Silsbee 81 Lumberton 74/FINAL

WOSgrad

Isn’t just the case that Lumberton played very well last night.  I read comments that the refs were bad, I’ve never watched a game where the refs are perfect.  Terrell Hines is one of the best referees in the area.  Didn’t see where the coaches did anything extraordinary nor did the coaches do anything wrong.  Both teams played hard, as predicted Silsbee won Lumberton gave them a better game than most people expected.  
I’ve watched a lot of Lumberton basketball, they haven’t been playing well as of late.  But last night they had one of if not the best game of their season, they looked like a different team than I’ve seen all year.  If anyone wants to point to the reason Lumberton played well, Brock McClure played one of his best games.  

Just one final thought from Friday nights game that tells me all I needed to know about what type of job Coach Mitchell is doing with the Lumberton program. I attend ALOT of high school basketball games and have over the past 50 years but I was struck by the number of people in the crowd that had no ties to Lumberton or Silsbee basketball. Folks that came because they were curious as to how far the Lumberton program has come. Sometimes relevance is the biggest compliment a Coach can receive and from the looks of the crowd Friday night it looks like Coach Mitchell has made the Raiders relevant again. I can’t wait to see what the second half of the district season holds for all the members of this district.