Newton @ Crockett..21-9 Crockett Final/Comments

Guest pilot

Guest EagleFan01

Penalties and turnovers hurt Newton bad tonight.... First game of the season they will be alright they alway start out slow. Looking forward to next weeks game.

Guest EagleFan01

Oh yeah it will be ok, we will fix the mistakes and be back strong next week. It is just the first game of the season there is alot of football left to play, we will be playing all the way into December this is a very good football team. From what I heard Crockett was very good tonight, but considering the turnovers Newton didn't give up alot of points tonight.

Guest Eagle73

Newton had a team effort at playing badly. The offense was out of sync, the defense was uninspired. Even running on the field as a team seemed a struggle. IMO Worst group effort since  loss in playoffs to Sealy 82 to 6. Team has talent, just needs to find heart.

Guest Eagle73

Maybe I was at another game or something. Everyone keeps saying Crockett is a good team. In 3A they are average at best. Having said that, they handed us our hats on the way out of the field! Congrats to them.

Penalties and turnovers hurt Newton bad tonight.... First game of the season they will be alright they alway start out slow. Looking forward to next weeks game.

Good to see EagleFan01 is taking this setback well. I woulda bet good money this morning woulda found him in a dark corner, curled in a fetal position, mumbling incoherently while clutching his official Curtis Barbay autographed jock strap after the loss.   ;D

Six turnovers and a lot of penalities. One fumble returned for a touchdown. Crockett is an average 3A team. Newton looked bad but it wasn't because the boys did not put the effort out. They played hard.  A good wake up call. Jasper lost last week the same way, turnovers. Thats part of the game. Should be a good matchup next week with Jasper if we can hold onto the football.

I am still puzzled about the first touchdown that Crockett made. They had a 4th down on our 42 Y line and faked a punt and went to the right side and when the Newton player was about to tackle him he puched kicked it and when the Newton player hit him the ref. call roughing the kicker. 15 Yds and a first down and they went in and scored.

Maybe I was at another game or something. Everyone keeps saying Crockett is a good team. In 3A they are average at best. Having said that, they handed us our hats on the way out of the field! Congrats to them.

I agree, Crockett is average at best.  Both teams looked like crap to me and it was the worst performance by Newton in a LONG, LONG time. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xoxox
    Newest Member
    xoxox