Silsbee vs Liberty

BADSANTA

6 minutes ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

Ok, Maybe not easy, but yes a Dub for Liberty will be the end result.  I'm amazed so many think Liberty is a pushover for Silsbee.  It is a Bad match up.    

I know Liberty is good, I'm just trippin on the EASY part.  They're good, but Liberty is still the huge underdogs here.

Yes, Liberty presents a problem for Silsbee. Liberty runs an unorthodox offense. Two TE, two slots on outside of TE, the RB up close to the QB kinda like a sniffer and they LOVE to run between the guards. They will line up in a slot-T every now and then and line up with a WR out wide even less. Silsbee will have to play disciplined gap assignments on defense to slow that offense down. Silsbee offensive will score points on their defense. Big game for both teams!!!

3 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Yes, Liberty presents a problem for Silsbee. Liberty runs an unorthodox offense. Two TE, two slots on outside of TE, the RB up close to the QB kinda like a sniffer and they LOVE to run between the guards. They will line up in a slot-T every now and then and line up with a WR out wide even less. Silsbee will have to play disciplined gap assignments on defense to slow that offense down. Silsbee offensive will score points on their defense. Big game for both teams!!!

Silsbee's defense showed up well to stop that Lind of offense.  They shut Vidor down and stuffed Bridge City.  I think for the most part, besides garbage time, shut H-J down.  Now Liberty do have better athletes running our of their formations, but it a not anything Silsbee haven't seen.  It'll just be a tougher game than expected, ....we still wins by a couple of scores...

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Silsbee's defense showed up well to stop that Lind of offense.  They shut Vidor down and stuffed Bridge City.  I think for the most part, besides garbage time, shut H-J down.  Now Liberty do have better athletes running our of their formations, but it a not anything Silsbee haven't seen.  It'll just be a tougher game than expected, Ails we still wins by a couple of scores...

Silsbee has too many athletes and liberty has to try to stop to many backs that can take it to the house.ive watched everyone in the district play.silsbee by at least 3 scores. I've stated this once before.that I think Barlow from newton is the best back in 3a or 4a.in setx.but then its kid from jasper,3 from silsbee,cooper at w.o if health.are all abt the same.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

How many times a have do Liberty usually chunk the rock?

From the game, well little over half a game i saw,  if they split the receiver out, they are throwing it to him.  I have a hard time seeing Liberty really giving us much trouble without widening the field.  Throwin* or getting outside,  and much like we couldnt get outside on wos with much success,  i dont think they have  the speed to do it tous.

10 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee hs more speed than Liberty has seen all year 

If Silsbee does not have the ball much, then the speed will not matter.  This is the toughest and best clock control team Silsbee will face all year.  They will have to create turnovers to win this game.  I think It will be a much closer game than you guys want.    

20 minutes ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

If Silsbee does not have the ball much, then the speed will not matter.  This is the toughest and best clock control team Silsbee will face all year.  They will have to create turnovers to win this game.  I think It will be a much closer game than you guys want.    

You said Liberty would win with ease.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You said Liberty would win with ease.

Yea, then I recanted the with ease part.  No doubt Silsbee is a front runner and a favorite in the district.  They have play makers.  I also know what a mistake it will be for them to overlook Liberty.  Liberty is also a front runner and again, they are a bad match up for Silsbee.  I definitely do not mean to imply Silsbee is a pushover. However, I am the only one on this thread who says Silsbee will not blow them away buy 3 TD s.    

8 minutes ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

Yea, then I recanted the with ease part.  No doubt Silsbee is a front runner and a favorite in the district.  They have play makers.  I also know what a mistake it will be for them to overlook Liberty.  Liberty is also a front runner and again, they are a bad match up for Silsbee.  I definitely do not mean to imply Silsbee is a pushover. However, I am the only one on this thread who says Silsbee will not blow them away buy 3 TD s.    

Not so fast.

Silsbee wins 28-21

2 hours ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

I think your putting the focus on the wrong side of the ball for Liberty in this game. Silsbee can score on ether on a five minute drive or a ten second drive, clock management is something Silsbee wants to do in a game not necessarily have to have. As long as Silsbee has one more point than the other team at the end of the game, that's what we want. TigerNation!!!

2 hours ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

I dont know that our offense is consistent enough to win by 21.  Still pretty one sided.  But it is explosive and i am not sure Liberty can match the atleticism of the recievers when we do throw.  I think this one may be around that 2 td difference but wont be surprised if my Tigers show out.  

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

Silsbee has played Newton, WOS, PNG, and Nederland

To say Liberty is the toughest team they have faced, may be the dumbest thing I have ever read on this site.

Re read it smarty pants.  Never said the toughest TEAM they have faced. 

This is the toughest and best clock control team Silsbee will face

If you do not understand the difference between a PNG and Liberty offense then I can understand why your incompetence makes my statement seem dumb.  (Clock and ball contol vs spread and scoring contest).  Come on man I'm sure you get the point.  Match up Problem.  BTW I'm Sure Liberty would play a 48-14 game against PNG just as Silsbee did.  Actually 14 points against PNG, arguably the worst 5A defense in town is rough for such a high powered Offense as Sisbees.    

43 minutes ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

Re read it smarty pants.  Never said the toughest TEAM they have faced. 

If you do not understand the difference between a PNG and Liberty offense then I can understand why your incompetence makes my statement seem dumb.  (Clock and ball contol vs spread and scoring contest).  Come on man I'm sure you get the point.  Match up Problem.  BTW I'm Sure Liberty would play a 48-14 game against PNG just as Silsbee did.  Actually 14 points against PNG, arguably the worst 5A defense in town is rough for such a high powered Offense as Sisbees.    

Yes you did. Not only did you say Liberty was the toughest Team Silsbee will face this year you said Liberty is the best clock control team Silsbee will face this year. If you don't understand basic writing skills it makes you look dumb. I would hope you can get the point. If you want to put past games out there, Liberty only beat Cleveland by seven points by a score of 7-0 and Cleveland is arguably the worst 5A team in town. I would not consider Silsbee offense as high powered, but thanks for the vote of confidence.