*POST YOUR SCRIMMAGES SCORES AND COMMENTS HERE*

Hmmm... Which runningbacks from the past are you referring to? I guess that's my question. I figured you were referring to our backs since we dropped to 3A, which has been the same guy we have this year.

Good for your DB, though. He obviously didn't give up and made the play. That should help extend some of BH's opponents' drives to three and four plays instead of just one ;)

Hey I'll take 3 or 4 plays over 1 any day ;D

My reference was from seeing Beasly and the constant hype that WOS fans put out about all of the SPEED.

Goodluck to the Stangs. I could realy care less and was just giving my opinion of the scrimmage, but I should have known to give the Mustangs all good marks on everything they did at the scrimmage. MY BAD ;D

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your comments didn't bother me. I thought you assumed we had a new RB. Beasley was QB.

You're way too defensive. I'm not upset about what you said. You're right - Garrett is far from the fastest RB in the world - or even the district (probably even the team). We still have quite a bit of speed, but Garrett has always been more of a break-tackle/dodge-tackle back, though he'll break off a few 50-plus runs each year.

BH played their JV against WOS last night.  The varsity was out of town watching a movie (White Man Can't Jump).  Boy we need help in the secondary.  There were at least 5 or 6 balls that should be intercepted.  WOS had a couple really tall receivers who will do well.  WOS running back looked good.  BH QB looked good and the lines did well for BH.

I see the WOS coaching staff still can't keep their pie-hole shutt.  Man their mouthy.  Guess your staff can act a fool when you get a concrete stadium named after you.  Oh, what's with the WOS fans and coaches standing out on the field during the simulated game play.  Throw the flag ref, geez!  Hooks rymes with crooks....right?  ;D 

Your comments didn't bother me. I thought you assumed we had a new RB. Beasley was QB.

You're way too defensive. I'm not upset about what you said. You're right - Garrett is far from the fastest RB in the world - or even the district (probably even the team). We still have quite a bit of speed, but Garrett has always been more of a break-tackle/dodge-tackle back, though he'll break off a few 50-plus runs each year.

Cool, We have had so much smack going back and forth over the years that I can't tell which WOS poster is which. Thanks for the info. and I aplologize for the defensiveness 8)

BH89-2 was right about the coaches! Does anyone know why Hooks went off? All that I could hear was Hooks saying " Keep running your mouth you just wait" it was directed all the way accross the field towards some of the BH coaches. The BH coaches were laughing their heads off ;D Did anyone catch was the BH coaches did?

Guest Baller

The real cause of concern should be how bad that the Hill is this year, and on all 3 levels.  Price will or should be looking to get out while the getting is good!!! The reason Coach Hooks went off is because of your mouthy baseball coach yelling something after the two penalties by WOS.  Leave it up to a baseball coach to run his mouth somewhere he should be quiet.

THE TRUE SCORE WAS JASPER 2 NEDERLAND 1 WE COULD HAVE SCORED 3 MORE.. KEENEN BROOKS COULD HAVE TOOK ONE TO THE HOUSE OFF A FUMBLE, DIMITRIC BROWN, COULD HAVE TOOK ONE TO THE HOUSE, AND KIMPTON LEWIS COULD HAVE TOOK ONE TO THE HOUSE, BUT WE MADE A FUMBLE AND NED COULD HAVE TOOK ONE ON US TOO..AND IF YALL ARE TALKING ABOUT THAT LITTLE GUY MAKING 3 SACS IN A ROW.. I CAN EXPLAIN... IT WAS MY FAULT, HE IS A SPEEDY D TACKLE.. AND IT WAS A CUT CALL.... AND I MISSED 2 TIMES... AND THE 2ND STRING MISSED ONCE... HE WAS GOOD... AND IT WAS A GOOD GAME, THANK YOU PNG... GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SEASON, BUT MAN YALL ARE DIRTY!!!!!!

BH89-2 was right about the coaches! Does anyone know why Hooks went off? All that I could hear was Hooks saying " Keep running your mouth you just wait" it was directed all the way accross the field towards some of the BH coaches. The BH coaches were laughing their heads off  Did anyone catch was the BH coaches did?

I saw it: they got dominated. ;)

Yeah, he's still got a little of that Mont Belvieu in him.

THE TRUE SCORE WAS JASPER 2 NEDERLAND 1 WE COULD HAVE SCORED 3 MORE.. KEENEN BROOKS COULD HAVE TOOK ONE TO THE HOUSE OFF A FUMBLE, DIMITRIC BROWN, COULD HAVE TOOK ONE TO THE HOUSE, AND KIMPTON LEWIS COULD HAVE TOOK ONE TO THE HOUSE, BUT WE MADE A FUMBLE AND NED COULD HAVE TOOK ONE ON US TOO..AND IF YALL ARE TALKING ABOUT THAT LITTLE GUY MAKING 3 SACS IN A ROW.. I CAN EXPLAIN... IT WAS MY FAULT, HE IS A SPEEDY D TACKLE.. AND IT WAS A CUT CALL.... AND I MISSED 2 TIMES... AND THE 2ND STRING MISSED ONCE... HE WAS GOOD... AND IT WAS A GOOD GAME, THANK YOU PNG... GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SEASON, BUT MAN YALL ARE DIRTY!!!!!!

Sounds like some excuses I have heard from  Balla,,,

Balla is that you??  :-[

Their new offfense will go through some growing pains, but did show some bright spots.  No team is going to come out of the first scrimmage ready for the first district game.  Every team that played this weekend left their scrimmage needing to work on things.

PATITAN:  You have shown once again that you have no class.  I won't hold it against PAM that you are representing them on this board.  I can tell you one thing.  Coach Thompson has a tremendous amount of respect for Nederland and their football program.

http://baytownsun.com/story.lasso?ewcd=a85c212eded08ed7

Lee dominates scrimmage against New Caney

By Michael Pineda

Baytown Sun   

Published August 19, 2007

Saturday’s scrimmage between Lee and New Caney was a review of an age-old lesson where football is concerned — speed kills. In 11-on-11 workouts the Gander first team scored a couple of touchdowns offensively and held the Eagles at bay in the first preseason action for both teams.

“It was good work,†Lee head coach Dick Olin said. “This was basically a practice. We got to hit somebody else and work on our inside rushing and our passing skills. Next week we will get more of a game-type situation against Galveston Ball.â€

Strake Jesuit transfer Josh Jones shined in his first action as a Gander since his freshman year completing 10-17 for 197 yards and rushed for 70 yards. Jones used his feet to scramble out of the pocket and hit Jesse Luna for a 59-yard touchdown on the first team’s second offensive series of the scrimmage.

“Josh can run the football,†Olin said. “We feel real good about our quarterback situation right now.â€

Octavio Torres also shined in the scrimmage with several long pass completions while working with the first and second team in the scrimmage. The offensive line benefited from the work as offensive coordinator Clint Riley worked as many as 15 linemen into the scrimmage looking to develop depth. As many as 12 linemen got work with the first unit.

“Tim Smith made a lot of headway today at left tackle,†Riley said. “I thought Eddie Pasillas and Patrick Valdez also did well. The starters didn’t get as many reps as some of the other linemen but I thought Mike Garcia and the rest of the veterans played well.â€

Starting running back Jarvis Moore was scheduled to see limited time at running back and only suited up for the first play of the scrimmage, a screen pass for a 28-yard gain, before being pulled with a bruised shoulder.

On the series Jones hit Kevin Craft for a couple of passes sandwiching a 15-yard run in between to lead the offense to the five-yard line. Two plays later Paul Martinez ran it in from two-yards out for a score. The offense started again at the 30-yard line and took it inside New Caney territory before vacating the field after the allotted 12-plays. Jones was 5-7 on the series with two passes being dropped.

The defense also had a strong start opening the scrimmage giving up only one first down and 14 total yards on New Caney’s first drive. The big play of the series was a play by defensive lineman J.T. Cleveland. Cleveland stripped the ball from the quarterback and recovered the ball. As the whistle was blown, Cleveland took the time to run over a receiver on what would have been a touchdown.

The speed factor was most noticeable on the defensive end as time after time the defensive backs blew up slip screens attempted by New Caney. Once receivers caught the ball they found themselves staring into the face of at least two Gander defenders.

It was not until the third New Caney offensive series that the unit played up to coach Scott Joseph.

“At first I thought we were sloppy,†Joseph said. “The last series was out best in my opinion, we began to communicate as a team and play as a team.

“Overall we did a good job. We have a sign in the locker room that says ‘Success looks easy to those how weren’t there while it was being earned.’ We have to earn it. We have to have drastic improvement; we have to learn to play faster. The biggest jump is from week one to week two and we want to see that from scrimmage one to scrimmage two.â€

Rakhim Cleveland did not start with the first team due to disciplinary action. The defensive lineman worked with the twos before wrapping up the scrimmage with the first team.

The New Caney offense settled down on their second series and gained 43 yards gaining three first downs in the process. The Eagles got to the 43-yard line of Lee before being forced back on downs.

The Gander offense took the field and moved upfield on the first play as Jones gained 35-yard on a zone read. Jones was unable to move Lee any further after he missed on a couple of sideline routes and overthrew Craft on the third down play.

Starting back at the 30-yard line, Jones found his rhythm on an 11-yard completion. After an incompletion, Jones was flushed out of the pocket to his right where he found Luna near the sideline. The catch and run resulted in a 59-yard score. Jones completed his next three passes for 36-yards before the drive stalled out on total number of plays.

The second team scored a touchdown on their second series before giving way to the starters for their final 10 plays. The defense had their best series with three turnovers, one of which was defensive back Jarrett Havins second interception of the day. Offensively The Ganders got the ball beyond the 50-yard line where Desarian Cartwright fumbled the ball over, the Lee first string’s only turnover of the day.

This Baytown Sun article is  BS - Lee's 1st team O scored twice (once on a busted play that resulted in a long TD pass) against NC 1st team D.  Lee's defense did shut down NC's O.  Lee is a 5A team that is picked to win a very strong district - playing against a 4A team in a weak district.  Lee also lost a fumble that resulted in a 50 yard defensive TD for NC.  In a real game Lee would have won - but they did not dominte this game.  Hats off to New Caney for playing tuff!

I disagree completely Gringo.  Here's why:

Remember, each team started at it's own 30 yard line and got 12 plays period.

New Caney got the ball first and made next to nothing in it's 12 plays.  In a real game they would have only gotten 3 plays and then had to punt.

When Lee got the ball they made 25 yards on their first play to their all-district RB.  That was the last play he played in the scrimmage.  They continued on and scored on a 70 yard drive, turned around and were heading down the field again when their play allottment (12) ran out.  So they had about 120 yards in 12 plays on their first series.

The next set of series for New Caney was against Lee's 2nd team defense.  New caney, because they have less players, used 1st teamers most of the scrimmage.  New Caney faired somewhat better during this series but still probably only gained 30 yards in 12 plays.

Then Lee's 2nd team offense took the field and again moved the ball pretty well (against mostly NC 1st teamers).

The point of these scrimmages, especially when one team is superior, is to work on different plays, personnel, etc.  Remember, had this been a real game New Caney would had been 3 and out on offense almost the entire night and Lee may not have been so methodical on offense.  Plus, these teams had drills together and ate together afterward.  There was no point trying to score as many points as possible in your 12 plays.

Nothing against New Caney, they played hard and have a good team (13 starters returning), but using extrapolation and inference, I'd make Lee a 40 point favorite in a real game against New Caney.

Drake - I agree completely that Lee would have won this game - but with all the hype that I have heard about Lee and their speed - I would have expected them to break away on some big plays at least 10 times - they did not.

"New Caney, because they have less players, used 1st teamers most of the scrimmage."  -  I don't know where you got this info - but you are completely wrong about this -  NC had one safety that played a few downs with 2nd team - no DL's, no corners and no LB's.

"Then Lee's 2nd team offense took the field and again moved the ball pretty well (against mostly NC 1st teamers)."  What 1st teamers?

Lee's D is certainly very good and completely stopped New Caney's offense - but I was expecting much more from their O.

New Caney wasn't that weak.  13 returning starters from a team that went 4-3 in district last year.  They now have a 5A enrollment and I'm predicting they surprise some folks and make the playoffs this season.  That said, I have no doubt Lee would have handled them easily in a real game format.

And no one says Lee has a "great" team.  All I'm saying is that they're progressing and I personally saw some things to be encouraged about at their scrimmage.

Of course, Galveston Ball this Saturday will be quite a step up and Gringo is right, Lee is in a tough district so nothing is guaranteed. 

Gringo...  What team do you primarily support?   

are there any HF Horn's fans out there that went to the scrimmage @ Lumberton, if so how did we look and are we going to be able to compete in the always

tough 21-3A. Remember "IF YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YULL GET THE HORNS"

Or if you mess with the bull be careful where you step!!!!!!!!!!!

Well at least BH did NOT look as bad as last year! From the stands it looked like the BH coaches were yelling at the ref about clipping in the backfield, then Hooks got all fired up, apparently about the penalty (odd because is was blatent) but thats just what it appeared like from way up. Also, Dale said Joe's ankle dont look too bad, wont play this week for safety prolly, but should be back next Monday or so.

Well at least BH did NOT look as bad as last year! From the stands it looked like the BH coaches were yelling at the ref about clipping in the backfield, then Hooks got all fired up, apparently about the penalty (odd because is was blatent) but thats just what it appeared like from way up. Also, Dale said Joe's ankle dont look too bad, wont play this week for safety prolly, but should be back next Monday or so.

Good news! BH will need Sexton!!

I was at the png and jasper game.  The first series on offense for png looked terrible and the same for the defense.  (I would say that alot of what occurred for png was the jitters)  The second series for both offense and defense were total opposite of the first series.  (NOTE:  I'm sure that in the reality of everyones first scrimmage,  alot of mistakes were made.  Alot to learn still for alot of the local area teams)  I was impressed with png's offensive line.  Not very big but they looked very quick and blocked very well for both the run and the pass.  Their pass protection looked very good.  They picked up several multi player blitz's and kept the pocket for tatum to throw.  Cudo's on the O line !!!  I say alot of teams will improve dramitically over the next 2 weeks.  We have baytown sterling next saturday in baytown,  Im sure alot of the bugs will be worked out. 

I read alot about png and the concerns of the O line.  I think they have a good O line.  Next week will be a good test.  Tatum seems very calm in the pocket and behind the center.  Great passer !!!  I look forward to watching him more.  He reminds me of Dustin Long in his way of handling a situation on the field.

Good luck to all the area teams.  Lets go Southeast texas and make it home with some state titles !!!!!!

MAN YOU CUT ME REAL DEEP ON THAT ONE... IM NOT BALLA LOL IM FROM JASPER.. WE PLAY NEDERLAND NEXT WEEK... THATS WHY I SAID IT .. I WASSENT THINKING, AND I AM THE CENTER FOR THE BULLDOGS, NUMBER 74, AND I WASSENT MAKING UP "EXCUSSES" I WAS SAYING THAT IT WAS MY FAULT, I MISSED ACOULPLE OF CUT BLOCKS, BUT WE GOT IT FIXED.

MAN YOU CUT ME REAL DEEP ON THAT ONE... IM NOT BALLA LOL IM FROM JASPER.. WE PLAY NEDERLAND NEXT WEEK... THATS WHY I SAID IT .. I WASSENT THINKING, AND I AM THE CENTER FOR THE BULLDOGS, NUMBER 74, AND I WASSENT MAKING UP "EXCUSSES" I WAS SAYING THAT IT WAS MY FAULT, I MISSED ACOULPLE OF CUT BLOCKS, BUT WE GOT IT FIXED.

Can you do us a favor and find the "caps lock".  It's really hard to read in all caps.

Thanks.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder