*POST THUR, FRI, SAT. SCRIMMAGE SCORES AND COMMENTS HERE*

Kirbyville defeats Diboll...This report was from a person that was there!

They started out slow on offense. I dont believe they scored until the latter part of the 1st live quarter. Their qb may be small in size but he is quick and has quite the arm to get it to his recievers, which he did for the most part. Their TB is a stud, obviously. I believe one of their top players is out with an injury, I dont know his name.

They tried one XP but failed, they don't seem to have a reliable place kicker. They were successful on both of their 2 pt attempts.

They had 1 go to reciever.

The defense was really quick, Diboll struggled to score late in the 2nd. Kville ended it with an int., Diboll's offense is loaded at the skill positions, so it says alot about Kville's defense, Diboll made it to the semi's at 7 on 7 this summer.

Here are some stats from the game

Total offense

Diboll - 361

Kirbyville - 335

Diboll's QBs - Jacolby Spencer was 8 for 10 for 165 passing yards.  He fumbled twice.

Kyle Prescott was 6 of 14.  He threw 3 ints.  2 were tipped by Lumberjack recievers but Wildcat defenders made good plays on the ball to pick it off. 

Diboll led in first downs 16-14

The Jacks were able to convert 5 of 7 third down opporunities, while Kville were 4 of 11.  The Wildcats were also 1 for 1 on 4th down attempts and 2 for 2 in scoring from inside the red zone.

Diboll's top player RB Ketarus Stanton ran for 96 yards. He had both of Diboll's touchdowns with runs of 10 and 70 yards.

Diboll had 5 turnovers - 3 ints; 2 fumbles

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man come on, no disrespect to BH.  But that team is nowhere in the league as the 10-0 team.  They were little as heck on defense.  I know it was a scrimmage.   But Lumberton was bringing the hat and BH didnt'.  Just calling it like I saw it.  I had a Brook fan and a PN-G fan with me and they said the same thing.

Oh I agree! Dont get me wrong BH is down this year it just the chest thumping that goes on around this board when a scrimmage is won is comical ;D

People treat it as excusses ,but I'm telling you if you even get beat by a BH team in a scrimmage your team is Horrible! BH doesn't come to scrimmages to play ball, the coaches rotate tons of players in and out trying to figure what positions they will play. BH has hugh turnouts for football, so these are just practies. I look for next week to tell the tale about this years team, because at this point just like last year it is imposible to make a prediction.

Last year at this time not only was most of this board predicting a 3 win season by the Eagles, some of the Eagle fans were to. Watching the Eagles for the past 20 years makes me the wiser as I have watched this time and time again.

Time to tighten up next week is the real deal!!!

Heard the it's 14-6 memorial.  Don't know how true this is.

That's true but only after Central put 5-7 TD's on PAM in the controlled part of the scrimmage.  And for all in 22-4A:  Frog's little brother will be more that most teams can handle.  2 carries for 120 or so yards in the first part of the scrimmage against PAM......

SFA, Did you see an improvement in Memorial's defense?

As Central got tired, PAM made plays.  I don't like the so-called 3-3-5.  Looks like their running the 46 Bear defense to me.  Corner's play man and the safety is like 8 yards off the ball.  Like I said, during game situation, PAM got a safety and scored twice to Central's 1 TD but Central did all of it's damage in the controled portion of the scrimmage

PNG 1 Sterling 0 in the controlled scrimmage. Sterling 1 PN-G 0 Final in game scrimmage. Coach said a few mistakes here and there but overall PN-G looked good.

when i got impatient waiting for something i posted a thread kinda calling u out Coop lol..

then i come back here and u have something for me!

but  thanks for the update

PNG 1 Sterling 0 in the controlled scrimmage. Sterling 1 PN-G 0 Final in game scrimmage. Coach said a few mistakes here and there but overall PN-G looked good.

during the controlled scrimmage we competely dominated...we were getting about 7 or 8 yards a play  on average  sometimes busting for big and sometimes get stopped at the line on offense...the defense completely shut down sterlings offense also...they had a one play go for over 7 yards  and the rest they were stopped at the line or had negative...

during the game scrimmage  it was a defensive battle..we had like two or 3 missed communications and that is when sterling scored  but other than that  we look great

we were moving the ball good and every time we would get the momentum and get going we would have a flag and that stopped us  i think were gunna suprise many people this season

HJ lost to Livingston 7-0 in 2 quarters of play...i forgot what the controlled part was.

Controlled: But we came out early with a long touchdown run by Trey Burrell. Then they're first series with the ball they scored as well. Then Hj threw an interception with the second string quarterback, but threw a long touchdown pass as well to Martel from Garrison.

In the 2 quarters of play, Livingston scored off a deep i think it was. Afterwards HJ's defense did pretty well for the rest.

I think today though we improved on the passing game as for the run as well. Defense stood their ground for most of the game except for the fact that some hits were made in the backfield, but we couldnt wrap up and keep them there.

Lufkin looks like their usual selves.

West Brook and Lufkin played 3 12 min quarters in a game styled scrimmage.  West Brooks defense looked really good.  And before you run to the score, Lufkin score 2 TDs on one play bombs and another 2 TDs on fumble returns and 1 TD on a interception return.  West Brooks secondary is still a question mark.  The front 7 is fast.  They cause several Lufkin fumbles.  West Brook's coaching staff was obviously trying to figure out which QB they are going with cause they passed most of the scrimmage.  They didn't run the ball much at all.  Lufkin has a WR thats lighting fast, on the two scores he just blew by the WB defender like he was standing still.  On defense Lufkin has two hugh run stoppers in the middle of their D-line.  

during the controlled scrimmage we competely dominated...we were getting about 7 or 8 yards a play  on average  sometimes busting for big and sometimes get stopped at the line on offense...the defense completely shut down sterlings offense also...they had a one play go for over 7 yards  and the rest they were stopped at the line or had negative...

during the game scrimmage  it was a defensive battle..we had like two or 3 missed communications and that is when sterling scored  but other than that  we look great

we were moving the ball good and every time we would get the momentum and get going we would have a flag and that stopped us  i think were gunna suprise many people this season

Was the success of moving the ball from rushing, passing or both?  How did Tatum look?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder