**West Brook 34 Central 17 FINAL/COMMENTS**

Where do I start on this one:

West Brook's lines dominated on both sides of the ball...that was the main thing.

I was very disappointed in Central, I thought they were much better than that.  They looked smaller and slower than West Brook.  Whether it was coaching or not...well, I guess that has to have something to do with it but it just looked like West Brook was MUCH better than Central.  Central really played poorly...they just looked like they were out of it right from the beginning (I guess that happens when the QB goes flying down the field for a 50+ yard touchdown on the 2nd or 3rd play of the game...talk about a heartbreaker!)

Central has some speed but their QB can't throw the ball very well at all.  If their O'line is not going to run block any better than they did last night they better find a QB that can scramble AND throw the ball.  Their QB last night was quick but he has no arm.

I think WB did them a HUGE favor by playing Louis most of the game vs Falgout.  Falgout looks a LOT better than Louis.  Louis may be a little more accurate throwing the ball than Falgout but it was hard to tell as neither one threw the ball very much.  The big touchdown pass by Louis was really an average throw on a 10-15 yard hook...that number 2 (WR) was the one that made that play.  That kid can fly.  But, from what I saw, Falgout looked much faster, stronger, tougher, confindent, and more competetive than Louis.  Looks like Falgout will smash you in the mouth when he's running with that ball vs sliding or ducking or running out of bounds.  He looks like he has a pretty strong arm but who knows based on last night...only one pass.  But, if it's a close game, from what I saw last night I'd much rather have Falgout back there than Louis.

But again, the real story last night in my opinion was the line play.  WB's offensive line dominated and WB's defensive line dominated.  Both teams made way too many mistakes.  Lots of penalties and turnovers.

I was shocked by the field itself.  It looked like it was in GREAT shape.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, from Stump perspective Falgout is needed at safety where there is no one else to replace him that can play at his level. Falgout is a better runner than Louis but he already have two good RB's. What he needs is an accurate passer and Louis gives him this. Just look at the stats... completion percentage, TD to interception ratio,etc.

Yes, titan the WB secodary is not the best. That's why the D-Line was built to apply so much pressure, to be disruptive. You cannot challenge a weak secodary if the D-Line in in your backfield all night. To challenge WB secodary teams will have to bring in a superior O-Line. Remember, as I have said before everything is about matchups. If I'm beating you at the point of contact which is when the center snaps the ball then I have disrupted your plans.

Yes, titan the WB secodary is not the best. That's why the D-Line was built to apply so much pressure, to be disruptive. You cannot challenge a weak secodary if the D-Line in in your backfield all night. To challenge WB secodary teams will have to bring in a superior O-Line. Remember, as I have said before everything is about matchups. If I'm beating you at the point of contact which is when the center snaps the ball then your i have disrupted your plans.

AKA  THE TRENCHES.  It's where the game is won and lost.  

You can't fault Central. There is a 1,000 student greater population at WB. Central shrinking population will have them in 3A soon. Until that 4th high school is opened, I see WB dominating the Beaumont Bowl for years.

I'm not buying that.  Brook have good players and so do we.  Brook is a small 5a school, we are an average 4a school.  The only time you say something about 'ohh, they are a 5a and they are suposed to beat a 4a team' crap is when players are going both ways all the time.  This wasn't the case.

You can't fault Central. There is a 1,000 student greater population at WB. Central shrinking population will have them in 3A soon. Until that 4th high school is opened, I see WB dominating the Beaumont Bowl for years.

What 4th school?

Guest WBFan09

They havn't ruled out the new BISD stadium though.

oh yeah they for sure have to build that thing its gonna serve like multiple sports and things it should help bring some attention to beaumont around play off time

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder