Beaumont West Brook vs Beaumont Central Predictions

Alpha Wolf

4 minutes ago, DannyShapiroBE said:

Central and West Brook won't play Friday, per WB coach Eric Peevey. Decision will be made at noon whether or not to play Saturday but it's doubtful. Neither team has scrimmaged or practiced all week. Expect this game to be canceled (Jasper at Ozen too).

Smart move.

35 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not according to Jag Insider

What are you talking about?  You are the biggest coward on this board.  How about you come sit with me at Central's next home game...

Better yet, make yourself useful and go help someone in need of getting out the water like I'm doing...

30 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

What are you talking about?  You are the biggest coward on this board.  How about you come sit with me at Central's next home game...

Better yet, make yourself useful and go help someone in need of getting out the water like I'm doing...

Been doing that for last two days.

Biggest coward?? How so?

I'm prepared to get scorched for this take, but this rivalry game has been greatly diminished since Ozen opened up and then Central dropping down in class. This game doesn't help West Brook get ready for district at all.

The Bruins need to play 6A teams in non district. BISD needs to either rezone so all the schools are legitamite 5A or quit making WB play uncompetitive games because the parents want to relive their glory days. Hebert and BCP play every year in district - that ought to be enough.

At the very least, BISD should remove the Ozen game from the Bruins schedule because that's really a 4A school.

If the goal is for all the schools to go far in the playoffs then the current state of the "Beaumont Bowl" hurts those chances.

12 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I'm prepared to get scorched for this take, but this rivalry game has been greatly diminished since Ozen opened up and then Central dropping down in class. This game doesn't help West Brook get ready for district at all.

The Bruins need to play 6A teams in non district. BISD needs to either rezone so all the schools are legitamite 5A or quit making WB play uncompetitive games because the parents want to relive their glory days. Hebert and BCP play every year in district - that ought to be enough.

At the very least, BISD should remove the Ozen game from the Bruins schedule because that's really a 4A school.

If the goal is for all the schools to go far in the playoffs then the current state of the "Beaumont Bowl" hurts those chances.

12 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

On 8/29/2017 at 0:29 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

I agree with your statement.  West Brook vs Central, ok that's cool.  Central vs Ozen, ok.  But West Brook vs Ozen, how does that game benefit the Bruins.  I agree with you, it doesn't.  I heard on the last round, one of the games almost got dropped (don't recall which one) due to the late add of Livingston to 22-5A but former AD Saveat wasn't having any of that.  Maybe new AD Jackson will consider during th next realignment and making of schedules.

I agree as well.  I have never been a fan of non-district "rivalry" game, especially when the number of games is limited.  If you have 4 or 5 non-district games, sure, use one of them to fill up your schedule.  But when you have only three games to get ready for the likes of The Woodlands and Lufkin, being locked into playing a school that at this time next year will have a confirmed 4A population, does West Brook a pretty big disservice.

36 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Hope this game will be played. Any new word on this one? 

West Brook/Central won't be made up. 

According to an email from Coach Peevey yesterday afternoon, a final decision has not been made on whether the West Brook/Ozen game played.

31 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

West Brook/Central won't be made up. 

According to an email from Coach Peevey yesterday afternoon, a final decision has not been made on whether the West Brook/Ozen game played.

WOSGrad, call Peevy and Nelson, lets play this game Saturday night.  Taylor and Ozen can find an opponent more comparable to his schools size for this weekend.  Everyone will be on short notice, so nobody will have an advantage.  They can start back practicing tomorrow (as the Jags and Panthers are) giving them 3 days before a Saturday game.  I can't speak for every community but I think some high school football would be a great and much needed outlet for MANY of these communities.   

27 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

WOSGrad, call Peevy and Nelson, lets play this game Saturday night.  Taylor and Ozen can find an opponent more comparable to his schools size for this weekend.  Everyone will be on short notice, so nobody will have an advantage.  They can start back practicing tomorrow (as the Jags and Panthers are) giving them 3 days before a Saturday game.  I can't speak for every community but I think some high school football would be a great and much needed outlet for MANY of these communities.   

West Brook actually started practice in Winnie today and are actually practicing as we speak.

31 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

That's even more reason, I know you have the power and know all the proper people to make it happen :)

Thanks for the compliment, but you have a much higher opinion of my ability as a "power broker" than is actually the case (which in truth, is actually none).  I am simply a conduit of information.

You and I have to face the fact, in all likelihood, that the next time that the Bruins and Jags will play will be in the Summer of 2018.  I don't like it, you don't like it, I KNOW that Coach Peevey and Coach Nelson don't like it, but Harvey is making a lot of folks in this area face facts that they don't like.

Of course, this forum is littered with wrong predictions I have made.

4 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Thanks for the compliment, but you have a much higher opinion of my ability as a "power broker" than is actually the case (which in truth, is actually none).  I am simply a conduit of information.

You and I have to face the fact, in all likelihood, that the next time that the Bruins and Jags will play will be in the Summer of 2018.  I don't like it, you don't like it, I KNOW that Coach Peevey and Coach Nelson don't like it, but Harvey is making a lot of folks in this area face facts that they don't like.

Of course, this forum is littered with wrong predictions I have made.

I know man, I just was enjoying the dream...