Gun Controlled Chicago Over 1000 Shot so far This Year

Hagar

Washington D.C. has some strict gun laws and used to be the murder capital. Maybe slacked off since you can now smoke weed, you know like in those peace pipes? That's what made the white man and the Indians get along. They were stoned out of their gourds.

You know, anyone who would make the "per capita" debate condones "acceptable levels" of murder as long as it is in a certain framework. Typical Liberal thinking. A mentality I cannot allow myself to be a part of.

17 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

The institution of slavery destroyed families. Slave holders who were one party or another, rich & not so rich.  Some slave holders were black, quite a few were white.   That problem has been here since the antebellem era.

Sick of you bringing slavery into every topic. If we have to be constantly reminded of it then leave the freakin statues alone.

I really think it is because blacks who depend on a monthly check to survive, live in housing units that pack them in like sardines and they get cabin fever. Makes people want to kill one another.  Is this whites who are being murdered by the 1000s? Didn't think so.....,next?

36 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

The institution of slavery destroyed families. Slave holders who were one party or another, rich & not so rich.  Some slave holders were black, quite a few were white.   That problem has been here since the antebellem era.

Families today are destroyed over a process used over a century ago? Your statement is accurate, slavery was terrible for keeping African American families together, but I am very confused on how it is relevant to the topic. Just another tired excuse to bring race into anything and everything.

3 hours ago, stevenash said:

I hear that among the leaders (per capita) are Detroit, Baltimore, New Orleans, Oakland, and Cleveland.  I wonder if there are any "common threads" amongst these cities and Chicago?

It's certainly not gun control laws, as was suggested in this thread

7 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Families today are destroyed over a process used over a century ago? Your statement is accurate, slavery was terrible for keeping African American families together, but I am very confused on how it is relevant to the topic. Just another tired excuse to bring race into anything and everything.

By the same token people come here and use every twisted excuse they can get their hands on to berate those on the other end of the political spectrum.

The fact is, that, to my knowledge, every single one of the cities in stevenash's post, are run by democrats.  To deny that, to deflect that, to accept that, is the problem with Democrats.  It's not about a twisted excuse.  Not a witch hunt.  It's a fact.  

Just curious, do any of you democrats have anything negative to say about the leadership of those cities?

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

By the same token people come here and use every twisted excuse they can get their hands on to berate those on the other end of the political spectrum.

Really? You don't think it is possibly the Right just defending themselves against every sick and twisted inflammatory generalized stereotype lobbed by the Left. Please try and take an objective look at these posts and see who is the aggressor and who is the defender. Just because the majority of the posts are responses to attacks does not equate to aggression. It is painfully clear which side harbors hate.

Detroit Chicago Houston etc etc. are big cities with  big populations. People are in each other faces constantly. Larger cities are also more diverse and tend to lean democratic as in rural area are smaller less diverse and more space between you and your neighbors. It's have nothing to do with race or party I've once lived in the country in Louisiana. About 80% was black no gun violence only about 5 officers. The problem with the big cities have nothing to do with the 2nd. Every big cities have suburbs. Why do they tend to be better off then their neighbors 5miles away. (Same laws).

Truth is democrats can care less about the inner cities. Just the votes. 

Republican also bring up Chicago for political issues only.

The reasons inner cities are bad is because no one cares.

Jobs. Why don't All Detroit schools have a auto program so when kids graduate they have a skill.

why don't memorial have at least a process operating class or something. So kids can graduate with a skill.

No we force Spanish and algebra and the period table. Like everyone is going to be a bilingual rocket scientist.

what happened to workshops in schools.

4 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Detroit Chicago Houston etc etc. are big cities with  big populations. People are in each other faces constantly. Larger cities are also more diverse and tend to lean democratic as in rural area are smaller less diverse and more space between you and your neighbors. It's have nothing to do with race or party I've once lived in the country in Louisiana. About 80% was black no gun violence only about 5 officers. The problem with the big cities have nothing to do with the 2nd. Every big cities have suburbs. Why do they tend to be better off then their neighbors 5miles away. (Same laws).

Truth is democrats can care less about the inner cities. Just the votes. 

Republican also bring up Chicago for political issues only.

The reasons inner cities are bad is because no one cares.

You hit the nail on the head Pam.  And I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just hope, from your perspective, you may shed light on why the inner cities vote democrat after all these years?  It's obvious the Party is not helping.  And I'll readily admit that if they had a Republican Mayor for the next 20 years, it may just continue the downward spiral, but I don't understand why the inner city folks don't at least try it.

Agree again with your post about workshops.  I've no idea how many schools have them, but all should, and more than before.  Process Operator - welders - carpenters - auto repair - A/C - plumber.  I've had friends that most would think dumb, who could rebuild engines.  Me?  Just changing spark plugs was an all day job.  Imo, most all of us have a knack for something (mines bs lol), so give these young kids the opportunities.  As you said, we're not all going to be bilingual rocket scientists.