318 Yards rushing.......

SFA85

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The defense was on the field most of the game... Our offense did not give the defense a break.  This defense is not soft. They were worn down. You had to see the game.  They did a tremendous job under extreme fatigue.  They HELD them all night when it counted. I can't wait for district to start so the teams can just duke it out on the field. I think all the haters will be put in there place. GO DOGS!!!!

Brenham has back-to-back wins against 5A Houston Yates and 5A Houston Lamar. That tells me the Nederland win over them was quality. Waller has a win over Bay City who beat WO-S this evening and a loss to a very strong Lamar Consolidated who returned the nucleus of a very strong offense and defense from last season. Forest Brook, well they pretty much suck.

The defense is not soft against the run. We did give up a few big plays last night, but I actually like it when teams run against us instead of passing. Our secondary has been solid thus far, but I trust our guys up front more than I do the safeties and corners. Waller had a triple headed rushing attack and we have always had problems with QB's that can run. Other than the QB, we did a good job on their backs in my opinion. We forced 7 fumbles and recovered 4 of them and scored two TD's. Sounds like a good game to me. Waller was much more polished on offense than we were and I was impressed with their size and speed. I think that district finish will be Brenham, Waller, and Caney Creek in that order.

Brenham has back-to-back wins against 5A Houston Yates and 5A Houston Lamar. That tells me the Nederland win over them was quality. Waller has a win over Bay City who beat WO-S this evening and a loss to a very strong Lamar Consolidated who returned the nucleus of a very strong offense and defense from last season. Forest Brook, well they pretty much suck.

The defense is not soft against the run. We did give up a few big plays last night, but I actually like it when teams run against us instead of passing. Our secondary has been solid thus far, but I trust our guys up front more than I do the safeties and corners. Waller had a triple headed rushing attack and we have always had problems with QB's that can run. Other than the QB, we did a good job on their backs in my opinion. We forced 7 fumbles and recovered 4 of them and scored two TD's. Sounds like a good game to me. Waller was much more polished on offense than we were and I was impressed with their size and speed. I think that district finish will be Brenham, Waller, and Caney Creek in that order.

Jack Yates is neither 5A nor an opponent of Brenham.  Brenham beat 4A Houston Worthing last week.  And CC will win that district unless The Cubs' secondary gets over the fear of hitting

My mistake.. The radio guys on KLVI reported last week that Brenham had beaten Yates. It must have been misinformation. Did Yates used to be 5A?

Yates use to be 5A but have been playing 4A for the last 6 years now.  And Jake, always check with me before you believe those yahoos from KLVI.....

The week before we allowed about 70 total yards for the game! The level of competition stepped up this week and in turn so did the yards allowed. Waller had a really good running attack and had great success between the 20's. But, once they got into the red zone, the defense tightened up as most D's do vs. any kind of offense. The QB was really slick with his fake handoffs and fake pitches, he burnt us a few times. I like our D against a team with 1 or 2 RB threats or 1 QB threat. But, it is tough to stop a team with 3 threats in the backfield.. 2 RB's and 1 QB. Lucky for us that Waller did not throw the ball well. They really would have had us on our heels.

from the footage on the news,the mongrels got lucky and caught some breaks. brenhams secondary was afraid to make a mistake and it killed them. enjoy being 3-0. time to start district. nederland will lose to ozen,central,dayton,and lc-m. have a wonderful basketball season.

I'd say we are underdogs vs. Dayton and Central more than likely. But, I like our chances against LC-M and Ozen who are both having problems scoring. We were VERY fortunate to win vs. Waller and Brenham for that matter after our QB got hurt. But, I think both of those teams would be in the thick of things in 22-AAAA.

from the footage on the news,the mongrels got lucky and caught some breaks. brenhams secondary was afraid to make a mistake and it killed them. enjoy being 3-0. time to start district. nederland will lose to ozen,central,dayton,and lc-m. have a wonderful basketball season.

Keep picking against us.  You picked us to lose against Waller.

He has a way about himself where he keeps the "double down betting scheme". Sooner or later he is bound to hit. He is also the one who said He would shut up if Nederland was .500 after 5 games. Don't expect that to hold true either. The way I see it as long as he keeps betting against us it's a sure thing we will be doing just fine. That goes for just about ALL the comments he makes about Nederland. Time and history proves him wrong every time. He is our best fan and he doesn't even know it.LOL

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw