Best Singles and Doubles Players;Boys and Girls

Guest sportsfan-89

Guest sportsfan-89

Boys

Singles-1.Matthew Deaver,Silsbee 2.Matt Minic,HJ

Doubles-1.Tyler Word and Scott Carnley,Warren 2.Nederlands #1 Team (don't know their names)

Girls

Singles-1.Salina Aranda,K-Ville 2.Girl from Nederland

Doubles-Not Sure

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I agree with the Warren doubles team, they are both good players. Salina Aranda then Jessica Phelps. Orangefield doubles team of talbot and erin are really good. Boys singles is really tough to say. Deaver is amazing and Minick too. And they are both in the same district. How will this go in the final? I think Deaver and Minick are by far the two best players in the area. And same for Salina and Jessica in girls. I think now that Minick has won a tourny, he will be more relaxed the next time he plays Deaver. And it will be a better match. It should be good. This season has been great. And will continue to be

Guest sportsfan89

The separation between Matthew Deaver and Matt Minick is a big gap. Deaver is a 16's superchamp that does well in these tournaments, while Minick is an 18's champ. As far as I know Minick hasn't won a single match in these tournament's. Minick is too inconsistent, and looks shaky against weaker opponents in the early rounds, while Deaver breezes through. The point I am trying to get at is that Minick will not beat Deaver in District like everybody says he is. Deaver is going to thrash him and take the 21-3A District Title with ease.

You make a very good point sportsfan89. Minick has only won two matches in the champ bracket. And they were won last year in the Woodlands. But here is the point im trying to make, even though Minick has struggled against some of the weaker players(even though he has advanced threw the rounds with ease as well), he steps it up when he plays a better player. Last year at regionals he played a guy from Robinson who was clearly a better player, but Minick took it to a third set and he actually should have won the match. He was up 4-1 in the third set. Everyone that i have talked to says that Deaver will blow Minick out of the water, which me might. But if Minick steps it up like we know he can, then it will be a fight. You also have to put into play that it is his senior year and he will definately be giving it his all. Deaver and Minick are in a completely different league than anyone in these tennis tournaments. But come to the finals and we will just have to see how this unfolds. Just make sure I'm clear, I did not say Minick would win.

Guest sportsfan89

Yes, I agree it will be a good match, but Deaver has the credintials and shots that Minick doesn't. I saw them play in the semis at Westbrook and Minick fought well in the first set but lost 7-5. Minick put all of his effort just to stay in the first set, that is why he got ousted 6-1 in the second. Yes Minick is a pretty good player and he does step it up in the big time matches whenever he needs to, but Deaver is playing at a higher level than Minick.

Well i do know that Minick had a 3-0 lead on Deaver. And Minicks Serve is absolutely terrible, but i have heard that it is getting alot better. Deaver won on power and placement i believe, I did not see the match at Westbrook in person, but someone filmed it for me. And Deaver came out to a shaky start, probably because he hadn't played anyone good over the whole course of the year haha. But then he started cranking on Minicks second serve. It should be a better match next time around i hope. How do you think they match up in state 3A. I think these two could both come out of this area and make it to the state tourney. What is everyones opinion on this?

Guest sportsfan_89

Definantley sportsfan07, it is going to be a heck of a match at district, I believe it will be high quality stuff, and I believe that the winner will be advancing to the state tournament. In my opinion the score will be 6-2, 6-2 Deaver, but both of them advancing to the state title might be a little bit of wishful thinking, even though it would be nice to see but there are too many good players in the region. Hey, maybe I'm wrong, but it would be cool to see.

Guest sportsfan_89

Yea I will go for Minick too, it just seems Deaver walks around with too much swagger in his step, it would be nice to see the #1 player go down. I'm thinking that he might come into the match a little overconfident. What Minick needs to do is come out of the gates firing but still stay under control. He has nothing to lose so if he goes for his shots the outcome may be a little different.

Minick and Deaver are both great guys and great tennis players. (i've played them both in singles and doubles) Right now Deaver clearly has the edge but there is plenty of time for change before district. Don't underestimate Minick's determination and athleticism.  I'm sorry but I can't see both of them making it to state, there is just too many good players at regionals. (ask Jordan Deaver)

In doubles Word and Carnley are cleaning up, but don't count out Colley and Smith from Buna. They are finally playing together again and are extremely athletic. Kirbyville has Fuller and Cofty, a good team but a bit inconsistent.

In girls Salina is just too dominant. The other girls in this area will all be glad when she graduates.

In girls doubles is another team from Kirbyville, Whitmire and Landry.

In mixed there is the team of Talmadge and Jackson. They just get better and better each week. Kirbyville and Westbrook both have some really good teams.

Good luck to all our area players!!

By far Mathew is the best Singles players.  I said Matt Minick was the next best player, but we give him too much credit.  He really isn't that good compared to the whole grand scheme.  Take him to the Houston tournaments and you will see him get crushed.  Deavers will beat Minick 10 out of 10 times.  Carnley and Word have a good thing going and I know they play at the Southbrook Tournament this friday,  so we will see how it goes.

Guest sportsfan_89

Minick and Deaver are both great guys and great tennis players. (i've played them both in singles and doubles) Right now Deaver clearly has the edge but there is plenty of time for change before district. Don't underestimate Minick's determination and athleticism.   I'm sorry but I can't see both of them making it to state, there is just too many good players at regionals. (ask Jordan Deaver)

In doubles Word and Carnley are cleaning up, but don't count out Colley and Smith from Buna. They are finally playing together again and are extremely athletic. Kirbyville has Fuller and Cofty, a good team but a bit inconsistent.

In girls Salina is just too dominant. The other girls in this area will all be glad when she graduates.

In girls doubles is another team from Kirbyville, Whitmire and Landry.

In mixed there is the team of Talmadge and Jackson. They just get better and better each week. Kirbyville and Westbrook both have some really good teams.

Good luck to all our area players!!

About counting out Colley and Smith from Buna, there is more to tennis than being athletic, it is all fundamentals and court sense that separate the good players from the great players, the only reason you are giving them credit is because they are from Buna, I have seen them and they look like a couple of bunkin rednecks.

About counting out Colley and Smith from Buna, there is more to tennis than being athletic, it is all fundamentals and court sense that separate the good players from the great players, the only reason you are giving them credit is because they are from Buna, I have seen them and they look like a couple of bunkin rednecks.

But you also have to put into consideration that there are no good teams in 3a or 4a. I went to one tournament to watch Matt Minick and then i went over and watched the other people from Hardin-Jefferson. And when i got to the doubles site, everyone was terrible. I see why they are winning. Dont get me wrong they are both great players. And they could win against some of the good teams. But they haven't really had any competition here. They need to play a good team to get some experience for that next round. How about playing Minick and Deaver. Wow! that might give them some problems.

Yes i have seen her play, and she is really good.  Probably one of the best girls to ever come out of this area. But you must also look at this, she is playing in the girls division. Which of course is easier than the males. You put her up against Deaver or Minick and they will beat her. Or at least i would think so. Shes not the best mover and these two guys happen to move people all over the court. Dont get me wrong shes UNBELIEVEABLE. The best chance this area has at a state title. But it would be interesting to see Deaver Aranda Minick and another girl play mixed doubles. That would be fun.

Don't count Salina out against Minnick or Deavers. I've played both the guys and Salina is my cousin and I hit with her on the weekends.  Now shes hitting just as good as them

As for Smith and Colley: those kids can play tennis. Give them some time to get it together. And I'd rather take those two rednecks than some rich country club kid.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder