Silsbee basketball 2020-21

On 11/30/2020 at 8:44 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Why make it then? Particularly on a Silsbee basketball thread which has zero to do with who the principal is at Hardin-Jefferson High School.

But, you seem to make posts on threads that have absolutely nothing to do with the subject of the thread.

Care to make an Adventist post here too? That would be your next move, correct?

HJ owns real estate in this dude’s head. And they are living there rent free. Love to see it.

I kinda like HJ now actually. I went from indifferent to a slight fan.  I don't let high school basketball run my life.  I've seen Silsbee lose.  I've experienced them winning 2 championships. Scratch that off the bucket list.  

I worked for the state Texas 30 years; 20 of those years were with dps.   I am retired now.  I do a lil Doordash delivery.  I am tryna get my notary loan signatures hustle going.  On the weekends I used to go an Adventist Church  but they've been closed for awhile because of covid 19.  So I watch  the services on Facebook. 

I don't belong to blm, or antifa, none of that. If somebody does well, to each his own.  I've never been to jail. I don't drink or smoke.   I seldom go home to Silsbee.  When I do I go check on my 93 year old uncle.  maybe take him to Walmart or to cracker barrel in Beaumont.  My 3 year old grand son recently discovered basketball at his Montessori school.  His twin sister likes ballet. When  they are old enough to discover PS 5 watch out!

32 minutes ago, ThaGod409 said:

At this point we may as well name the app Silsbeesports 

It’s always been Silsbee dominant on this board, primarily because they’ve been the gold standard for basketball for awhile now.  Just like on the football board, WOS has always dominated the talk.  

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

It’s always been Silsbee dominant on this board, primarily because they’ve been the gold standard for basketball for awhile now.  Just like on the football board, WOS has always dominated the talk.  

It's a valid point you have and I do get what the other poster is saying. I really wished we had more posters from other schools participating here.

But, like you stated, Silsbee in the last 16 years has been the most successful in this area. 12 trips to the regional tourney in those 16 years, with 10 of those trips reaching regional final, 5 regional championships, 3 state finals, 2 state championships.

No team in area has come close to those kind of numbers in recent years. Same for WO-S in football.

But I digress. Let's not make this thread about Silsbee basketball. ;)

26 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It's a valid point you have and I do get what the other poster is saying. I really wished we had more posters from other schools participating here.

But, like you stated, Silsbee in the last 16 years has been the most successful in this area. 12 trips to the regional tourney in those 16 years, with 10 of those trips reaching regional final, 5 regional championships, 3 state finals, 2 state championships.

No team in area has come close to those kind of numbers in recent years. Same for WO-S in football.

But I digress. Let's not make this thread about Silsbee basketball. ;)

Not taking nothing from them these past few years they’ve been great , but I can hand pick like 8 guys and make it to regionals in that region too 😂

The next 3 games will answer a lot of questions for the Silsbee Tigers 2020 2021.  Barbers Hill in Barbers Hill is not an easy game.  BU, is one of the best teams in the state regardless of conference.  Woodville is ranked.  The tigers have a legit post in terms of size.  He's a D1 tight end prospect so he should be tough.  I don't know what basketball skills he has.  Nice to have him in the middle just the same.

You really can't tell about a team until you see them in person.  Each season the team is different from the season before. 

29 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

The next 3 games will answer a lot of questions for the Silsbee Tigers 2020 2021.  Barbers Hill in Barbers Hill is not an easy game.  BU, is one of the best teams in the state regardless of conference.  Woodville is ranked.  The tigers have a legit post in terms of size.  He's a D1 tight end prospect so he should be tough.  I don't know what basketball skills he has.  Nice to have him in the middle just the same.

You really can't tell about a team until you see them in person.  Each season the team is different from the season before. 

When is that freshman I’ve heard about they have that’s really good gonna play?

11 hours ago, TxHoops said:

True. Just a product of winning programs. Take Silsbee and HJ off the board and it would be very little to read for us junkies. 

Before this board there were basketball slabs, in parks.  Concrete slabs.  Thankful for them.  Before the parks and slabs there were dirt courts.  Somebodie's grass  worn down to dirt where the teens played basketball.  There was a dirt court in the Simmons brothers back yard.  The first basketball park I can remember was right around the corner from that back yard, that was the 9th street  park.  All this is in Silsbee.  I remember seeing Michael Dabney playing with the big boys at a dirt court across from Waldo Matthews.   They later put up a basketball court at WM.  They put up another one on 21st street off MLK.  

Now they playing hoops in gyms: the boys and girls club, the old jr hi school gym,  Running & shooting hoops on wood floor:  Sweet.  When I was a soph, or higher they would open the gymi in the summer over by the old football field.  That turned into little dribblers. They had similar facilities in Kountze.  Maybe they did in HJ, or Clear Creek.  I don't know.

15 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If you went to Ozen and joined this site in 2015, then why was your first username this: East Chambers Buc

I have a lot of family in Winnie and just recovered this page from when I first made it to talk about east chambers at the time I had family attending ! I came out of ozen once again lol what you want next for me to show you my diploma ? 😂

10 minutes ago, ThaGod409 said:

I have a lot of family in Winnie and just recovered this page from when I first made it to talk about east chambers at the time I had family attending ! I came out of ozen once again lol what you want next for me to show you my diploma ? 😂

Why not talk about Ozen back when you created this account? They were still very legit back then.

Again, sounds like jealousy.