Everyone is happy about PNG how about Nederland?

That scoreboad may not cost a dime but better be ready for a LOT of ads.  There is no such thing as a free lunch!  Better to have a paid for and owned scoreboard without all the ads.

I agree. Next time someone finds a million dollars or so laying around, just donate it to the scoreboard fund and lets get rid of those pesky ads.  ;D

Who cares if it has ads or not.  Everyone knows that football is big business.  You are going to get a state-of-the-art scoreboard with high quality sound, 3 cameras, and a control booth with instant replay.  What's not to love about that?  Oh yeah, and that little thing about not having to pay a dime out of the districts or taxpayers pockets.

Guest pngpurplenwhite

They have to raise taxes to get a new field and etc.  But the Dogs are getting a big time score board that does not cost the tax payers a dime.

New scoreboard and a run down stadium. Almost like living in a shack and driving a mercedes.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Run down?  Compared to whom? PN-G?  I think we can all laugh at that.  That's kind of like PN-G's nice field house and rundown stadium.

In all seriousness though, I think it's great that these teams are fixing up their facilities, PN-G and Nederland alike.  It can only add to an already awesome atmosphere.  It also seems like multiple sports will benefit from the improvements.  Now lets see if Nederland and PN-G can push for soccer stadiums.

Nederlands stadium is run down?? What stadium are you looking at? have you looked at the reservation lately...

As far as soccer stadiums go... Let me set you back into reality.. Take your address and put it in Mapquest and youll realize that you live in Texas... I am all for supporting all sports.. but having a stadium built for a sport that doesnt draw as many fans in a whole season that football draws in a single game...Seems like a waste of money to me that wont pay for itself in a million years...

Nederlands stadium is run down?? What stadium are you looking at? have you looked at the reservation lately...

As far as soccer stadiums go... Let me set you back into reality.. Take your address and put it in Mapquest and youll realize that you live in Texas... I am all for supporting all sports.. but having a stadium built for a sport that doesnt draw as many fans in a whole season that football draws in a single game...Seems like a waste of money to me that wont pay for itself in a million years...

You're right GoDogs.  And come to think of it, basketball doesn't draw as many fans in a season as football does in a game, either.  So we shouldn't be spending any money there.  We should make them play at the Rec.  ;)  Baseball...  Softball... 

Your rationale is a little flawed.  High school athletics (other than football) isn't about making money.  It's about providing an oportunity for kids to be a part of a positive experience.

And I think the previous poster was talking about possible plans to rejuvenate Prather Field, not build an entirely new stadium.  Most football stadiums aren't wide enough for a proper soccer field, but now that new light poles have been set much wider at Prather, there is plenty of room to put soccer field there.  Now all they need are nets to keep the soccer balls out of right field and off Spurlock Rd, reset the crown of the field, put in some drainage, build a locker room, pour concrete for a walk-way to the stands...

Run down?  Compared to whom? PN-G?  I think we can all laugh at that.  That's kind of like PN-G's nice field house and rundown stadium.

In all seriousness though, I think it's great that these teams are fixing up their facilities, PN-G and Nederland alike.  It can only add to an already awesome atmosphere.  It also seems like multiple sports will benefit from the improvements.  Now lets see if Nederland and PN-G can push for soccer stadiums.

Are you smoking? Soccer stadium..........must be

Now don't get me wrong i'm a football fan all the way. But I do think Nederland's soccer team deserves something like Prather Field being fixed up real nice so they can play there like Bon_Mot said. They have lots of tallent and usually make the play-offs every year. I know they missed them last year but still had a good team. 

Bon_Mot and I are on the same page.  I never said build a 12,000 seat stadium, nor did I say they would bring in a ton of fans.  It would just be nice for the kids to play on a true soccer field like a lot of Houston schools or Brenham.  Soccer on football fields can seem like high school baseball on a little league field at times.

People here are talking about how run down PNG and Nederland's stadium are...

These young people have NO IDEA of the history that has taken place in those two fields, of the classic games from the 60's and 70's.  You don't build tradition by a shiny new stadium that seats less than 5,000.  Although there may be better looking stadiums than the Reservation or Bulldog Stadium, few seat more, and none have the history or tradition that is found in those stadiums.  We can talk all day about whose stadiums look nicer, but in the end...

No game in this part of the state (east of the Brazos) can even come close to matching a PNG vs Nederland game played at either the Reservation or Bulldog stadium.  Granted, Silsbee's stadium is top notch, Galena Park and Stallworth stadium's have the jumbotron, but it just can't match the "atmosphere" found in the midcounty stadiums.  I would much rather go see a football game at a packed out Reservation or Bulldog stadium rather than a game in a less than half filled stadium at the nicer fields.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder