Houston St. Pius Panthers @ Beaumont United Timberwolves

Alpha Wolf

6 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Now that the scrimmages are just about done for all schools, it's time to get this week 1 thread started.  This game is scheduled for a 7pm kickoff, Friday at the Thomas Center.  Predictions?  I'll give mine Friday morning.

I like United in this game. St. Plus does not play  defense. 

Lol ive been really thinking about this game, ppl will automatically give Pius the game because of its players who are committed to these big schools , But if you really think about United has some players offered/committed to D1 schools also . I belive as far as athletes ill give the edge to United cus at the end of the day some of thoes kids are still private school kids for Pius. Ill also say this ,Pius will have the best two players on the field (Gunnell,  Curry) 

Ill give Pius an edge tho due to QB/WR play and there scheme.  I just wanna see United be competitive an turn doubters into believers, 

United has to play discipline football or this game can get ugly tho 

56 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Lol ive been really thinking about this game, ppl will automatically give Pius the game because of its players who are committed to these big schools , But if you really think about United has some players offered/committed to D1 schools also . I belive as far as athletes ill give the edge to United cus at the end of the day some of thoes kids are still private school kids for Pius. Ill also say this ,Pius will have the best two players on the field (Gunnell,  Curry) 

Ill give Pius an edge tho due to QB/WR play and there scheme.  I just wanna see United be competitive an turn doubters into believers, 

United has to play discipline football or this game can get ugly tho 

Man, I couldn't agree more about your entire statement.

Yep, we have some kids with some offers as well and by the end of the season, I think we will have double of what we have now.  Athletes have never been a problem in Beaumont and like you said, our boys are not pampered private school kids.  These kids have read the headlines about how they are supposed to get blown out.  St. Pius will score but the defense won't make it easy.  I feel like our starting 11 on defense is one of the best, led by coordinators Jones and Frank.  Like Soulja said, if the offense can sustain drives and score points, we will be right where we need to be come the start of the 4th quarter where I'm hoping our depth can take over. 

28 minutes ago, One4All said:

I am rooting for United, but St. Puis will definitely score.

They score in bunches. They lost thier HC  I don’t know who took the job over. I think United will give them problems. If I was united Id blitz gunnell he’s not mobile at all as long you have enough speed to play man coverage. 

23 minutes ago, LC-M said:

They score in bunches. They lost thier HC  I don’t know who took the job over. I think United will give them problems. If I was united Id blitz gunnell he’s not mobile at all as long you have enough speed to play man coverage. 

The DC got the head job but #7 will pretty much call his own plays.

48 minutes ago, One4All said:

The DC got the head job but #7 will pretty much call his own plays.

He's heck of a QB, and they beat College Station last year and that was impressive. I thought Aledo would have beat College Station but I was wrong there. But they lost to a team in the state championship last year that had to be pretty good. I seen #7 when he was a 10th grader and he could flat out throw the ball. Is there any two way starters on United Team? how many are on varsity? I always like when Katy runs with a 100 lol

3 hours ago, LC-M said:

He's heck of a QB, and they beat College Station last year and that was impressive. I thought Aledo would have beat College Station but I was wrong there. But they lost to a team in the state championship last year that had to be pretty good. I seen #7 when he was a 10th grader and he could flat out throw the ball. Is there any two way starters on United Team? how many are on varsity? I always like when Katy runs with a 100 lol

Nope, deep enough to not have to do that.

1 hour ago, LC-M said:

That’s good. I think that will make a difference. When we played them s few years ago I think they had a few players going both ways and they might have 40 players on the side line. 

I've been at probably 50% of the practices and both scrimmages, hadn't seen any kids going both ways.  The talent and depth is there to have a good season...

3 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

I’m rooting for BUT, but geez this is a tough first game for the new program. 

Hey, I just look at it as a way to earn some respect early and make people take notice with a win or find out that we need to go back to the drawing board with this thing and reevaluate if it's a blowout loss...

I would like BUT to win lol but I just dont see this one being close at all. Gunnel just gonna sit back and throw rainbows. 

I will say this though. The kid, Gunnel, isnt the toughest kid out there.  I know about that through these competitions and elite 11. Maybe if you can bust him up for some sacks, you might slow him down. 

Your really have to be on the board nearly every possession when you play them because they wont call off the dogs and will keep puttin points up.

8 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I would like BUT to win lol but I just dont see this one being close at all. Gunnel just gonna sit back and throw rainbows. 

I will say this though. The kid, Gunnel, isnt the toughest kid out there.  I know about that through these competitions and elite 11. Maybe if you can bust him up for some sacks, you might slow him down. 

Your really have to be on the board nearly every possession when you play them because they wont call off the dogs and will keep puttin points up.

That is true they will run it up, Most likely why our coach wouldn't play them a second year but I still wanted to see them play.

I want to see United compete until the clock has zeros on it, all game long. Win or lose, close or blow out just get out there and don’t quit. If a win fantastic if a loss leave a mark on then, show them that y’all may not have it all together this week BUT is coming!!! Y’all always remember your very first game make it a memorable one. Good luck United

2 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Lookin at last years schedule, who did they play worth a hill of beans besides College Station?  Beaumont Kelly, Houston Chavez, Bryan Rudder?  Come on.  They are going to have to make me a believer because I'm rolling with my Timberwolves in this one. 

Man I have more respect for your brother and LaRavan because of the level of competition they have played against and that they don't play with a hand picked team...

22 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Lookin at last years schedule, who did they play worth a hill of beans besides College Station?  Beaumont Kelly, Houston Chavez, Bryan Rudder?  Come on.  They are going to have to make me a believer because I'm rolling with my Timberwolves in this one. 

Man I have more respect for your brother and LaRavan because of the level of competition they have played against and that they don't play with a hand picked team...

Truth

58 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

It’s a private school yes but they have stockpiled Houston area talent like a public school can’t. It is indeed handpicked to a big degree to me. They beat 5a and 6a level schools regularly even though they are like 2-3a in size. It would be like if Kelly has to resources to offer and secure kids like Roschon, Elia, Barlow, brown, kary Vincent jr type guys all on one team.

Their QB could break the national record for td passes this year. He throws about 65-70 a year. You will see. 

In fact, a good percentage of the top schools in the nation are private schools who use similar formula of recruiting and offering to kids who normally couldn’t afford but have the talent. Mater Dei, Bishop Gorman, don Bosco, Jon bosco, IMG, etc... they just do it better. 

I remember there was a team from I believe Louisiana or Oklahoma that played Vidor a couple of years ago and they were taken to the woodshed.  I also remember a team from North Carolina that Ozen played a few years ago and Ozen beat them and Ozen's RB had like 300 yards rushing.  

Just saying,line up, strap up, shut up, and prove it....