Port Neches-Groves 62 Beaumont Central 27/FINAL

WOSgrad

18 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

lol i hope that isnt sarcasm

No way.. LOL did you see my edit or something???  Central got behind and had a bad friggin' night.  I bet zero turnovers would've made this game closer.  I just looked at the standings and I thought that the Jags were a lot closer to the playoffs.  I think they win the next two.  The Jags will make it!  Go play fast and loose.  

2 rounds, maybe more 

8 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

Well it was an ugly game for the Jags. PNG was the better team and proved it on the field. We got outcoached and outplayed.Good luck to the Indians. The Jags need to regroup and keep their heads up. Saw a lotta qutting out there for Central. That is unacceptablefrom players and coaches. We definetly cant have that if we make the postseason.But again good win PNG u deserved it and good luck.

We'll see you guys and Johnson(unfortunately) and crew again at the Res next year. 

As far as the out-coached goes, I knew yalls new head coach would need more than a year to turn things around. Heck he may not even see the full fruit of his labor next year, but y'all keep supporting him and in a year or two Central will be one of the teams to beat in this district. Got all the talent to do it

6 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

Well it was an ugly game for the Jags. PNG was the better team and proved it on the field. We got outcoached and outplayed.Good luck to the Indians. The Jags need to regroup and keep their heads up. Saw a lotta qutting out there for Central. That is unacceptablefrom players and coaches. We definetly cant have that if we make the postseason.But again good win PNG u deserved it and good luck.

We'll see you guys and Johnson(unfortunately) and crew again at the Res next year. 

Few things going against you guys tonight. With your starting QB out it is difficult to adjust. The Qb that played tonight can run, but passing is not his thing. Ya'lls running game was working early, he should have stuck with it. Also, , penalties kill you guys. 

9 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Got a question for Roschonbigbro or any other PNG fan, just out of curiosity will RJ have any good threats at receiver next year? And if not, how will this affect the PNG offense? Will they lean more on the running game and RJ’s legs as opposed to his arm?

Shug not only excels in football but also in school and grades. Rumor has it that he will have enough credits to graduate early. Does that mean he may not play next year as a senior and head to UT early.  Exactly how does the “enough credits to graduate early” work?

8 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Got a question for Roschonbigbro or any other PNG fan, just out of curiosity will RJ have any good threats at receiver next year? And if not, how will this affect the PNG offense? Will they lean more on the running game and RJ’s legs as opposed to his arm?

Stansbury #7 is JR and Weunschel #9 a Soph. 

4 minutes ago, PAT said:

Shug not only excels in football but also school and grades. Rumor has it that he will have enough credits to graduate early. Does that mean he may not play next year as a senior and head to UT early.  Exactly how does the “enough credit to graduate early” work?

That means he can leave high school and go to UT almost right after football season next year. He'd graduate in December. And then be in early enrollment. But unfortunately for everyone on PNG's schedule next year..........he would still have to play during football season 

4 minutes ago, badndn said:

Stansbury is a senior. Riggs, Hughes, Hebert, Lane are all seniors. Their are some underclassmen that will come up and step in. Pearson who is a freshman, I think he is 6'3" will be a good one. Bost little brother is a beast. There is some talent coming up. Weunchel and Rockafort are Soph.

7 minutes ago, PAT said:

Shug not only excels in football but also in school and grades. Rumor has it that he will have enough credits to graduate early. Does that mean he may not play next year as a senior and head to UT early.  Exactly how does the “enough credits to graduate early” work?

Not sure how it works, but I’m gonna hope and pray for our sake that he can graduate before football season :) lol

10 minutes ago, PAT said:

he will be done by december of that year

I'll keep it short.  Congratulations to the Indians on an easy win that was never in doubt from the opening kickoff till the final seconds ticked off.  I hope you all had no injuries and make a good playoff run.  The better team, better coached team and better prepared team won tonight.  

8 minutes ago, badndn said:

Stansbury is a Sr

9 Soph on the team this year with at least 5 starting is not a bad problem to have for next year, but let’s focus on this season first. Little Bost is an Athlete and will be back up QB, could prob run him out wide next year!

For those Jag fans that couldn't wait to get rid of Foreman...becareful what you wish for. 

Jag coaching was disorganized and play calling ridiculous. Why run the same play 4 times in a row for 50+ yards then hand off to wr in motion, then attemp pass...pick 6??? Set the tone for the night. 

5 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Not sure how it works, but I’m gonna hope and pray for our sake that he can graduate before football season :) lol

I'm pretty sure that he will be in PN-G purple next year.  As intelligent as he is, he would have to have taken courses through the summer of every year to have enough credits to graduate in May.  Chances are good that he will graduate next December, though and will be a early admit to UT.  It will be of benefit so that by the time he hits the field at UT, Ehlinger will be a junior and with a redshirt if he progresses enough, he could be seeing significant time by the start of his sophomore year there.

45 minutes ago, indianforever said:

I guess PNG beat another cupcake tonight by looking at the score wait isn't this the team with the best secondary?

This may not be the best year for the Jags but they are nowhere near a cupcake my man. PNG just came out more prepared and jus had one of those games where you jus dominate in all levels of the game. Yes PNG is a much better team, but Central is and never will be a cupcake

This was my first time seeing Central play since 2010 when they lost to Humble in the playoffs (due to work and relocation) 

i could only go by what I was hearing and from listening I really thought Central was headed down the path of Ozen, with all the good ones leaving and going to other schools, but what I seen tonight let me know Central still has the kids and speed there and now just has to be coached up by the coaches (which I believe Nelson will do) They May be losing enrollment numbers but I believe a good football team and program will once again have parents sending there kids to Central instead of cross town to WestBrook ..Goodluck Jags the rest of the way, look forward to keeping up with you now that I’m back around..

Also my first time seeing Johnson, and I can say he Deserves all they hype. Man amongst boys out there..Good luck P.N.G is always good when you guys are strong for the rest of the District , hopefully Central can catch up and it can be like the good ol’ 20-4A days when P.N.G, Nederland, Central and/or Ozen were all good and battled for supremacy ...I guess Memorial will take Ozens spot lol

8 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

SFA85 is gone.  So is PNGFan.

LET ME MAKE THIS PERFECTLY CLEAR!  If you wish to comment on face, we have a forum down stairs called the Politcal Forum.  There are a bevy of folks down there pro and con that are more than ready to debate or support your views, whatever they may be.

HOWEVER, THERE WILL BE NO RACIAL COMMENTS OR RACE BAITING on any of the sports forums.  Those that wish to do so WILL BE GONE!  THIS AIN'T THE NFL AND I AM SURE AS HELL NOT ROGER GOODELL.  You want to get racial on THIS forum, YOU WILL POST HERE NO MORE!!!!

ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS!!!  And if you wish to question, you had better be careful......I AM NOT IN A GOOD MOOD!

Some people have forgot this is a high school football forum lately the board has been smack attack on steroids its not the place for race relation discussions it is to discuss and debate high school football good to see the board return to some sense of sanity

Well, I knew it would be hard with Davis out and Phoenix in at QB. I expected uabtk just stay running the ball, but 4 interceptions from the backup, 1 being a pick 6 won't get it done. Running the ball worked better than I thought.  #3 Foster and #28 Corbin was gashing them up.  I guess since the PN-G staff realized that all we'd do is run the ball so they brought their safeties up to stop the run.  lucky for us and as mentioned by a PN-G fan, PN-G defense is horrible at tackling so we still got yards.  On defense, we held pretty good until Boy Went to another level.  His most impressive pass was the corner TD  pass on the right side.  Right on the money, in stride and with good coverage.   We did good at stoping him from running, but we can't just let receivers just run 3 defenders and just catch a wide open TD pass on blown coverage.  

Hopefully, the issue with Our starting QB isn't that serious and he can play the rest of the year.  Davis wouldn't have been enough, but he WOULDN'T have thrown 4 interceptions and a pick 6. 

Central still makes the playoffs, butboir coaches need to use this game as a learning tool for defense.  What to do and not do against a good offense.  And make no mistake, this PN-G offense if amongst the best that Central has played ever. Rivals the 2014 CE King offense and the 2011 PA Memorial offense... 

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, I knew it would be hard with Davis out and Phoenix in at QB. I expected uabtk just stay running the ball, but 4 interceptions from the backup, 1 being a pick 6 won't get it done. Running the ball worked better than I thought.  #3 Foster and #28 Corbin was gashing them up.  I guess since the PN-G staff realized that all we'd do is run the ball so they brought their safeties up to stop the run.  lucky for us and as mentioned by a PN-G fan, PN-G defense is horrible at tackling so we still got yards.  On defense, we held pretty good until Boy Went to another level.  His most impressive pass was the corner TD  pass on the right side.  Right on the money, in stride and with good coverage.   We did good at stoping him from running, but we can't just let receivers just run 3 defenders and just catch a wide open TD pass on blown coverage.  

Hopefully, the issue with Our starting QB isn't that serious and he can play the rest of the year.  Davis wouldn't have been enough, but he WOULDN'T have thrown 4 interceptions and a pick 6. 

Central still makes the playoffs, butboir coaches need to use this game as a learning tool for defense.  What to do and not do against a good offense.  And make no mistake, this PN-G offense if amongst the best that Central has played ever. Rivals the 2014 CE King offense and the 2011 PA Memorial offense... 

Naw ... but PNG has the best Qb WR duo I seen since singleton and seals.., good luck to the jags

4 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Naw ... but PNG has the best Qb WR duo I seen since singleton and seals.., good luck to the jags

I agree, that 2011 P.A.M Squad had so much speed on the field in 11 it was the first time I ever thought Central looked slow , they were also Physical . 

I would say say the best offenses ive seen Central  would probably be the Baytown Lee teams in the 90s, they were running and gunning before anybody, as well as the 90s early 2000s before they went down Westbrook teams as well as some of the late ones and that 2000 Ozen team with Rayburn at QB (I believe)  ...