True sad day on SETXSports/Prayers In Silsbee

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he have been moved from the icu to childrens hospital. he is eating and awake.looks like he's going to make a full recovery.football is probably the last thing doctors are worried about,but i would say no football this year as a precaution.

This is what I was able to get. Hard for me to get news of a Silsbee happening way out in Orange but just wanted our readers to know of this sad event.

Orange Leader Sports

Silsbee’s Donovan Harris, a state champion in the 110-meter hurdles, was listed in critical condition Thursday after a fatal car accident Wednesday on Business 96 near Silsbee.

Harris’ Toyota Camry was traveling south on 96 when a Ford Expedition traveling north jumped lanes and struck Harris’ vehicle head-on at about 4:40 p.m. Wednesday.

Harris, a receiver for the Tigers, was taken to Christus St. Elizabeth before being moved to Galveston for head trauma a spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety said Thursday.

After striking Harris’ Camry, the Expedition then rolled on its right side and was struck on the roof by a Chevy Silverado.

A 1-year-old child in the Expedition was pronounced dead at the hospital following the accident.

Reports came in late Thursday evening Harris was moved from ICU to the children’s hospital and was alert and eating.

when i spoke with the nurse,she said the phone had being ringing off the hook from concerned friends,fans,community, and such. can you say standing ovation when he catches a ball???

Consider it done patitan. I say even if he is only to stand along the sidelines this year, standing O is warrented. Making that first catch would just be icing on the cake.

It would be great if he played in the scrimmage against us truly a great athlete.. In 7 on 7 he was a great player.. The tigers will surely make a run in the playoffs with him at WR but let time take its course and the injurys heal.. I dont like to see anyone go out in their senior year so some of the team in Lumberton is praying for him..

Donovan is improving in Galveston.  Xavier had successful surgery last night and was intially scheduled for release Saturday.  That has yet to be determined.  Their grandmother is improving as well.  I am most concerned now with the other student who was a passenger in the Expedition.

Donovan is improving in Galveston.  Xavier had successful surgery last night and was intially scheduled for release Saturday.  That has yet to be determined.  Their grandmother is improving as well.  I am most concerned now with the other student who was a passenger in the Expedition.

Great news on Donovan.

Unfortunately, the other Silsbee student, Miguel Anaya, did not make it.  He would have been a freshmen at Silsbee High School.  Please keep the Harris and Anaya families in your prayers.

update: This information is not accurate.

Channel 4 had reported that he had passed away but Miguel is still in the hospital and is very serious.

Unfortunately, the other Silsbee student, Miguel Anaya, did not make it.  He would have been a freshmen at Silsbee High School.  Please keep the Harris and Anaya families in your prayers.

Kelly when did you get confirmation of this?  I have been getting multiple calls since yesterday stating yes and no from officers to people involved.  I hope this is not the case.  He's a great kid.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline