W24 Jack Yates vs W19 Liberty Hill

6 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Silsbee lost to Liberty Hill two years ago. McCain and Adams were freshmen back then.

I'm sure they wouldn't mind a chance for some payback.

They aren't going to get it this year, barring a huge upset.

I hope it's close but I don't see any path forward for Liberty Hill.  They won their district but they aren't ranked.  Are they that much better than HJ who also won their district?  HJ was simply brushed aside by Yates.

I see Yates pulling away at the end for a 30pt win.  But it could be even worse than that.

It should be an competitive game, I'm not familiar with Liberty Hill style of play or there previous competition.  Curious to see if this team can adjust to Yates press and speed, because if can be overwhelming if you haven't played against it.  I haven't seen much video so I'm unsure how deep they go with their bench. They made it this far for a reason, and tomorrow night Yates will find out what this team is made of.  

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

Yates has a kid named Joe Valarie who was KPRC athlete od the week at like 6'7 or 6'8. He is Is junior and seems to be pretty good. Along with him and the two big Dawgs they seem to be expected to beat Silsbee down. 

Hmmm haven’t seen them and know not to trust maxpreps but they have him listed at 6’1”.

4 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Yates has a kid named Joe Valarie who was KPRC athlete od the week at like 6'7 or 6'8. He is Is junior and seems to be pretty good. Along with him and the two big Dawgs they seem to be expected to beat Silsbee down. 

Are you kidding me?  We (Silsbee) has the best 3 guard combo in the state of Texas with McCain, Bush, and Adams.  There pressure will not effect us at all and we will score at will.  This will be a track meet and no one can outrun the Silsbee Tigers.

Looking at Liberty Hills schedule I'm not seeing those very low scores that would indicate they can control the game.  The only really low score was a 45 to 38 loss to....... you guessed it, Argyle.  The scores indicate that the Panthers play a normal style game.  Even if they catch Yates looking ahead to the Silsbee game and keep pace early, the Lions will eventually snap out of it and take control.  

But you never know, an upset now and then is a fun and beneficial thing.  We're overdue for one in Region III, in the 6:15 PM game if you please, not the 8:00 PM game.