Griff & Stevenson miracle Workers ???

I know I am not alone in saying that I gave LCM little to no chance of being one of the top teams in this district. I believe that Griff and Stevenson have to be the best duo since Batman and Robin ;D

They have climbed to the top of one of the toughest Baseball districts in the State, and have done so without any experienced varsity pitching and just a couple of returning varsity starters.. Given that the Sophmore class at LCM are some kind of genetic freaks blessed with unbelievable talent and strength :o. I just cant say enough about the job Griff and co have done putting these guys in a position to win game after game... My Lord how good are these guys going to be the next couple of years ? If you hear a loud crunching sound that is me eating my words !!! Hats off too the dynamic duo :P

If I'm not mistaken, Griff has been at LCM approx. 15 years.  Out of those 15 years, he has gone to the playoffs 14 times.  In the entire history of the school, the Bears, under previous coaches, have been to the playoffs in baseball only a handful of times.  Clearly he has had some talent, indeed, some phenomenal talent; but there's no way you could have that deep of a well...to go 14 years out of 15? 

Stevenson is going to be a head coach somewhere and a successful one.  I believe he has called every pitch for the past 5 years.  I bet Griff hopes he can hold onto Stevenson as long as he can.

I believe Griff and Stevenson he had to coach tennis a couple of years ago for the first time.  The program had fallen on hard times.  They won tourney after tourney and almost won the district title...turned the program around in 1 year.

I'm giving 14-15 odds that their success will continue.

where is mustangblue when you need him on this topic? 

Yea, I am really starting to miss arguing with that guy.  Considering he was basically "banished" from posting, I guess we won't hear from him on this subject, but unlike Monty Miller, I doubt he would have been man enough to admit he grossly misjudged the abilities of the "dynamic duo" and their team.  Way to go Bears on a season to be proud of.  I don't think even Mustang Blue could argue that a team with a 21-4 record is far from being "over-rated".

Lots more baseball to play.  It will be fun to see who makes the play-offs, still too close to call and probably will remain that way until the final game is played in this district.  Best of luck to all teams.

I believe you are very wrong Cats.  Sam Moore has really not had a hand in the success the Bears are having this year.  Is Sam on the sideline coaching? No, I don't believe he is.  Did Sam have a hand in the success the Bears had last year or the year before that? No again.  Griff and Stephenson put on a show year in and year out with whatever team they have.  You can't take any of the accolades away from these 2 fine coaches by saying that someone else prepared their team better than they did.  Again, 2 of the premier coaches in the state and I personally wish them continued success.

The job these guys have done at LCM is astounding.  1 starter returning.  No experienced varsity pitching.  A tough district.  LCM just knows how to be competitive.  Personally, I don't understand why the powers that be over there don't make him the head football coach.  LOL.  I also think we need to keep in mind, tho, that the district race is not over.  No one has a spot clinched with a lot of big games left.  THese guys have got their work cut out for 'em.

This is Sam Moore, and I would like to make it PERFECTLY CLEAR that I have never taken credit for anyone's program success.  That is not fair to the coaches that put countless hours in preparing their kids to be better ball players and to become a better team.  All I do is provide a service for kids wanting to go that extra mile to become a better player.  So be fair and give the credit where it belongs with the Coaches of these great programs (LCM, PNG, Nederland, BC, Silsbee, WB, etc). 

In closing, I would like to say that for the posters PLEASE keep my name out of the forums, and give credit to the coaches that continue to win year in and year out.

Sam Moore

Zone Baseball Academy

Guest K-911

I bet they are also very thankful that they coach at a school where they have talented kids that work on baseball year round. The same goes for PNG and Nederland. They are good coaches no doubt. But they are also blessed with good talent to work with every year. They don't have to start from scratch every year like some programs. They just have to tweak it a little bit.

I bet they are also very thankful that they coach at a school where they have talented kids that work on baseball year round. The same goes for PNG and Nederland. They are good coaches no doubt. But they are also blessed with good talent to work with every year. They don't have to start from scratch every year like some programs. They just have to tweak it a little bit.

If one returning starter doesn't qualify as "starting from scratch", I don't know what does.  ???

One returning Bear starter...two starters if you include Hearn moving from PN-G right??

You got me on a technicality there.  Hearn was a starter at PNG before moving to LC-M.  Should have worded it, "One returning Bear starter".  What a great addition he has been!  Fun to watch.  He and Jon Gunn work well together in the middle infield.

Guest K-911

What I meant about not starting from scratch is that they get a lot of players that already understand how to play the game. It is easier to work with those players then what some coaches get every year.

That is true but those coaches in those situations need to look out at the community and get the younger kids (and parents) involved in baseball and work with them to get it started and maintained........were talking long term commitment............. The teams your mentioning have had kids playing almost since the womb and those summer leagues have been maintained for many many years now!!!   Hard work but could be done.......just dont expect overnight success

I guess tweaking does not regester as coaching??  lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder