Shepherd 68 Livingston 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

They were't that much bigger than Livingston at the time. College Station was only in their 4th year of playing varsity football and it was only their 2nd season in 5A. Still have no idea why he scheduled Magnolia West, but that is a question for the man.

I was referring to them being bigger than Shepherd, He keeps saying they are a little better than Shepherd. I was just pointing out that those schools are bigger than Shepherd and so is Livingston. I was just giving him a hard time.

I may get slammed for this but that's ok. Livingston football is really in bad shape. Just look at their stadium. They say the voters will not fund a new one, but they had no problem purchasing Texas Slams facilities for a million, now they are building a soccer and track facility, I am not saying they don't need it, but hey. Those powers to be in Livingston don't care about football at all. They want to and think they are going to win a baseball championship. Problem is, their little circles and in-fighting will keep them from it. Over there it is not about how good you are, it is about who you are. Football is a second thought to most, It will take a ton of work to get them respectable. For the kids sake and some of the parents that really want the to be good, I hope it happens. OH and before someone says it, No I do not have a kid in Livingston or playing for Livingston.

The last three years it looked like the offense was making it up as it went along and the defense was struggling to just stay up-right and limit the damage. I’m not claiming Broussard had all the answers to fix Livingston, my assertion is that when a coach is fighting the town, the facilities, an engrained lack of work ethic and as I watched from the stands it appeared his own staff I’d like to know how anyone is supposed to win games?.

6 minutes ago, Squigleman said:

Play action just out of curiosity how many of Rowe’s guys came back with vanover coming in, if that staff is the answer to all things Livingston where are they at now that Broussard is gone? I guess the whoever hires the ADs in Livingston just doesn’t understand the greatness of Arledge 

None that I am aware of.