Buna 26 Hardin 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Buna 26 Hardin 0/FINAL

Was the Hardin coach out-coached by the equally athletic Buna Cougars coach?  I need answers from the Hardin faithful on this result.  I was told the buna qb didn't even play tonight and they still rolled Hardin up with ease?  Y'all miss Haynes yet? 

9 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

Was the Hardin coach out-coached by the equally athletic Buna Cougars coach?  I need answers from the Hardin faithful on this result.  I was told the buna qb didn't even play tonight and they still rolled Hardin up with ease?  Y'all miss Haynes yet? 

Qb scored first touch and never came back in. Not being ugly but this game would have really gotten out of hand if it wasn’t for that

My first game to see in awhile but from the looks of it Hardin played terrible. A touchdown called back and a scoop fumble for a touchdown give to buna and terrible play calling. When Hardin would run it they looked good but they seemed to try and throw it a lot more. That coach had kids in the wrong spots. I bet LH is shaking his head about right now along with every other Hardin fan.

3 hours ago, XXPLAYAXX said:

My first game to see in awhile but from the looks of it Hardin played terrible. A touchdown called back and a scoop fumble for a touchdown give to buna and terrible play calling. When Hardin would run it they looked good but they seemed to try and throw it a lot more. That coach had kids in the wrong spots. I bet LH is shaking his head about right now along with every other Hardin fan.

22 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

So wait, two posts with references to Larry Haynes? Interesting. The best part is, it's not like Larry Haynes would be doing any better with this group of kids. They weren't exactly setting the world on fire last year, or any year Haynes was in Hardin. This is why Hardin will never have any success. Coaches don't get a chance to build something there. A town who has never won anything, expecting to win immediately......unless your name is Larry Haynes. Haynes can lose all he wants.....somehow, he's got most of town convinced he's a genius. 

39 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

So wait, two posts with references to Larry Haynes? Interesting. The best part is, it's not like Larry Haynes would be doing any better with this group of kids. They weren't exactly setting the world on fire last year, or any year Haynes was in Hardin. This is why Hardin will never have any success. Coaches don't get a chance to build something there. A town who has never won anything, expecting to win immediately......unless your name is Larry Haynes. Haynes can lose all he wants.....somehow, he's got most of town convinced he's a genius. 

I thought y'all ran Larry off ?   Wouldn't that imply that Hardin disapproves of the job he performed?  No football coach ever came thru Hardin and built his resume.  Larry was the only one who could win in Hardin, right?  I mean, 80 years of everyone else losing, so the numbers don't lie. Ha!

5 hours ago, NetCat said:

Where is our boy @Chuckwagon to defend the coaches? 

I’ll be honest I’m at a loss for words right now. Not how i saw this all panning out. I thought randy snell did a great job of getting coaches back in here after only having a handful the year before. but its clear there are some real inexperienced coaches on staff mixed with kids playing out of position. I hate to say this but haynes and them made in game adjustments and haven’t seen that this year once. Maybe its the boys learning the new systems i dont know. 

i do believe giving ned more time will help out build some consistency. But i also understand the folks shouting about opening this job up at the end of the season. My vote is to give the man more time. And with our strength coach actually involved now things will get better.

59 minutes ago, Chuckwagon said:

I’ll be honest I’m at a loss for words right now. Not how i saw this all panning out. I thought randy snell did a great job of getting coaches back in here after only having a handful the year before. but its clear there are some real inexperienced coaches on staff mixed with kids playing out of position. I hate to say this but haynes and them made in game adjustments and haven’t seen that this year once. Maybe its the boys learning the new systems i dont know. 

i do believe giving ned more time will help out build some consistency. But i also understand the folks shouting about opening this job up at the end of the season. My vote is to give the man more time. And with our strength coach actually involved now things will get better.

He was literally hired at the absolute last minute, in the middle of COVID, and given a severely sub par roster with which to work. Of course you have to give him more time. I am still surprised he was able to pull a staff together. He needs at least enough to time to filter a few groups through an offseason program to see what might be able to be built there. Those already pointing fingers clearly have no idea what goes into building a somewhat successful program. I'd say the issues in Hardin have less to do with the coaches, and more to do with the gene pool. 

16 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

He was literally hired at the absolute last minute, in the middle of COVID, and given a severely sub par roster with which to work. Of course you have to give him more time. I am still surprised he was able to pull a staff together. He needs at least enough to time to filter a few groups through an offseason program to see what might be able to be built there. Those already pointing fingers clearly have no idea what goes into building a somewhat successful program. I'd say the issues in Hardin have less to do with the coaches, and more to do with the gene pool. 

I do believe you are right about needing more time. But we cannot use covid as our excuse and this roster is full of All district players from a year ago. Now 7-3 may have been wishful thinking but staring at 2-7 sure aint what the expectations were. Everyone is dealing with the same issues we are.  Once he gets these coaches trained up and the kids buy in we will be alright. 

This coach from what I hear won’t be a Hardin very long. Not many coaches are going to stay as a head coach under a AD at a smaller school this is just a stepping block until he finds the next gig. He also won’t be there long if the board member who stands on the fence yells at him or other coaches. I was in the stands when I heard about this happening and it’s such a disgrace to Hardin ISD and the kids on the field. I understand that the coach has kids out of position and play calling is very bad but we as adults can’t conduct ourselves in that manner. Smh! 

11 hours ago, XXPLAYAXX said:

This coach from what I hear won’t be a Hardin very long. Not many coaches are going to stay as a head coach under a AD at a smaller school this is just a stepping block until he finds the next gig. He also won’t be there long if the board member who stands on the fence yells at him or other coaches. I was in the stands when I heard about this happening and it’s such a disgrace to Hardin ISD and the kids on the field. I understand that the coach has kids out of position and play calling is very bad but we as adults can’t conduct ourselves in that manner. Smh! 

Ol Bubba still at huh?

15 hours ago, Chuckwagon said:

...this roster is full of All district players from a year ago.

Where?  Of the 1st and 2nd teamers on offense (including superlatives, I counted 6, Thonsgaard at Co-Lineman, Potetz at QB, Tidwell at WR, Dickey at TE, Colby and Will Barrett at OL), 2, Tidwell and Will Barrett, graduated and 1, Dickey moved out of the school district (remember, y'all were all too happy to tell me that when I posted Hardin's preview during the summer). Of the 2 defense all district, 1 moved.

I don't know where all of this returning all-district talent is......I bet today Ned Barrier is, too.