your kids pass?  If not, get off of Coach Crouch and win all of your At Risk Kids and make them pass.  My opinion is that you are not successful 100% at your job, so why are you expecting him to be successful 100% at his?  You hit the nail on the head.  No I am not successful all of the time either.  That is why I do not get on here bashing someone that is trying to help the youth just like you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are yall still beating this dead drum?  The mustangs will be fine.  They will roll through district and continue being their regular self.  Still highly respected through the triangle and through the state.  Just a tough loss to Bay City, which minus their few down years, normaly is a state power in 4a.

Have faith in that coaching.  I would cut my arm off to have that coaching staff at Central.  You guys have something special, and you dont' even appriciate it.

Really yall -- 2-1 against 4A schools in non district. Ain't bad.  WOS will be alright.

Now, I don't know about cutting off arms to get that staff - how about a pinky?

Maybe a thumb or hand for the Nederland Staff?

;D ;D

Guest OFballer

WOW! Are you really that serious about high school football? The OC's house was vandalized and you people continue to crucify the guy. Get a life. Step outside of Orange, Texas once in a while. And there is a simple solution to the problem....trade in your janitorial mop or your hamburger flipper and enroll in a University, get a degree, apply for job. Until you walk in his shoes, shut your PIEHOLE!

Thank you, that is all  ;)

I was being sarcastic.

I don't want anyone fired, I appreciate that he's a great human being, and I am thankful for the work ethic and offensive sensibilities that he has helped instill in the kids. But I'm far from alone in thinking that someone else should be running the offense during games. That's all!

Help me understand. According to you guys, particularly you WOS92, the OC makes all the calls for the offense, without any input from Hooks. So, when a bad call is made, it's totally on the OC, correct? If so, then your telling me that Dan Hooks just stands idley by, and let's a bad call be made. And if he does know the call, then your telling me that he knowingly lets a bad call be made. Somehow, I find that hard to believe.

I read a post where it stated that the call made on the goalline against Giddings wasn't even the OC's call.

The point of all the posts on all these threads that I have made is this, ya'll need a scapegoat to ease your minds, but you don't want to take your complaints to the top, where they should start.

I personally believe that WOS has one of the best coaching staffs in the state, you would never hear me complain about them.

As for those " should have won's ", lifes full of those.

Guest QB From The Past

Help me understand. According to you guys, particularly you WOS92, the OC makes all the calls for the offense, without any input from Hooks. So, when a bad call is made, it's totally on the OC, correct? If so, then your telling me that Dan Hooks just stands idley by, and let's a bad call be made. And if he does know the call, then your telling me that he knowingly lets a bad call be made. Somehow, I find that hard to believe.

I read a post where it stated that the call made on the goalline against Giddings wasn't even the OC's call.

The point of all the posts on all these threads that I have made is this, ya'll need a scapegoat to ease your minds, but you don't want to take your complaints to the top, where they should start.

I personally believe that WOS has one of the best coaching staffs in the state, you would never hear me complain about them.

As for those " should have won's ", lifes full of those.

I PLAYED THERE YEARS AND YEARS AGO, PEOPLE THAT DON'T HAVE A CLUE DON'T POST. BRING BARRY NORTON BACK. HE WAS THE BEST OC WE HAD.

Also, I'm pretty sure the reverse was NOT on the goal line, and is NOT the thing that sank us. Four concurrent plays from the Giddings one yard line were the cause of the outrage. We had a 6'5 QB, but threw two passes and a pitch before finally running a sneak (from shotgun on fourth). I know that if the passes were caught, it would have looked really fancy and flashy. Personally (and I'm not qualified to call plays), I would have run the sneak with our freight train QB four times from a yard out. If it didn't work, kudos to a monster D.

First, I'm a "he."  ;D

Second, my passing rates last year for writing were nine percentage points higher than at-risk kids on a statewide level (and two points higher than the overall state average). My reading scores were 10 points higher than statewide at-risk kids. I'm far from perfect at my job, but I can guarantee that NO parent whose child has come to me has ever felt that their child did not improve by leaps and bounds. If we were dealing with athletes from schools with less talent, you might have an argument. Last year at Giddings, the playcalling robbed those kids of a game they deserved to win, and a season that should have been very, very special.

When our kids take the state tests, we are not there to call the shots - to tell them what to write about, what phrasing to use, where to revise, edit or elaborate. That is done beforehand. I'm certain that our OC does a fine job in that respect - no doubt. If my kids failed the test because I made a bad call during the test, then you'd have a point. If players called the game and lost it "on their own," I'd have no issue with the OC. He prepares them well. The system is good. The calls are bad - not always, but frequently at the worst time.

If you truly want to draw a parallel between these two situations, I'll say this: I won the ones I SHOULD have won.

As a coach, you are accountable to the players, coaches and community. Coach Hooks has been the best at his job and for our fans and community for as long as I can remember. As someone in the public eye, he knows that he is subject to public scrutiny - as are the coordinators. Coach T receives truckfuls of praise every year for his work, and rightfully so.

I am likewise accountable to my students, their parents, my school and district. I am not in the public eye. My work does not bring in revenue, nor do thousands of people plan months' worth of weekends around my work. Be sure that if my success was not at or above expectations, I would be long gone - most likely let go. But even if I wasn't fired, I would not stick with a job where I feel like a hindrance to those I am supposed to help.

I am not calling for anyone to be fired. As a lifelong fan and supporter, I would like to finally see someone else handle the playcalling duties. THAT is my plea.

With that, the "prosecution" rests.

We know how you feel here in Jag country sometime.  :'(

Also, I'm pretty sure the reverse was NOT on the goal line, and is NOT the thing that sank us. Four concurrent plays from the Giddings one yard line were the cause of the outrage. We had a 6'5 QB, but threw two passes and a pitch before finally running a sneak (from shotgun on fourth). I know that if the passes were caught, it would have looked really fancy and flashy. Personally (and I'm not qualified to call plays), I would have run the sneak with our freight train QB four times from a yard out. If it didn't work, kudos to a monster D.

6'5" QB?  Who are you talking about?

Oops. I did mix up Bevil's height with Byerly. If it's any consolation, he did the EXACT same thing with Byerly against Ozen. Had we scored that TD w/ Byerly, we likely would have won and been district champs. Instead, we lost and ended up tied for third, eventually missing the playoffs on a coin flip. Strange but true.

Bevil was about 6 foot even. I'd still have snuck the heck out of it.

REMEMBER THAT. ON THE GOAL LINE AND DON'T RUN A SNEAK. WHAT A SHOCK.

Oops. I did mix up Bevil's height with Byerly. If it's any consolation, he did the EXACT same thing with Byerly against Ozen. Had we scored that TD w/ Byerly, we likely would have won and been district champs. Instead, we lost and ended up tied for third, eventually missing the playoffs on a coin flip. Strange but true.

Bevil was about 6 foot even. I'd still have snuck the heck out of it.

See, this is what I am talking about.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86