Who's In?

UTfanatic

10 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Bama and Ohio st are locks.  Big 10 champ gets in if Clemson or UW lose.  If both lose it's a mess.  

I agree with that.  Lets hope it happens and we see chaos.  3 Big Ten teams in the playoff will get us an 8 team playoff sooner rather than later.  

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

I agree with that.  Lets hope it happens and we see chaos.  3 Big Ten teams in the playoff will get us an 8 team playoff sooner rather than later.  

You know, I agree with you.  If both Clemson and UW both lose, I don't know how you don't put in both the Big 10 champ and Michigan (along with tOSU).   And that WOULD be a great way toward getting it to 8.  

4 hours ago, TxHoops said:

You know, I agree with you.  If both Clemson and UW both lose, I don't know how you don't put in both the Big 10 champ and Michigan (along with tOSU).   And that WOULD be a great way toward getting it to 8.  

Hoops, if both Clemson and UW lose, I'll lick your taint meat.

11 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Yes!!! And if the playoff expands to 8 teams, they should make it to where the playoff spots go to the conference champions of the Power Five conferences and the highest-ranked champion from one of the "Group of Five" conferences, with two at-large bids. Seeding would be determined by CFP rankings with the first round games held on campus venues at the home of the higher seed. The winners would go to the national semifinal bowls, while the losers would play in one of the four remaining New Year Six bowls.

4 hours ago, pdawg119 said:

Yes!!! And if the playoff expands to 8 teams, they should make it to where the playoff spots go to the conference champions of the Power Five conferences and the highest-ranked champion from one of the "Group of Five" conferences, with two at-large bids. Seeding would be determined by CFP rankings with the first round games held on campus venues at the home of the higher seed. The winners would go to the national semifinal bowls, while the losers would play in one of the four remaining New Year Six bowls.

I agree with that except for the group of 5 getting an automatic berth.  Western Michigan is unbeaten but haven't played anyone.  Navy is solid and some people think they will jump WM to get the New Years 6 bowl invite with a win tomorrow.   Navy has losses this year to Air Force and South Florida.  No way they should be playing for shot at the title as one of the top 8 teams in the country. 

Army-Navy is next weekend.  If them and WM are close, the committee could hold off on making a decision and cause a lot of problems for the rest of the Noel games.   I think Army is better than WM, but you have to reward them for going unbeaten this year.  

5 hours ago, pdawg119 said:

Or let's just get computers to pick the last three and do away with the committee and all these silly rankings!

#computertakethehumanoutIROBOT

Jim Delaney - Big 10 commissioner just stated that we had the best opening weekend in 2016, because the AD's listened to the committee and scheduled meaningful opponents. 

This TOOL should no that schedules were made years before the committee's existence!!! 

Horns up and Hookem 

2 hours ago, Gabe said:

Bama

Ohio State

Clemson

Washington

sorry Penn state, yes you beat Ohio state but ya got blown out by Michigan and lost to Pitt. Ohio state is just better

True.  Their loss to Michigan is hard to overlook.  That being said, we've been hearing from the committee for two years that conference championships and head to head are both important factors.  Penn St won the toughest conference in the country, and won head to head against the team that the committee wants to put in ahead of them.  by rankings, their win over Ohio St qualifies as the single best win by any program in the country this year, and they just added a win against #6 to go with their win against #2.  They have two losses, but have a longer current winning streak than anyone in the conversation outside of Alabama.  Their loss to Pitt was by an almost identical score as Clemson's loss to Pitt, and most people have Clemson as a lock.  I think a healthy argument could be made for putting Penn St in over any team that makes it ahead of them besides Bama.  

Personally, due to their continued unwavering support of Joe Paterno after he knowingly let one of his coaches rape little kids for decades, I'm hoping for Penn St to get left out, and for all of their fans to be left bitter and heartbroken.  That being said, I'm also hoping that the controversy that will be generated this year when someone who's deserving gets left out, regardless of which team it is, will lead to an 8-team playoff sooner rather than later.

50 minutes ago, Eazy said:

The Top 4 will remain.  The committee wants a Bama-Ohio St. final.  Penn St should represent the Big Ten, but we'll need an 8 team playoff to make that happen.  Why even bother having a Big ten championship if it doesn't matter?   

Exactly,

..........and why all the foo foo about lack of Big XII championship game.