Dayton at New Caney Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

Neither teams one’s scored in control part. New Caney two’s scores once. Nail looked solid and in control of the Dayton offense. His arm strength might have improved some since last year. Had a drop on first play that would have scored easily. NC QB looked a little nervous to start but will get rid of butterflies as he gets experience. Glad to get to watch some football again!

will start game type scrimmage shortly.

59 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

NC turns it over with a fumble first and goal from one. Dayton converts a number of third downs with a lot of bubble screens and scores. Miss XP, 14-6 4:54 in quarter.

Dayton scores on a long pass - receivers are going to have to get use to the heat our QB brings must of dropped 6 or seven wide open passes  and left a lot points off the board - clean that up and offense will put up a lot of points this season. Starting RB( Santee) did not suit up ? he will bring another dimension to our offense.

2 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Dayton scores on a long pass - receivers are going to have to get use to the heat our QB brings must of dropped 6 or seven wide open passes  and left a lot points off the board - clean that up and offense will put up a lot of points this season. Starting RB( Santee) did not suit up ? he will bring another dimension to our offense.

It’s early, and we got work to do, but it was a first scrimmage, so next week improvements will be made and we will see some Bronco football. We had quiet a few kids not dressed out tonight, some key players that will soon be back in the action. Defense has improved. Headed in the right direction. 

16 hours ago, jayhawk said:

I was talking to a guy in our stands about Santee. I didn’t think I saw him out there. I agree with you on the dropped passes. One kid in particular had a bunch. Dayton looked a lot better than what I saw last year.

35 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

NC had some nice speed- QB, RB, Wr's all quick ! but when WR's ran an open route QB couldn't hit them with a hand grenade . Sure he's young and will improve during the year - Good luck in your new district -

Thanks good luck to the Broncos as well. Clean up the dropped passes and have Santee available to take some of the load off the passing game and the Broncos will be competitive.

You did miss one of the pick six’s though.

56 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

I was talking to a guy in our stands about Santee. I didn’t think I saw him out there. I agree with you on the dropped passes. One kid in particular had a bunch. Dayton looked a lot better than what I saw last year.

Thanks good luck to the Broncos as well. Clean up the dropped passes and have Santee available to take some of the load off the passing game and the Broncos will be competitive.

You did miss one of the pick six’s though.

I was told Daytona defense only gave up one score in live period.  14 points on 2 pick six's.  Was also told bronco defense is looking better.  The 2 kids on defense pike and Orebo have grown a little bit and flying to the ball.  Looks like Dayton may surprise a few people this year