Will Silsbee win state or come up short.......again

BADSANTA

Silsbee will face a couple of tests.  Yates and whoever comes out of dallas.  Both of those teams are capable of beating them... a favorite against them?  No.  but certainly capable.  Silsbee can't overlook anyone.  They're favorites against anyone in the state, but in years past, when in the same situation, they've lost to teams that weren't anywhere near as good as yates or the dallas schools are this year.  Granted, Silsbee is better, too, but they have to stay grounded and not let the hype go to their head. 

51 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Silsbee will face a couple of tests.  Yates and whoever comes out of dallas.  Both of those teams are capable of beating them... a favorite against them?  No.  but certainly capable.  Silsbee can't overlook anyone.  They're favorites against anyone in the state, but in years past, when in the same situation, they've lost to teams that weren't anywhere near as good as yates or the dallas schools are this year.  Granted, Silsbee is better, too, but they have to stay grounded and not let the hype go to their head. 

This is the best Silsbee team ever. Again, My opinion

6 hours ago, bradyb said:

This is the best Silsbee team ever. Again, My opinion

I totally agree.  But before this year, last year's team was probably the best silsbee team ever, and they didn't play a great game in the finals and a team that IMO they were better than beat them. The same could happen this year.  But I'm rooting like crazy for them, and hope to see them bring a title back to setx. 

1 hour ago, wosfan1992 said:

I wouldn't say the best ever. When they had D.C. and Prentice Lane and all them. They would kill this team on the boards easily. Someone like Barnes or Jones couldn't stop DC. 

That's tough but I do believe this team is too deep.  It would be fun to see.

2 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

I wouldn't say the best ever. When they had D.C. and Prentice Lane and all them. They would kill this team on the boards easily. Someone like Barnes or Jones couldn't stop DC. 

No sir. Not even close. And I was on the squad with D.C. And Peti when they were sophomores lol this is a much better team. Way deeper bench. Three maybe four division 1 basketball players on the team. 

6 hours ago, bradyb said:

No sir. Not even close. And I was on the squad with D.C. And Peti when they were sophomores lol this is a much better team. Way deeper bench. Three maybe four division 1 basketball players on the team. 

Brady is correct...... This team is better than any team I've watched in the past 

1 hour ago, Tiger05 said:

Brady is correct...... This team is better than any team I've watched in the past 

I think the main difference is that this team has more very good basketball players who truly understand the game...vs....very good athletes playing basketball (not to say that there weren't any really good basketball players on those past teams. Just not as many).

54 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

Level of competition is a big factor. Still don't see what y'all see. Back then they were way more physical 

Only thing we had over this team was height. This team is very physical though, now the game is getting more weak every year around the world. That is every sport though. Our 1st 5 might be able to stick around with this years 1st 5... But when the fresh legs came in, we would die lol