**West Brook 34 Central 17 FINAL/COMMENTS**

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do see a fourth high school in BISD's future. Look for it in about 5 years and located in Northwest Beaumont. I will be a breakoff from Brook... probably spending its first two years as a 3A.

Not in the future but in 5 years...  ???  is not 5 years in the future? 

And yes, I would agree a new 4th high school opening in about 4-5 years.

Good job WB guys looked real good last night. Now when we go to WF have the same fire. WF lost last night so they are expecting a win against WB so WB is going to have to hit them with every thing they have. Im predicting brook by 7 WF's defense gave up to many td's. WB's def. seems much better. This one is for Patitan like i said before the season even started WB will mow PAM in the ground like they did last year. Our def. is much stronger an faster than last year. There is nothing wrong with our DB's it seems everyone is still going off of last year. Not contridicting myself when i say that WB will beat PAM and who ever else gets in the way. GO BRUINS

Gotta put my coin in....

Centrals Head coach is fine, I like the guy, but his Offensive Coordinater (OC) is confused.  I have never scene a  more confused OC in my life.  The lack luster Oline has really exposed him this year.  In the past good qb's and rb's could do alot behind a decent Oline.  This year the Oline is pitiful... I apologize to the parents of the kids on the Oline but the effort to be a good line isn't there.  The OC is trash slop.  For the past years I have scene Central waste TO because they can't get the play off in time.  It is even more evident this year.  The guy doesnt have a playbook and he doesnt watch the play clock.  Find a new OC and Central will be decent. 

The defense allowed some big plays...  I thought they played well against bigger and stronger kids.  The Brook wasn't methotical on there drives.... there points came from the big play!!!!

Now the Brook will have a great year.  Need to find a way to get the two headed monstars the ball even more.  They can forget the spread and run the pro-style and feature both backs...  I think the D is good and will be strong this year.  the corners can be exploited, they were playing baseball against our recievers.  NOTE: OC didnt notice that either.  I would have ran short stunts and curls till WB corners played tighter then went to the air deep.  OOPs my bad the central O-line wouldn't have blocked anyone to get that pass off!

Westbrook I want to say great job... I would rather eat chicken but you have got me eating crow!

Central... kids good luck... the talent is there but the coachin staff especially OC will have to get it out there and let you use it.  Defense you held us in the game as long as you could have... good job.  Offense... tighten up line and act like you want to play...

I envision all the big setx rivalry games being played at this facility. What a showcase piece for setx. We have some of the best high school football in the state of Texas and no nice facilty to shoecase it. This facility will be able to accomdate FSN AND ESPN if they decide that one or more of our setx schools are worthy of broadcasting.

Are you kidding?  Beaumont's high school football is horrible.  Sorry, but look at the facts.  I'm a Beaumont lifer but our high school football hasn't been worth spit since 1982 (WB) and 80-something with French.  The only ones that have made any noise in the playoffs are PN-G and maybe WO-S.  Nederland and PN-G are better because of the people that have moved out of Beaumont because of the screwy school zoning/busing.  If by we, you are referring to Nederland PN-G and WOS then I guess we have decent HS football.

ESPN???...I'm about to fall out of my chair I'm laughing so hard.

And what do you base it on the 3 picks he threw in the red zone last week or the one running touchdown he did last night.  Everyone knows Falgout is the better runner,  but we already have runningbacks we need a quarterback and Louis is the better QB.

I base it on the fact that Falgout is bigger, faster, tougher, and has a stronger arm.  If you haven't noticed, with the type of offense WB runs you better have a QB that can run.

I don't understand what you see in Louis?  The only passes I saw him complete were a 3 yard screen pass, a 6 yard out, and a poorly thrown 10 yard hook that number 2 turned into a 60 yard touchdown.  I did see Louis throw a pass right to Central on our own 10 yard line that Central easily took in for a score.  I did see Falgout lead WB to 13 points in the 1st quarter and then get pulled for no reason.  I did see Louis make enough bad plays to allow Central to hang around before we just decided to run it down their throats.  I did see Louis lock in on one receiver on the few pass attempts he did have.  I did see him roll right and throw a ball about 30 yards over the head of the intended receiver.

Honestly, I haven't seen either one of them throw the ball enough to make an honest assessment as to who can throw better.  But from watching the two play, you can easily tell who the better football player is and you can easily tell who gives WB the best chance to win.  I suppose we'll see when WB finally has to play a good team.  Who will they go with?  Who will be able to make the winning (or losing) plays?  My guess is he is playing because he is Louis' son not because he is better than Falgout..and that's a shame.

Guest WeedBegone

Lets try and not bash players--especially by name.  I also believe that the coaches are not playing the Daddy game.  Both of these players have complimenting stengths.  Remember Falgout is a returning all district starter and is instrumental in the great improvement on our defense.  It is good that a team can get reps in on two QB's and still enjoy two wins in games.  These games are important to the local teams because they are playing for braggin rights---which is good competition.  I am a big Falgout fan ---but i also see the benefit of grooming another  QB--giving him some chances to read defenses-- in non-district play. When everything is on the line the appropriate decision will be made. 

Try enjoying supporting the teams and players you like without bringing attention to the names of those you may not even really know.  Personally, as a WB fan i only root against Central and Ozen once a year---then i enjoy their success. 

Guest WBFan09

Well put Weed

westendfirst chill out a little my gosh...he was just making comments of how nice the stadium would be and im sure we would be able to play on FSN if we continue our success and keep playing good teams like Westfield in our open games....its not like it could never happen

Westendfirst you have no idea what you are talking about. The stats for two games this season are as follows:

c-a      pct    yrd    td    int

Louis      4-6    66.7    143    3      1

Falgout  11-20  55    121    2      3

Falgout has a 100 yards rushing with 2 tds, but everyone know he's the better runner.  We need him at safety not QB.  Stump already said that Louis will become the full time starter when district hits.

Are you kidding?  Beaumont's high school football is horrible.  Sorry, but look at the facts.  I'm a Beaumont lifer but our high school football hasn't been worth spit since 1982 (WB) and 80-something with French.  The only ones that have made any noise in the playoffs are PN-G and maybe WO-S.  Nederland and PN-G are better because of the people that have moved out of Beaumont because of the screwy school zoning/busing.  If by we, you are referring to Nederland PN-G and WOS then I guess we have decent HS football.

ESPN???...I'm about to fall out of my chair I'm laughing so hard.

dude are you kidding me, PNG hasnt been to the playoffs in 2 seasons and did you witness that beating Central put on Nederland last season?  whats funny is the fact that you make  idiotic posts like this one with nothing factual to back it and assume you know what the hell you are talking about.

Guest WBFan09

West Brook going three deep into the playoffs is not easy in case you havent heard...and we have done it the past two seasons...and who do we lose to??? the teams that eventually go on to the state championship game

plus how do you not think FSN will come to BMT they go everywhere else in setx

dude are you kidding me, PNG hasnt been to the playoffs in 2 seasons and did you witness that beating Central put on Nederland last season?  whats funny is the fact that you make  idiotic posts like this one with nothing factual to back it and assume you know what the heck you are talking about.

just to add.......the "horrible" Beaumont schools are 39-35 vs the three teams mentioned.......

Ozen vs PNG....1-5

Ozen vs Ned....3-7

Ozen vs WOS....2-2

total.............6-14

Cen vs PNG.....5-3

Cen vs Ned.....5-1

Cen vs WOS....3-9

total...........13-13

WB vs PNG......8-0

WB vs Ned......7-3

WB vs WOS....5-5

total...........20-8

Westendfirst you have no idea what you are talking about. The stats for two games this season are as follows:

c-a      pct     yrd     td     int

Louis      4-6    66.7    143     3      1

Falgout  11-20   55     121     2       3

Falgout has a 100 yards rushing with 2 tds, but everyone know he's the better runner.  We need him at safety not QB.  Stump already said that Louis will become the full time starter when district hits.

IMO, he's making a big mistake if he goes with Louis.  I think anyone that watches the two play sees who the better leader, athlete, qb, is. 

dude are you kidding me, PNG hasnt been to the playoffs in 2 seasons and did you witness that beating Central put on Nederland last season?  whats funny is the fact that you make  idiotic posts like this one with nothing factual to back it and assume you know what the heck you are talking about.

Help me, I'm a little confused.  If Nederland and PN-G football are so horrible, then why were they the ones invited to the double header in Reliant Stadium?  I suppose it should have been Central and Ozen instead? 

It's obvious this year that PNG, Central, and probably Ozen are all down.

Look schools have up and down years and maybe I shouldn't have used the word horrible.  But, I don't see how you can reasonably say we have some of the best football in the state when we really don't have some of the best football in Southeast Texas (I include the Houston area as SE Texas).  We are consistenly knocked out of the playoffs after we get out of our little region.  There have been a couple of exceptions...but not many.  When you think of top programs in the state none of the Beaumont schools come to mind.  Who comes to mind:  Southlake Carroll, Austin Westlake, Katy, Smithson Valley or Cedar Hill.    Second tier 'best in state' would be teams like maybe Euless Trinity, and Lufkin...maybe even Tyler Lee & A&M Cosolidated.  Or Cy Fair, and Galena Park North Shore.  Then you might get into the West Brooks and Baytown Lees, and Odessa Permian, Longview, etc.

West Brook has good football but it's not 'some of the best in the state'.  They had a great year last year and are on track to be very good especially since it appears they have some top notch coaches.  So, who knows, with Falgout at QB, they may be able to move to the upper echelon.

Central and Ozen are on the decline with no end in sight.

The problem with Ozen and Central is the school zoning...and it's going to get worse with the bond issue.  Fehl & Price are both being zoned to Marshall and then can choose WB or Ozen.  Who do you think the football players are going to choose?  Then, Guess and Homer are still being zoned to Austin but they will be able to choose between Central and WB...again, who do you think the football players will choose?  Caldwood kids can already choose between WB and Ozen.  So, more than 1/2 of the elementary schools will have the option of picking WB as their 'zoned' school. 

Elementary schools zoned to WB (if bond passes):  Homer, Guess, Regina, Curtis, Amelia, Dishman, Fehl/Price, Caldwood.

Zoned to Central (if bond passes):  Homer, Smith, Lucas/Martin, Fletcher, Dunbar/Ogden

Zoned to Ozen (if bond passes):  Caldwood, Bingman/Blanchette, Pietzsch MacArthur. 

The odd thing is, I would imagine that if the kids from Fehl/Price would all elect to go to Ozen rather than WB, Ozen would be much better.  There are not too many kids actually starting on Marshall's football team (which feeds to WB) that actually went to Curtis or Regina..so they are all either transfers or they are from Fehl.

just to add.......the "horrible" Beaumont schools are 39-35 vs the three teams mentioned.......

Ozen vs PNG....1-5

Ozen vs Ned....3-7

Ozen vs WOS....2-2

total.............6-14

Cen vs PNG.....5-3

Cen vs Ned.....5-1

Cen vs WOS....3-9

total...........13-13

WB vs PNG......8-0

WB vs Ned......7-3

WB vs WOS....5-5

total...........20-8

I'll have to admit that Central's succes against PNG & Ned Surprises me.  Looks like I should have mentioned 3A WOS instead.  That basically proves my point.  You are not a top 'best in state' 5A or even 4A program if you can't beat 3A schools.  Of course, I suppose now we need to get into what level these schools played at when all of these games were played.  For WB to be 20-8 vs those smaller schools is not anythign to brag about.

Help me, I'm a little confused.  If Nederland and PN-G football are so horrible, then why were they the ones invited to the double header in Reliant Stadium?  I suppose it should have been Central and Ozen instead? 

It's obvious this year that PNG, Central, and probably Ozen are all down.

Look schools have up and down years and maybe I shouldn't have used the word horrible.  But, I don't see how you can reasonably say we have some of the best football in the state when we really don't have some of the best football in Southeast Texas (I include the Houston area as SE Texas).  We are consistenly knocked out of the playoffs after we get out of our little region.  There have been a couple of exceptions...but not many.  When you think of top programs in the state none of the Beaumont schools come to mind.  Who comes to mind:  Southlake Carroll, Austin Westlake, Katy, Smithson Valley or Cedar Hill.    Second tier 'best in state' would be teams like maybe Euless Trinity, and Lufkin...maybe even Tyler Lee & A&M Cosolidated.  Or Cy Fair, and Galena Park North Shore.  Then you might get into the West Brooks and Baytown Lees, and Odessa Permian, Longview, etc.

West Brook has good football but it's not 'some of the best in the state'.  They had a great year last year and are on track to be very good especially since it appears they have some top notch coaches.  So, who knows, with Falgout at QB, they may be able to move to the upper echelon.

Central and Ozen are on the decline with no end in sight.

The problem with Ozen and Central is the school zoning...and it's going to get worse with the bond issue.  Fehl & Price are both being zoned to Marshall and then can choose WB or Ozen.  Who do you think the football players are going to choose?  Then, Guess and Homer are still being zoned to Austin but they will be able to choose between Central and WB...again, who do you think the football players will choose?  Caldwood kids can already choose between WB and Ozen.  So, more than 1/2 of the elementary schools will have the option of picking WB as their 'zoned' school. 

Elementary schools zoned to WB (if bond passes):  Homer, Guess, Regina, Curtis, Amelia, Dishman, Fehl/Price, Caldwood.

Zoned to Central (if bond passes):  Homer, Smith, Lucas/Martin, Fletcher, Dunbar/Ogden

Zoned to Ozen (if bond passes):  Caldwood, Bingman/Blanchette, Pietzsch MacArthur. 

The odd thing is, I would imagine that if the kids from Fehl/Price would all elect to go to Ozen rather than WB, Ozen would be much better.  There are not too many kids actually starting on Marshall's football team (which feeds to WB) that actually went to Curtis or Regina..so they are all either transfers or they are from Fehl.

??? ??? ??? ??? to what's in bold.  Cedar Hill is a top tier.  I believe this is their first state championship.  Permian in the same breath with Brook and Lee?  So Falgout is a better QB than Chaisson was last year?  The heck out of here! ::) ::)

westendfirst.........

you are showing how much you really don't know.......is your real complaint that Ozen and Central are performing sub-par to West Brook?? (that the feeling im getting)..By your winded discussion about kids at Marshall.......your zoning argument don't mean a thing if it is still "A District of Choice".........does that change in the bond?? Smith is a middle school not an elementary

Hebert/Ozen faithfull use to put it to me this way....."hey we just leave the door open"..........I always knew these days would comeback for West Brook.......I called it reverberation.......and the truth is now in progress.  BISD is reeping what has been sewn (freedom to chose and kids want to win)....that's what people told me when I complained about the same things you are (Zoneing)  Right now West Brook is just "leaving the door open"........

There have been 4 head coaches at West Brook but one thing has allways remained the same ........a superior coaching staff (even in the Rabb era the "staff" was superior)........I will not say it's the best in the state but i'm not going to stay quiet when people spit off info. they have no backing for..........

History is what has brought Nederland and PN-G to Religent......  not being the best in Southeast Texas.......I think the rest of us can respect that!!!

Finally, the 15 wins WB has, vs NED and PNG all came when they were all in 5a.....the three loses to Nederland were shortly after Ozen opened and WB had about 25 kids coming  out each year to play football...(no excuse, Fact).......and vs West Orange......both teams were 2-2 in 5a and when West Orange droped to 4a (with 2 state titles) both manages 3-3 records aginst each other.  West Orange was 3a vs 4a central twice all other meetings between the two and Ozen were in level classifications......... Every meeting between Central and PNG have been district games both 4a and 5a............Ozen has alway been 4a vs Ned and PNG..........

Good post besbolbenbedy... I was going to say the same thing....  Those records against WOS were when they were 5A and 4A powers.  Check your history west end...  Only two loses to WOS 3A was Central when it was 4A.  It was also during two of the programs most down years and at the begining of the year during which Central had coaching changes.

I fo admit Beaumont football has not been elite in while.  There has been alot of good football played here that has not transferred to play-off performance.  In the last 10 years beaumont football programs have only went three or more rounds deep in the playoff 4 times.  (Central 1 & WB 3).  Alot of the football woes for this area have been because of the shift in zoning and schools in the past 20 or so years.  There has been seven or so school changes and re-zoning, therefore there is no stability.  Ozen was created at a time when WB and Central were both finding new identities, with the hype of Ozen both schools lost key players.  Until some stability is reached, look for there to be struggles to be elite programs in Beaumont.  Alot of the schools metioned in westensds blog have 40 + year traditions (PNG & Ned included).  All have had up and down years and all have been great over that span too.  There are two schools in this city that have somewhat of a tradition Central 21 yrs and WB 25 yrs.  These schools have not had the opportunity to build tradition because of the district carrousel of zoning and school additions and subtractions.  And there is talk of a third Highschool instead of building on the ones we have.

With a little stability great tradition can come out of Beaumont, the atheletes are here.

You can't fault Central. There is a 1,000 student greater population at WB. Central shrinking population will have them in 3A soon. Until that 4th high school is opened, I see WB dominating the Beaumont Bowl for years.

Did I miss something, here? Has there been talk of a fourth high school in Beaumont? If we had three schools that were 5A and all were overcrowded, then I could see the possibility of adding another school. Until then I wouldn't worry about it!

Champ........I have been looking at it like this......If West Brook keeps winning over Ozen and Central one of two things would happen........1) They cut the cord and let Brook choose teams they want to play........or 2) they try opening another school with orange and wight, as the colors, and a Buffalo for the mascot........lol...or the Beaumont Charllton Pollard Purple Greenies..........lol

the new school has been a thought putting it in the Northwest part of Beaumont......that is fact.......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83