Soldier in Uniform Beaten at Philadelphia Parade

Hagar

2 hours ago, baddog said:

It only says he was attacked by "young men" . Where is the description of the people who jumped him?

I don't know, but had I been there, they'd had a good chance to whip me too.  But if there was two of us, maybe only 10 or 15 would've moved on.  I'll give you my description of them, and I'm sure you'll agree, 10 or 15 pos.

Before you fellars leap to conclusions, the story says this took place at the Mummers Parade (a Philly tradition that's sorta like Mardi Gras).  This is really big with Italians and Irish and they typically make up the crowds.  With that said it still could have been any "group", but most minorities don't get into the Mummers parade.  It's considered a "white" thing.  All the bands that play in the parade are white.  The music is basically a combination of banjo and horns.  A group of drunk/unruly Italians or Irish will whip your a** just a quick as "street thugs."  We all know the code words.

15 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Before you fellars leap to conclusions, the story says this took place at the Mummers Parade (a Philly tradition that's sorta like Mardi Gras).  This is really big with Italians and Irish and they typically make up the crowds.  With that said it still could have been any "group", but most minorities don't get into the Mummers parade.  It's considered a "white" thing.  All the bands that play in the parade are white.  The music is basically a combination of banjo and horns.  A group of drunk/unruly Italians or Irish will whip your a** just a quick as "street thugs."  We all know the code words.

Your read something in there that I never implied. This man may have even started something he couldn't finish. Just that when I hear someone get "ganged" up on, I like a description.....like what would accompany a call to the police. Personally I am more concerned with Muslims attacking our soldiers. Heck, it could have been members of the Westboro church.

15 minutes ago, baddog said:

Your read something in there that I never implied. This man may have even started something he couldn't finish. Just that when I hear someone get "ganged" up on, I like a description.....like what would accompany a call to the police. Personally I am more concerned with Muslims attacking our soldiers. Heck, it could have been members of the Westboro church.

My apologies.  A group of middle eastern Muslims would look REALLY out of place at the Mummers parade and rest assured they would have gotten the beating of their lives if they tried anything.  Now, Philly has a HUGE African American Muslims population (African American Christians there call them "FOOLSLIMS"), but I really don't see that variety traveling around and picking fights with soldiers (or anyone really).  I mean, the Farrakhan hard core Nation of Islam guys bark a lot but they just pass out bean pies and literature (some pretenders are heavy in the drug game).    

Unfortunately Remmus, that was a typical liberal knee jerk reaction.  I really thot you were making progress, then you revert back to this. Tsk tsk tsk.  You still have a ways to go.  If they jumped on an individual soldier, I don't care what race or religion they are, I'd have to help.  In reality, I wouldn't be much help, but if I fell on one of them, better call 911. :) 

3 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Unfortunately Remmus, that was a typical liberal knee jerk reaction.  I really thot you were making progress, then you revert back to this. Tsk tsk tsk.  You still have a ways to go.  If they jumped on an individual soldier, I don't care what race or religion they are, I'd have to help.  In reality, I wouldn't be much help, but if I fell on one of them, better call 911. :) 

Guilty as charged.  I watched Rachel Maddow today and things got out of wack.  

5 hours ago, stevenash said:

You watched Rachel Maddow but you claim that any news issued by Fox is not credible?

Was kidding about Maddow, but she's only one person on a rant like Bill O'Reilly.  Fox is a team of drones posing as a news organization.  I blame liberal leaning mainstream news outlets for Fox.  Those news orgs needed to be fair and unbiased.

1 hour ago, Remmus said:

Was kidding about Maddow, but she's only one person on a rant like Bill O'Reilly.  Fox is a team of drones posing as a news organization.  I blame liberal leaning mainstream news outlets for Fox.  Those news orgs needed to be fair and unbiased.

Can you give me an example or two of what news organizations you consider to be fair and unbiased?

1 hour ago, Remmus said:

who gives these drones their marching orders?

4 hours ago, stevenash said:

Can you give me an example or two of what news organizations you consider to be fair and unbiased?

I always believed the old school news anchors were dedicated to being faithful to tenants of their profession and stayed middle of the road. 

9 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Good names but that doesnt answer my original question which requested a llisting from  you of news organizations you deem fair and unbiased.

My perspective is ABC, NBC, CBS are the pillars of the industry and had a commitment to reporting news and not commentating on it.  I know things have changed.  Each of these networks had shows that were about investigative journalism and they would lean from the center.

23 minutes ago, Remmus said:

My perspective is ABC, NBC, CBS are the pillars of the industry and had a commitment to reporting news and not commentating on it.  I know things have changed.  Each of these networks had shows that were about investigative journalism and they would lean from the center.

Those three networks, as TVC said earlier, all have an ax to grind and that ax has spawned Fox as an antidote.  The viewer numbers are fairly revealing.  If you are inferring that ABC,NBC, and CBS are purveyors of the truth and yet Fox tells anything but the truth, you have validated my beliefs about your personal ideology.