Orangefield 51 Tarkington 46/FINAL

WOSgrad

5 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Seen a lot of bad officiating.  This is the worst.  Just called a defensive foul on an awful moving screen. 

It really was that bad but...just come to another Tarkington game, they seem to attract them. It was not by far the worst I've seen. It didn't seem to be out of malice or bias, they blew several on both sides, but it's baffling to watch....

46 minutes ago, TeamJagUS said:

It really was that bad but...just come to another Tarkington game, they seem to attract them. It was not by far the worst I've seen. It didn't seem to be out of malice or bias, they blew several on both sides, but it's baffling to watch....

Oh I didn't think it was intentional, except for one spurt when one of the three officials seemed to get his feelings hurt amd couldn't stop blowing his whistle.  

Baffling is a good word.  Two things in particular.  First, with the call I was referencing, it was apparent they didn't know what a moving screen was.  Tarkington was wisely using that to their advantage but on that play, with the screener moving more like a football left tackle and blocking the defender, the defensive player used his hands to get around him and was whistled for a foul.  The noncall was worse than the call and it was the most blatant moving screen of the night.  Then in the game before, with the same crew, there was a call I'd never seen before (because it doesn't exist).   One of the refs called a "defensive charging."  When the coach thought he must have heard wrong and asked for clarification, the ref confirmed the call.  

I agree I don't think it was malicious at all. The problem was that 2 of the three in the crew obviously didn't even know the rules of the game. 

To be fair, they blew a couple of calls late against Tarkington as well.  If you guys get equal or worse than that regularly, I feel for you.  It was hard to watch.