DW

Well, he is pretty intense on the football field and he broke his wrist one day at a jr. high practice. He was mad at this kid named Greg Mullins and he smacked him on top of the helmet pretty hard and the next day he came to school with a wrist cast. DW repeated the same feat a few years later on another kid breaking his wrist again.

I was not there, but my cousin was on the 1994 LCM team and he told me at halftime of the WO-S game, DW didn't say a word, he just went to the chalk board and drew an elaborate drawing of a castle.  He then drew a crude looking outhouse next to it, turned to the kids and said, "Where do you want to be when this is over? The Penthouse or the Outhouse?". It really fired them up!

I was not there, but my cousin was on the 1994 LCM team and he told me at halftime of the WO-S game, DW didn't say a word, he just went to the chalk board and drew an elaborate drawing of a castle.  He then drew a crude looking outhouse next to it, turned to the kids and said, "Where do you want to be when this is over? The Penthouse or the Outhouse?". It really fired them up!

As a transfer student I didn't know DW very well when football practice began my senior year but I still remember him turning around a baseball cap and while doing tackling drills he form tackled a kid who was in full pads and Coach Williams was in a T-shirt and short. I thought, man this guy is crazy.

I have a few myself......my favorite was when LC-M used to run a summer program for all students grade 3-9 I believe......You would go up to the gym and take different classes.....I can remember him teaching tumbling....that sucker demonstrated every move almost perfectly.....

Later that same summer, he tried to talk a friend of mine and me into boxing.....he told me with the right training, I could stand a punch to the jaw.....he told me and my friend to punch him in the jaw as hard as we could.....when we said no, he kept saying come on, come on, come on......he would tense up and say right here man.....we were scared to death......I really laugh about it now

One time when I worked for DW, we weren't playing well against a BC team that was 0-10 that year (Conway's first year), and he took our players to the practice field at halftime and did form tackling drills the entire time.  Classic!  Also, remember how he used to bite his tongue when he was really pissed?  I also remember "You are a MORON!" "You justr SORRY" and "God Dang IDIOT" coming from him a few times.  One of these days his old players and coaches should have a "Roast" like they used to do in the old days.  Have a nice dinner and tell DW stories.  It would be fun.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin