**West Brook 34 Central 17 FINAL/COMMENTS**

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I envision all the big setx rivalry games being played at this facility. What a showcase piece for setx. We have some of the best high school football in the state of Texas and no nice facilty to shoecase it. This facility will be able to accomdate FSN AND ESPN if they decide that one or more of our setx schools are worthy of broadcasting.

the way we looked, maybe we need to play on thuredays so we dont embarrass ourselves in front of a big crowd.  ::) ::)

Fix the O-Line Soulja that's all. I would still like to see more done with Frog. Putting him at QB only tells you that he's going to run the ball, the defense will not remain honest because he presents no passing threat. At least I have not heard of him being able to proficiently pass the ball. Correct me if I am wrong.

Who is Central's coach?  It's not the same guy they had last few years?  If so, I wouldn't be so quick to run him off.  He's done a great job.

Each school should have their own football stadium.  But I will vote for bond anyway.  The schools really need it.  (If yall really want this football stadium you seriously need to get out and vote.  There are a LOT of people out there they aren't going to vote for the bond just because of this sports complex.  Many voters think schools should come first).

Falgout s/b starting QB.  It's a no brainer.  All you have to do is watch the two play.

Central has a lot of weaknesses unless WB is just that good.  The O-line and defensive line both got whooped last night.

I don't think that Nederland coach gets enough credit.  They freaking win every year.  Then, this year, their stud QB goes down and they put in a sophomore and they apparently don't miss a beat.  Unreal.

Who is Central's coach?  It's not the same guy they had last few years?  If so, I wouldn't be so quick to run him off.  He's done a great job.

Each school should have their own football stadium.  But I will vote for bond anyway.  The schools really need it.  (If yall really want this football stadium you seriously need to get out and vote.  There are a LOT of people out there they aren't going to vote for the bond just because of this sports complex.  Many voters think schools should come first).

Falgout s/b starting QB.  It's a no brainer.  All you have to do is watch the two play.

Central has a lot of weaknesses unless WB is just that good.  The O-line and defensive line both got whooped last night.

I don't think that Nederland coach gets enough credit.  They freaking win every year.  Then, this year, their stud QB goes down and they put in a sophomore and they apparently don't miss a beat.  Unreal.

And what do you base it on the 3 picks he threw in the red zone last week or the one running touchdown he did last night.  Everyone knows Falgout is the better runner,  but we already have runningbacks we need a quarterback and Louis is the better QB.

Guest tigersvoice

Used to live in Beaumont but don't any more.  The downtown location, at first mention, sounds like a good idea to me - trying to help out the OVERALL rejuvination of Beaumont.  Seems like the big problem could be the traffic patterns.  It that could be worked out could be great.  I know Jefferson County has the albatross, Ford Park, but with some pre-thought the downtown stadium could be built to accomodate large concerts too.  I'd rather sit on a stadium bleacher than lay on a hill.

1 2 3 4 OT Total

Beaumont West Brook 13 7 7 7 0 34

Beaumont Central       0 10 0 7 0 17

Scoring summary

BWB -- David Falgout 54-yard run. PAT Failed 2 Pt Run ( ), 11:18, 1st.

BWB -- Caleb Gatlin 18-yard interception. PAT Kick ( Dean Lauher ), 05:11, 1st.

BWB -- Christian Michael 1-yard run. PAT Kick ( Dean Lauher ), 10:46, 2nd.

BCN -- Jarrad Roberts 15-yard interception. PAT Kick ( Fernando Uribe ), 05:24, 2nd.

BCN -- Fernando Uribe 35-yard field goal, 00:00, 2nd.

BWB -- Christian Louis 67-yard pass to Joshua Powdrill. PAT Kick ( Dean Lauher ), 04:29, 3rd.

BWB -- Christian Louis 14-yard pass to Joshua Powdrill. PAT Kick ( Dean Lauher ), 10:14, 4th.

BCN -- Patrick Fobbs 36-yard pass to Kevin Vallery. PAT Kick ( Fernando Uribe ), 02:09, 4th.

Team Stats

Beaumont West Brook              Beaumont Central

Total yards                               307                                   196

First downs                                12                                     9

Rushes/Yds                             35/220                                35/97

Average rush                              6.29                                2.77

Comp/Atts                                 3/6                                  6/18

Pass yards                                 87                                    99

Comp pct                                  50                                    33.33

Punts 0 0

Punting Yards 0 0

Punting Average 0 0

Fumbles/Lost                             1/1                                    6/3

The 4th high school is not dead. The plan is on hold. It should be in the bond following the November bond. Central numbers will drop next year. Bevil Oaks was removed from the Central area. Those students will go to WB, giving WB a bigger advantage.

I say WB will have 2700 students next year.

Central will have 1200

Ozen will have 1400.

This is my person opinion.

There will be no 4th high school asociated with this bond. Only if the bond passes will the Roy Guess/Austin track which includes the Bevil Oaks/Northwest Forrest areas be assigned to the West Brook zone. However, those same student will be granted transfers if they wish to go to Smith and Central. The student population will not change very much because the majority the the students in this feeder pattern have already trasfered to WB or attend private school. I do no see Central numbers changing at all. If a change will happen it will be with WB if students decide to transfer in from private schools.

There will be no 4th high school asociated with this bond. Only if the bond passes will the Roy Guess/Austin track which includes the Bevil Oaks/Northwest Forrest areas be assigned to the West Brook zone. However, those same student will be granted transfers if they wish to go to Smith and Central. The student population will not change very much because the majority the the students in this feeder pattern have already trasfered to WB or attend private school. I do no see Central numbers changing at all. If a change will happen it will be with WB if students decide to transfer in from private schools.

I said the next bond following the November bond. That means not the coming bond in November, but the next bond following.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83