Ozen's Head Basketball Coach

JustUs

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

Ok you all know I am as big a Tiger fan as there is.  And although I disagree with the statement that we haven't beaten the best in our class, I will agree that competing in that 6a environment every night would not be good on these Tigers.  Don't get me wrong I feel like every one of those games were winnable but we lost all 5 and some of those weren't top end 6A teams. We would have to play our best every night and hope for some breaks.  By the way Brady Skyline beat us by 12 but I think all 5 of those losses were by a total of 27 points. Like was said we don't need to worry about other classifications just win ours!!! 

Now we we really need to leave this conversation off this thread,  so that's my last reply.

I think it is a little off topic, but definitely has room for discussion.  I'm an old guy who played almost 30 yrs ago, but I know talent when I see it. I haven't seen a collection of talent like this  in at least 20 yrs, but the fact remains talent alone doesn't get it done. I'm not on here trying to get under anyone's skin, You guys have every right to believe whatever it is you want to about your team. Those kids will have  SETX as a whole rooting for them and any other team as we did for WOS in football.  ST413, the real season starts soon, the depth along with the experience from last year may be the X-Factor to finally solve the puzzle. We shall find out soon enough. Regardless of the outcome, we will always support our SETX kids. Just fun to  create a few waves for the Silsbee Yacht.  Your guys are battle tested, nothing to worry about.  See you in SA???                       

2 hours ago, Bigcam2903 said:

I think it is a little off topic, but definitely has room for discussion.  I'm an old guy who played almost 30 yrs ago, but I know talent when I see it. I haven't seen a collection of talent like this  in at least 20 yrs, but the fact remains talent alone doesn't get it done. I'm not on here trying to get under anyone's skin, You guys have every right to believe whatever it is you want to about your team. Those kids will have  SETX as a whole rooting for them and any other team as we did for WOS in football.  ST413, the real season starts soon, the depth along with the experience from last year may be the X-Factor to finally solve the puzzle. We shall find out soon enough. Regardless of the outcome, we will always support our SETX kids. Just fun to  create a few waves for the Silsbee Yacht.  Your guys are battle tested, nothing to worry about.  See you in SA???                       

Way off topic.  I would suggest starting another thread for the Silsbee 6a discussion. 

2 minutes ago, bigdog said:

I was agreeing with you  and referring to the other people who are off topic. :)

No problem, I was guilty. My apologies. I get to typing, it's like running my mouth a bit.  Got a little carried away. I appreciate your transparency bigdog.. I ways having way too much fun with my Silsbee buddies.  Don't worry, I'll get Soulja stirred up about BigNed LOL.   Have a good one Bro

9 hours ago, Bigcam2903 said:

I will be there Saturday for sure if we are in that championship game but don't think I am going to be able to get off Friday.  Will miss being there for the whole tourney this year.

I hate to harp on the same things, but If the current Silsbee team were better at creating their own shot, off the dribble and if they shot free throws better and cut down on turn overs, they could possibly compete against any 6A team.  This team is talented but it doesn't do all the things mentioned, not consistently.  If they were 6A they would run into teams with 6'9" posts, or taller,  and guards who are going D-1, and long and tall forwards that can run and rebound.

This is all fantasy though.  Just win 4A.  I'm good with that.

3 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I hate to harp on the same things, but If the current Silsbee team were better at creating their own shot, off the dribble and if they shot free throws better and cut down on turn overs, they could possibly compete against any 6A team.  This team is talented but it doesn't do all the things mentioned, not consistently.  If they were 6A they would run into teams with 6'9" posts, or taller,  and guards who are going D-1, and long and tall forwards that can run and rebound.

This is all fantasy though.  Just win 4A.  I'm good with that.

I'm really confused about the comment "if this, if that, silsbee could possibly compete with any 6A team. Silsbee already competed against the top 6A teams in Texas!! They missed a lot of free throws and turned the ball over a lot and still competed with them! 

If this was back in the era depicted in "hoosiers" when all teams played one another, no matter the size of enrollment, I don't think Silsbee would go far.  The movie wouldn't of been made.  I saw the Tigers vs 6A Hightower.  They missed a lot of easy lay ups, they missed dunks, they turned the ball over too much and they lost.  Hightower is not even ranked.  That tells me this Silsbee team would not be a top five 6A team.  Meanwhile 4A # 3 brazosport has beaten Hightower twice.  I don't know exactly what that means other than don't take b'port lightly if you get to play them in the State tournament.

Back in 2009/2010 Yates was in 4A, which is 5A now.  They went 30-0.  They played the top teams all over the country.  The fact that they would win the 4A state championship was a foregone conclusion.  They were the # 1 team in the nation that season.  There wasn't a 5A  (now 6A) texas team that could handle Yates.  That was a transendent team, the type of team you see maybe once in a lifetime. So, a smaller team competing, really competing against larger schools has been done before.

Silsbee could catch a 6A team napping here or there.  I don't think they would go far in the 6A playoffs though.

40 minutes ago, Bigcam2903 said:

Not to change the subject (Lol) but it seems that Ozen has lost it's footing a little bit. I'm not sure if the circumstances surrounding Coach is the reason for the up & down play they are currently having in District. Come on Panthers, Finish Strong 

Possible Reasons:

1/3 Circumstances surrounding their Coach possibly

1/3 Opponents have out played them in several categories-some opponents are just better this season 

1/3 Self induced turnovers- free throw shooting- little senior leadership...

Help is on the way: 2017-2018 

Let's see they are 2-2 since Coach Saveat departure and they were 5-2 in the first half of district. Last night they played without Derrian Jones(12ppg 6rpg)& Dotson(10ppg 5 rpg) now if you don't think that accounted for something then I have to question your knowledge. They keyed in on Pender the whole night with dbl and triple we just didn't execute as a team and it happens .I thought they played way better than the Nederland game . Yes they have to make free throws and rebound better let the season play out none of us are sure how it will end. And this message is for these grown men haters out there stop taking about people kids at the games you never know who is around I have thick skin but saying the wrong thing about someone's kids will get you hurt jmo