Beaumont Kelly Catholic at Vidor/Canceled

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Their exams are much harder 😉

Don't get me wrong, I applaud Kelly looking out for the academic well being of their athletes and have no problem with them deciding against participating in athletic contests during finals week. It might not be a bad idea for all schools in this area, regardless of the perceived difficulty of their finals, when feasible.

While I do understand that.  AggiesAreWe's question is still relevant.  Did Kelly know when finals were when they scheduled this game?  If they did knowing that they would opt out, I would have a problem with that if I were Coach Smith or Jeff Mathews.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Don't get me wrong, I applaud Kelly looking out for the academic well being of their athletes and have no problem with them deciding against participating in athletic contests during finals week. It might not be a bad idea for all schools in this area, regardless of the perceived difficulty of their finals, when feasible.

While I do understand that.  AggiesAreWe's question is still relevant.  Did Kelly know when finals were when they scheduled this game?  If they did knowing that they would opt out, I would have a problem with that if I were Coach Smith or Jeff Mathews.

That's my point. You are costing another team a game that they may need.

Why schedule these games if this week is finals week?