Best Singles and Doubles Players;Boys and Girls

Guest sportsfan-89

alright man word and carnley got to the 2A state finals in DOUBLES. not singles. is your list based on doubles or singles? and 2A is nothin like 6A TAPPS. and the whole kelly tennis team (all go to ETA) made it to state. I and a kid goin into 9th grade beat word and carnley in strait sets.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The list is based on the performance this year, and what i saw from each player. I have seen every player on this list this year. The reason why Warnley and Word are high is because of their run at the state title. And i know 2a isn't that competitive, because they would have not made it out of regionals at the 3a, 4a, or 5a level. But they still got to that point. So i have to give them some credit. And the list is based on who i think the "better" player. I am not a sports analist haha, this is just my opinion.

And about tapps, it is competitive, but i would only put it one level above 2A. I believe 3a, 4a, and 5a are alot harder than tapps. Because i dont think anyone from Kelly would have advanced out of regionals out of the 3a, 4a, and 5a bracket. And im not talking bad about you all, i am strickly saying what i saw there and what i saw here.

alright heres the deal. we dont talk crap on here. we just think that the tennis season is a lot closer than people think. desai, minick, and deaver are all good players were not dissing better players trust me... but you have one thing wrong... wehner is a better player than word and carnley. he just made champ 18s and is playing amazing. he even beats boone and bug sometimes. but they play everyday so it changes a bunch on who wins and who loses.

Dude, there is no way that Wehner is a better player than Scott.  Ok ya he made 18 champs, but it took him a century to do.  Scott destroyed Wehner in the consolation of the December ZAT like 6-1 6-1.  As for older Word he would of also beaten Wehner.  Tyler would on occasion beat Scott, so there is no way that Wehner is better than both of them.  We will just have to see next year since Scott is going back to singles because Tyler graduated. 

As for doubles, Tyler and Scott were by far the best doubles team around here and they proved it by beating Boone and Wehner  2 out of 3 times last year. 

The list is based on the performance this year, and what i saw from each player. I have seen every player on this list this year. The reason why Warnley and Word are high is because of their run at the state title. And i know 2a isn't that competitive, because they would have not made it out of regionals at the 3a, 4a, or 5a level. But they still got to that point. So i have to give them some credit. And the list is based on who i think the "better" player. I am not a sports analist haha, this is just my opinion.

They would have made it out of regionals in 3a or 4a but probaly not 5a.  Carnley and Word played a state qualifying team from 4a the day befor state.  They met up with this team and just started playing a match and Carnley and Word won like 6-2 6-3.  So we would never know.

Ok look, i like Carnley and Word, but making it out of 3A and 4A regionals, i doubt it. I saw the two teams that advanced out of the 3A and 4A region at state. And there is no way anyone in this area would have taken them out. Unless you put Deaver and Desai together haha. But regardless, they are both great players.

And about tapps, it is competitive, but i would only put it one level above 2A. I believe 3a, 4a, and 5a are alot harder than tapps. Because i dont think anyone from Kelly would have advanced out of regionals out of the 3a, 4a, and 5a bracket. And im not talking bad about you all, i am strickly saying what i saw there and what i saw here.

are you kidding? TAPPS is just private schools. private school means you pay tuition. paying tuition means you have a good amount of money. a good amount of money means you can afford more practice and lessons from better coaches. More practice and lessons from better coaches means better players. and better players means more competitive. TAPPS tennis is just a bunch of rich kids with top notch coaching, gear, and talent. And 6A is as big as it gets. I guarantee that TAPPS 6A is at least 4A. The kid who won TAPPS 6a is a top 20 super champ 18 from houston. in the finals he beat a guy who is 50 in super 18's. your not in TAPPS. you have never seen TAPPS tournaments. and don't say you have cause you haven't. you can't compare it to UIL.

Well sorry man, I don't really know Wehner. All i know is that Word and Carnley got to the 2a state finals and based my stuff on that. NOW DONT GET ME WRONG, I am not dissing the ELITE TENNIS ACADEMY! I just have seen that the most crap that is started on here, comes from the people from the Elite tennis academy. . 

there are only 2 people that are even registered on this website from Elite Tennis Academy. so i guess your telling me that every single thing that gets started on here comes from those two people? not likely..

Tapps is very strong at the top. It is the lack of depth and lack of a regional tournament that make it weaker than UIL. You can place 4th in your district and make it to state in Tapps. You guys dog on 2A tennis, but Austin Klores has won 2A singles 3 years in a row, and he is currently ranked #4 in Super 18s.

I coach Matt Allen and Theo Case from Foster Highschool who qualified for state in 4A doubles, I also coach Carnley and Word. They played 3 times this year, and Carnley and Word won once. So, if they played well and got lucky Carnley and Word could have made state in 3A or 4A. They would have gotten smoked at state in 4A, but 3A was kinda down this year. The 2A and 3A boys doubles state finals were played side by side, and the 2A match was a better quality match. On that note, I will say that there were only 2 good teams in the 2A draw, everyone else was bad.

It is the lack of depth and lack of a regional tournament that make it weaker than UIL. You can place 4th in your district and make it to state in Tapps. You guys dog on 2A tennis, but Austin Klores has won 2A singles 3 years in a row, and he is currently ranked #4 in Super 18s.

On that note, I will say that there were only 2 good teams in the 2A draw, everyone else was bad.

Where's the depth? every division has at least one or two studds. 2a cant be as deep as tapps

I don't think 2A is quite as deep as 6A TAPPS, but it is close. 6A tapps is nowhere close to 4A UIL. My super 18 guy played the kid from Houston who won 6A TAPPS. My kid lost 6-4, 6-2. My kid lost in the 1st round of the 4A region III tournament to another super and Region III is by far the weakest region in 4A. Here is another example for you. The #4 seed in the 4A region was ranked #73 in the Super 16's. Matt Deaver is ranked in the 120's in Super 16's.

Ok aeropro, I hate to rain on your parade, but I did a little research.

Top 2 seeds in TAPPS 6A state

1. Morgan Hopson #150 super 18

2. Ryan Crews #139 super 18

Uil State champs

5A- Colin Hoover #7 super 18

4A- Zach Nichols #5 super 18

3A- ??

2A- Austin Klores #4 super 18

The TAPPS guys wouldn't have been seeded in the 4A REGIONAL tournament. So they would not even make the state tournament.

* I looked up Deaver also, he is #163 in super 16

Im sorry aeropro, but i agree with Garsnare. Tapps is nowhere near the level of UIL. If you win a match or two you are in the State tournament. Guys in a Uil Tournament have to win 8 matches to get to the state tournament, NOT JUST 1 or 2! And you can argue about that all you want, but im sorry TAPPS, its not the same level. Come transfer over to one of the Public schools and lets see how far you go.

Guest car ramrod

Mr. aeropro7

It must be nice to enter your district tournament with a draw of 8, win one match, and then call yourself a state qualifier.  Saying the entire Kelly team made it to state is a fact, not a big accomplishment.

If the Kelly tennis team enter the 21-aaa district tournament with the same lineup as their state qualifying team, only Kenton and Clement would have made it to regionals.  That would be 4 wins by the way, just to make it to regionals.  They would not have finished better than fourth at the 3a tournament because they would not have come close the the two Waco Robinson teams or the Center team.

haha ive seen scott play before.. ive played him before... ive beat him before.. clement can beat anyone just by being consistent. you havent seen him play recently... clements taken it to the next level... he's playing awesome.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder