Best Team in all of 4A?

robanadana

Silsbee and BC played Carthage and Stafford to the wire. Remind me what the WOS vs Silsbee/BC scores were.

50 minutes ago, Gabe said:

West Orange-Stark would have to be the favorite until proven wrong.

Gilmer lost to Carthage. La Vega beat Lorena by 1 point more than Liberty. 12-4A D2 did quite well this year. 

WO-S Mustangs are the defending champions, Ranked #1, until dethroned.  I went to see this amazing defense in the 1st round playoff game vs. Waco Robinson, this defense is the best I have ever seen in watching high school football.  The only defense I have heard that is comparable is from Dad, he witnessed that the great Kirbyville Panthers defense of the 60' or 70s.  I am not quite sure what era

WO-S.I've seen all the WO-S teams and this team is the most complete team I have ever seen.They have no weakness.You could say their extra point kicking is weak because it is not consistent but they can go for two and make it 99% of the time so I don't count that.They are just a beast in all phases of the game.

10 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Lavega still hasn't been beaten yet either. I would pay big money to see those two play.  Don't know about this year yet but last year I believe Lavega was the best in 4a.

That game almost happened in week 3 I believe. Neither of us could move our other games around but LaVega said yes to is asking them.

1 hour ago, Goblin said:

La Vega beat Argyle by 2  points  last year,  Celina beat Argyle handily and WOS beat Celina so I beg to differ 

Again, we're back to the who beat who and by how much theory which rarely works. I saw both teams last year in the state championships and it would have been a great game. PAM beat PNG who beat us and then we beat PAM and that's why there are three district champs in 22-5A this year. It ain't the pros, it's high school kids.