#23 Texas at Maryland

PhatMack19

CBs can’t get off WRs to make a tackle, jet sweeps and outside runs killed us all game. The defense looked so slow. 3rd and long downs you blitz and get beat deep several times. I personally think Buechele should start, I don’t think Tom gives him a fair chance because he’s not his guy he recruit. I believe he could have won us the game, especially after the rain delay send him out but to many dropped passes by the WRs. 0-2 against Maryland is pathetic. Better turn it around quick or the first month could be to rough to bounce back from. 

Despite what many Longhorns continue to believe, winning football games is not their birthright. They need to realize all of this is far more complicated than it looks.

And they need to admit that when it comes to believing their own eyes or the guy who knows better, well, the choice is obvious.

If there is a statement out there that encapsulates everything wrong with UT (the whole university, not just the football program), this is it.

What needs to happen is They need to rethink what they want at the QB position. If there going to pass Sam is not the guy but if you wanna run kinda and sprinkle a few throws in the Sam could poss be that guy (i like Rising myself) . They need to Feature Ingram more, WRs need to play more physical and Duvernay needs more touches. 

On Defense they need to Rotate more, Hager was not good in space (itll be better when Roach goes back to DL from LB) Locke needs to maybe move inside cus hes not athletic enough for NB. Foster or Brown should be the NB and PJ can go to MLB, now you have more athleticism on the field and PJ isnt scared to hit, just isnt a good enough athlete in space 

Our defense is fine. Roach will rotate back down we're in a bind at lb right now so he had to help out. 

The problem is that our cocky offensive coaches saw our guys run it down their throats for 1 1/2 quarters and then thought it was wise to go back to throwing interceptions. That's why we lost the game.

2 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Ok... That is an odd response to include the University as a whole then. It's still one of the best public institutions in the world for the majority of their academic programs. 

It's just a weird place, moreso now than ever before.

When you’ve had the up close and personal dealings with UT’s administration that I’ve had, and you get the firsthand sense of how they really operate, let’s just say that statement takes on new meaning.

And it’s why A&M’s catching up to UT so quickly, and will surpass UT if John Sharp has his way.

27 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

When you’ve had the up close and personal dealings with UT’s administration that I’ve had, and you get the firsthand sense of how they really operate, let’s just say that statement takes on new meaning.

And it’s why A&M’s catching up to UT so quickly, and will surpass UT if John Sharp has his way.

Chris Plonsky is that you?

3 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Our defense is fine. Roach will rotate back down we're in a bind at lb right now so he had to help out. 

The problem is that our cocky offensive coaches saw our guys run it down their throats for 1 1/2 quarters and then thought it was wise to go back to throwing interceptions. That's why we lost the game.

I hear what you saying but you have to be a lil discouraged we couldnt stop a WR reverse..

I know defense is young and theyll get better tho..

On 9/1/2018 at 1:22 PM, bullets13 said:

To be fair, Maryland has a pretty decent team.  They started last season 3-1, with that loss to “national champion” Central Florida, but played the rest of the season with a 3rd string QB.  I think they’re a bowl team this year.  They have some playmakers on offense.

Idk.   I mean just because Wannstedt, Leinert, and Robert Smith agrees with you, I might have to go with the message board “genius” dissent.   I mean clearly they probably have a better understanding of the game, routine idiotic posts aside...

3 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Yeah, opening up admissions to make it about the 21st hardest school to into, in the state mind you, is an excellent move.  Maybe it’s the sec culture, but more likely to become the biggest school in the state, and therefore the best, right?   I mean, it certainly worked wonders for Arizona State and it’s academic reputation....

17 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Be thankful your second degree is worth a hell of a lot more than your first ;) ....

I hate to break this to you, but if all goes well (knock on wood), the job I’m going to take after November is one I’ll be taking in spite of my second degree, not because of it. And believe me, saying that hurts me a helluva lot more than it does Texas fans.