District Playoff Scenarios

The following scenarios are for teams trying to clinch playoff spots in their respective districts. These are not seeding scenarios that include teams that have clinched, just teams that are vying for playoff spots. Schedule of games posted will be important in deciding these final spots.

21-6A

Atascocita, Kingwood and North Shore have clinched. Channelview and Summer Creek looking to clinch final spot.

(7-6) Channelview at Atascocita

(6-7) Summer Creek at Baytown Sterling

22-6A

South Houston and Pasadena Dobie have clinched. Rayburn, La Porte, Deer Park and Pasadena vying for final two spots.

(6-7) Deer Park at West Brook

(6-7) Pasadena Rayburn at (6-7) La Porte

(5-8) Pasadena at South Houston

21-5A

Humble and Porter have clinched. Barbers Hill, Dayton, Kingwood Park and Crosby vying for final two spots.

(10-7) Crosby at (11-6) Barbers Hill

Porter at (11-6) Dayton

(10-7) Kingwood Park at New Caney

22-5A

Beaumont Central, PA Memorial, Beaumont Ozen and Nederland have clinched.

21-4A

Shepherd, Diboll, Lufkin Hudson and Huntington have clinched. (seeding still a mess)

22-4A

Silsbee, Little Cypress-Mauriceville, West Orange-Stark and Bridge City have clinched

23-4A

Huffman-Hargrave, Hardin-Jefferson and Cleveland have clinched. Liberty and Tarkington looking to clinch final spot.

(1-6) Liberty at Hardin-Jefferson

Huffman-Hargrave at (2-5) Tarkington

21-3A

Hempstead, Crockett, Trinity and New Waverly have clinched.

22-3A

Central Heights, Pollock Central, Newton and Woodville have clinched.

23-3A

Buna, Kountze and East Chambers have clinched. Anahuac and Kirbyville looking to clinch final spot.

(6-7) Anahuac at (5-8) Kirbyville

20-2A

Grapeland, Big Sandy and Lovelady have clinched. Centerville and Groveton looking to for final spot.

(3-6) Centerville at Big Sandy

Grapeland at (3-6) Groveton

22-2A

Tenaha, Shelbyville and Chireno have clinched. San Augustine and Joaquin looking for final spot.

(4-7) Joaquin at Shelbyville

Tenaha at (5-6) San Augustine

23-2A

Lufkin Pineywoods and Broaddus have clinched. West Sabine, Colmesneil and Zavalla vying for final two spots.

(4-5) Colmesneil at Broaddus

(3-6) Zavalla at (5-4) West Sabine

24-2A

Evadale, Deweyville, West Hardin and Sabine Pass have clinched.

28-1A

Wells has clinched. Martinsville, Chester and Kennard vying for final two spots. (1A only has 3 playoff spots)

(7-4) Chester at Apple Springs

(7-4) Kennard at Wells

(8-3) Martinsville at Groveton Centerville

29-1A

Leggett, Spurger and High Island have clinched.

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

21-5A
Humble and Porter have clinched. Barbers Hill, Dayton, Kingwood Park and Crosby vying for final two spots.
(10-7) Crosby at (11-6) Barbers Hill
Porter at (11-6) Dayton
(10-7) Kingwood Park at New Caney

Hopefully we can beat Crosby and get our spot.  I don't think my head wants to figure out a 4 way tie for the 3/4 playoff spots.

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I thought Pasadena was eliminated? Winner of Rayburn and LaPorte will end up 7-7 and Pasadena sits at 5-8. 

Yes. but the other will end up 6-8 and if Deer Park were to lose to West Brook, they would finish 6-8. A Pasadena win over South Houston would leave three teams tied at 6-8 for final spot.

1 hour ago, DHSPiratesBaseball said:

When will we know who plays who for the first round? I've never payed attention to how basketball playoffs work.

You are probably looking at West Sabine or Broaddus first round.  If you get 2nd, you'll have 3rd from our sister district.  Same for 3rd, you would get 2nd.  I think that district is:

1). Lufkin Pineywoods,

2). Broaddus

3). West Sabine

4). Either Colmesneil or Zavalla.

1 hour ago, Chester86 said:

You are probably looking at West Sabine or Broaddus first round.  If you get 2nd, you'll have 3rd from our sister district.  Same for 3rd, you would get 2nd.  I think that district is:

1). Lufkin Pineywoods,

2). Broaddus

3). West Sabine

4). Either Colmesneil or Zavalla.

How is Broaddus and west Sabine looking this year?

6 hours ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

Y'all have had the worst luck with that. Possibly the worst first round draw in TAPPS. Someone has to be the team to upset them one of these years though. 

You think we can upset the mighty Prestonwood? The number 9 ranked team in the SETXSports small school rankings? :) 

39 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

If y'all play yalls game I think so. Gotta force turnovers though. I guess that could be said for every game though 

We have a legit shot. I was just being a smart*** for WOS :) Prestonwood doesnt have the size they normally have.