**Houston Sterling 32 Silsbee 33** Final/Comments

Man what a game....

FLASHES OF BRILLIANCE and then the  youth shows up ( 6 Fumbles / 2 Lost ).

They showed tremendous heart throughout the game and then grew up at the end with the hold on 4th down. 

Defense needs work but they never broke, bent a lot but never gave up a huge play in my opinion.  This team will be a force to reckon with for the next few years.

Jeremy Johnson has brought something to Silsbee that we haven't seen in years maybe even decades.  A Pocket Style Passer with spped to run.  (Can anyone spell Vince Young?)

Great game Tigers.  Hold on to the ball fellas, all that speed does no good if you don't have the 'skin to score with.

Jeremy Johnson had two touchdown one long. Chris Castle had two touchdown (he was making alot of break tackle tonight). Chris Barnes had him a share of a touchdown too ( he ran up the middle throught a couple defenders) and scored. Silsbee defense is going to improve by district time

Offense- Silsbee did pretty good. Running the ball not bad, not bad at all. Not bad play calling ether. Passing was OK, some low ones and timing just a little off. Getting real close there. Fumbled the ball to many times with two turnovers and the yellow hankies, to many of them also. I know we are a young team and I am kind of hard, but I would grade the offense around a B.

Defense-Coach said we would be a work in progress and we are working on it. We did come up with some stops that was nice, Sterling with a game under there belt, proved to be a good test. Huge O-line, good running back, real good QB. A real good test for our defense thats for sure. Not one turnover for Sterling, got to make them turn it over. We are young here also and I'm still hard, I say a C+. Next week another good test in PN-G. Go Tigers!!!

Anytime you win with two sophomores and a junior in the backfield you are fortunate. This group have a long way to go but they will be special by the end of the year. Not many sophomore quarterbacks rush 21 times for 131 yards and two touchdowns and complete ten of 19 passes for 150 yards and another TD. The offense has good receivers, and a decent line. The Tiger defense needs work but there is almost no experience on the field with this group. They can't get anything but better.

Guest tigersvoice

Gotta' love those young Tigers.  Sophomore QB Johnson has a chance to become something special if he doesn't start reading all the message boards.  Junior RB Castle apparently has great

lower body strength.  Listed at 175 pounds, I was impressed with his tenacity i. e. dragging tacklers for extra yardage.  Timing not yet there on the passing game; offensive line got "jumped" a couple of times; defensive front seven leaked in spots; and the secondary - well, the secondary showed serious signs of inexperience.  Most people have been using the words "Talented", "Potential", "Young", and "Inexperienced."  IMO, most people are correct.  But a skinny one point win in the opening game of the season against a 4-A opponent - TAKE IT!

Let's move on quickly because at 0 - 2 those Indians are gonna' be mad coming off that reservation.

Right now, the Tiger offense is way ahead of the Tiger defense. Both sides of the ball are inexperinced except for the o-line, which is key. Silsbee has a very special player at qb, he has the potential to be the best that has ever come through Silsbee, IMO. The Tiger defense is a work in progress, but I believe by the time we are in the thick of district, the defense will come around. The offense will need to keep the scoring going in these early games, to let this defense grow up. The defense will get better, and the offense will too, which is a scary thought.

I really like the promise of this team, going to be fun to watch.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder