Beaumont United Timberwolves @ Nederland Bulldogs

Alpha Wolf

15 minutes ago, PABorn said:

I think Nederland wins in this one. I hope they get the passing game going with whichever QB is in there. Ozen and Central were always undisciplined football teams, I say it's a close game but United isn't going to have the discipline or leadership to go back to BMT with a W. 

Here's that 'discipline' word...

7 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I agree, if The U loses this one, it will be a long season.  Central coaches and players beat Nederland last year by themselves and had many close games prior to that.  So with the combining of the two schools, athletes and coaches, anything less than a victory Friday will be real disappointing...

Well Central beat Ned once in the last seven years with 2010 being the previous win.   Ozen hadn’t beat Ned since 2009...

13 hours ago, PABorn said:

I think Nederland wins in this one. I hope they get the passing game going with whichever QB is in there. Ozen and Central were always undisciplined football teams, I say it's a close game but United isn't going to have the discipline or leadership to go back to BMT with a W. 

1.  Discipline

2.  Academics

3.  Athletics

Go by the field house and you will see those 3 words on the wall in that order.  In whatever manner you are using the D word, I will say Louis isn't putting up with a D problem from his players, in the classroom, on the field or off the field.  Too many kids for that.  Also, no Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties this past week...

41 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

1.  Discipline

2.  Academics

3.  Athletics

Go by the field house and you will see those 3 words on the wall in that order.  In whatever manner you are using the D word, I will say Louis isn't putting up with a D problem from his players, in the classroom, on the field or off the field.  Too many kids for that.  Also, no Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties this past week...

Love this!

38 minutes ago, grayhair777 said:

I say Nederland wins this one 21-13 ...but both team are going to jacked up for this one , and nederland fan will be there for sure ..will United bring the fans? always seems weak.

From the pictures that I seen of our side, we looked to be between 80% or 90% full this past Friday night.  I think we will have a decent amount to make the 12 mile trip, especially if the weather cooperates. 

Nederland's defense will not hold the Wolves to 13 points and you all will need to score more that 21 to get this W...

13 minutes ago, grayhair777 said:

OK Alpha Wolf...I hope y'all bring 90% , and I'll stay with ned. wins 21-13 our defense will hold!!

Oh, I'm not saying 90% of the bleachers on our side will be full, probably like 70% by the 2nd quarter.  Boy I have a bunch of people I will have to come back and visit Saturday morning on this thread...:)

59 minutes ago, grayhair777 said:

OK Alpha Wolf...I hope y'all bring 90% , and I'll stay with ned. wins 21-13 our defense will hold!!

It all depends on how the players rebound after last week. If they are hanging their heads or pointing fingers then it could get ugly. If they come out United with one another then it can be a good game.

5 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

It all depends on how the players rebound after last week. If they are hanging their heads or pointing fingers then it could get ugly. If they come out United with one another then it can be a good game.

There ain't no pointing fingers at 3443 Fannett Rd.  Nobody can point a finger at nobody because they all have film that they would like to throw away from this last game, including my son.  Focused on Nederland clearly. 

I'm just praying to the weather gods because the field will still be wet regardless but NO rain falling during the game will favor the Wolves offense and what they want to do and rain falling will favor the Dogs and what they want to do.  Nederland played in a wet game on grass this past week against WO-S where as we didn't get any rain during our game on turf. 

56 minutes ago, grayhair777 said:

yes it will be muddy...but the field will hold up well, maybe we will pass the ball for more then 22 yards, United loss to  Houston St. Pius ...i think Kelly has beat them several times lol!!

Just make sure I can find you "newbie" on Saturday morning...