Best Singles and Doubles Players;Boys and Girls

Guest sportsfan-89

Ok i personally haven't seen Clement play recently, but i talked to someone who has. And they said that he is still very shaky. And needs ALOT of work. You kelly guys need to stop playing the same people OVER and OVER again. You need to play people that are actually better than you to get better. Because learning how to beat your friend isn't going to help you beat Deaver, Minick, or Desai.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally play lane and sagar every now and then... ive beaten sagar... i promise you clement and scott would be a good match... your saying personally youve seen clement play... recently hes been playing awesome... hes dominating the tournaments that scott isnt... i dont have to beat minick anymore... hes done...

I hate to take up for Scott, because I don't think he is all that good. ( my standards are pretty high though ) But, Scott has never lost a singles match to you, Bug, or Clement. He destroyed Clement the last time they played. He has only played you once, (freshmen year?) and he beat you. He has never played a real match against Bug, but he beat him in one of those grand prix things a year and a half ago. I've seen all 4 of you guys play quite a bit, and there really isn't much difference between any of you. Until you actually beat someone, you shouldn't talk.

Now, I do think some of you guys are being a little tough on Tony and the Elite Tennis Academy kids. Tony is a good coach whether you guys like him or not. He coached easily the best male player from this area in the last 15 years. (Danos).And if you look up all the champ and super kids from the area, more of them are coached by Tony than any other area coach. Elite has the only consistent group with that level of players in the area. All of those kids are working hard, they just talk a little too much trash.

Hey TBS, I'm bringing some of my Houston kids down next week ( mostly ZAT kids) and I was going to bring them to Brentwood for some matches one afternoon. I'll bring Scott, and you guys can play him. If you guys all beat him, I'll even help you talk trash about him.

Good luck this weekend.

i personally play lane and sagar every now and then... ive beaten sagar... i promise you clement and scott would be a good match... your saying personally youve seen clement play... recently hes been playing awesome... hes dominating the tournaments that scott isnt... i dont have to beat minick anymore... hes done...

Scott hasn't played like a real tournament in like 4 months....he was busy with regionals and state, he has not had time to play a tournament.  He did play in the Woodlands tournament where he placed second....He won the the first set 6-0.  His opponent played nothing but defense and like a idiot Scott tried to hit a winner on every shot and ended up losing in the finals. 

Scott is playing in the Pasedena ZAT and only needs 3 wins to qualify. 

regionals and state finished up in april or may... that was only two or three days. all the other tournaments are weekends and didnt conflict with those... im not dogging scott cause i like him and hes a good player... i dunno about top four but well see this next year

There you go minick thats what im talking about. By the way Minick, this weekend we are going to get together and play (even though you will probably kill me again haha). Why the heck do the TENNIS ELITE ACADEMY GUYS always come on here and talk crap about everyone. They think they are so much better than everyone. Well im pretty sure i haven't seen any of them do anything this year. I have nothing against them, because they are good tennis players, but don't get on here and talk crap to BETTER PLAYERS! Lets look at the records shall we? I know for a fact Deavers never lost to anyone from the Elite tennis academy. I dont know the statisitics on Desai, but im pretty sure maybe one loss, but maybe not. Minick only played one of them, and Minick beat him. And those three in my opinion were the best three in the area. I would put it like this

1)Deaver

2)Desai

3)Minick

4)Bug

5)Boone

6)Carnley

7)Word (older one)

8)Wehner

9)Word (younger one)

10)Kid from LCM.

Sorry if you don't agree the TENNIS ELITE ACADEMY, but thats my opinion.

thats a pretty accurate list, but i think Carnley & Tyler Word should both be above Boone. & plus Casey Word & the LCM kid (Jude Lane) should be above Wehner, but other than that it looks good.

regionals and state finished up in april or may... that was only two or three days. all the other tournaments are weekends and didnt conflict with those... im not dogging scott cause i like him and hes a good player... i dunno about top four but well see this next year

May ZAT he was at the State Tournament, June ZAT he had the SAT's to take.  July was his first ZAT tournament in a while & he finished 2nd which qualified him for Champs.

thats a pretty accurate list, but i think Carnley & Tyler Word should both be above Boone. & plus Casey Word & the LCM kid (Jude Lane) should be above Wehner, but other than that it looks good.

didn't wiedenfeld from nederland beat the LCM kid? i don't see him anywhere on the list.

The above lists was more or less accurate. But here is mine as of right now. Minick and Word arent on it because they are not in high school anymore.

1) Deavers

2) Desai

3) Bug

4) Boone

5) Scott Carnley          Carnely and Wehner are even

5) Wehner

7) Weidenfield

8) Jude Layne

uhh..that little thing you got going there is def. wrong...scott carnley is way better than you ( bug ) & kenton..plus i would put jude layne & weidenfield over weiner any day..the other kid that was on there, casey word, isnt a bad player..i have seen him play you & a couple of other tournaments & he didnt do bad at all..i would put him on the list, but it would be like this:

1.Deavers

2.Desai

3.Scott Carnley

4.Bug

5.Boone

6.Jude Layne

7.Weidenfield

8.Casey Word

9.Weiner

garsnare are you drunk?!! weiner is nothing! & no bug is not better than scott..you must not know how to play tennis or something? do you even know what tennis is?

I'm pretty sure I know a little bit more about tennis than you do. I've seen Scott and Bug play lots of point games and drills, and Bug probably wins more than half the time. Now having said that, there is not much difference between Bug,Scott,Boone,Wehner, and Tyler Word. I've seen all 5 of those guys play lots of times. Don't think Clement can't play just because he has different looking strokes. I don't know who you are athlete5, but if you are not a champ 18 level player, then I'm pretty sure Clement would beat u.

Now that is funny. When have you seen me brag about my playing ability or talk bad about your playing ability? If you made champ 18's then you were a decent junior player, therefore you should know that Clement being in champ 18's means he is at a similar level. I make no claims about being a superstar tennis player (I'm not) but I have been around the game for a long time. I've been involved at the junior, college, and pro level and I have a solid understanding of the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder