13 Alabama Counties saw 85% Drop in Food Stamps with Work Requirement

Hagar

7 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

It is funny how that worked, is it not?  Make the freeloaders get of their arses and do something.

Yep, plus you find out how many getting food stamps are dead, have a good job, or using false ID's and double or triple dipping.  Abuse is rampant.

34 minutes ago, Fee Dee said:

I don't know about these 13  but my understanding is there was always a work requirement if you were an able body person.

As it should be Fee, but you & I both know there's a lot of folks who beat the system.  Always will be.  For honest folks, sometimes they get to feeling like the system is beating them.

17 minutes ago, baddog said:

My MIL was on food stamps for a short time. Once, she asked my wife and me to pick up some groceries for her. While my wife was paying for the food with those stamps, I felt so guilty that others around me would think they were ours. Weird, I know, but I've always paid my way.

I would've felt the very same way baddog.  Be trying to put my head down inside my shirt. 

One thing that I have noted while living abroad is how unemployment is handled. I lived in an apartment complex one time that had a man who's only job was to keep the playground clean. It wasn't a difficult job, but he had to do it everyday. I soon realized that it was this way countrywide. Everyone was expected to do something to earn their stipend. For far to long in America, people have gotten something for nothing. If you are able to work in any capacity at all, welfare offices should assign you a job until you can retain employment elsewhere. 

4 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

How about Solyndra?  I'll wait while you Google it.  Btw, that was your hero that wasted taxpayer money.  But obviously, you don't give two sh@#s about what the previous potus did.

Because he just took that one government class and the teacher taught him how to think.

8 hours ago, jv_coach said:

Because he just took that one government class and the teacher taught him how to think.

I'm guessing it was a class called, "Economics Without Morals".  That's how on a Govt salary he managed to become so wealthy.  But to be fair, many of our Congressional people do that.