Woodville (10-1) vs Cameron Yoe (9-2)

Watching film on both teams, this has the opportunity to be a track meet and may include alot of fireworks.

Both teams have a lot of speed on both sides of the ball. Athletes will not be in short supply for this game. That's where the fireworks come in. Smith for Yoe and Lockhart for Woodville are two of the top athletes in Region 3. 

Defensively, both teams play a similar style. Both are fairly small up front and rely on their wealth of athleticism and "swarm" to the ball extremely well. BUT, both teams have also been very succeptible to the big play this year. Again.....supporting my track meet argument.

Offensively is where the diffrence in style comes in. While yes, both teams possess a wealth of athleticism, they use their athletes in very different ways. At QB, Yoe has the edge, not due to talent, but due to a lack of in-game passing experience for Whitehead of Woodville. Having watched Whitehead since he was 8 years old though, I know he can air it out if need be. In the backfield, I believe Woodville has a very strong advantage, boasting two 1,000-yard rushers in the sophomore Martin and senior Lockhart. The depth of the Woodville backfield also plays a huge part in their success, with 12 different players having scored a rushing TD this year. On the edge, the clear advantage goes to Yoe, seeing as Woodville plays an offense that doesn't utilize the receiver position.

If Woodville is going to win, they'll need to string together some very long, methodical "ground and pound" drives that eat up alot of clock and end in a score, as they've been able to do all year.

Yoe will have to make stops on defense and continue to air it out and hit the homerun the way they've done all year. 

This should be a fun game to watch and I'm looking forward to it. 

2 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

Cameron's D-line is not as big as Woodville's O-line so this will have a huge impact on the game.  Cameron will have to win this game with their offense.  Go get em' YOEMEN!!!

12 minutes ago, longball24 said:

I agree woodville has all intentions of manhandling yoe's small line and holding the passing to a minimum.  Woodville should win by 30 and make their statement.

By 30? How much money you wanna bet lol

13 minutes ago, longball24 said:

I agree woodville has all intentions of manhandling yoe's small line and holding the passing to a minimum.  Woodville should win by 30 and make their statement.

I will promise you that Woodville will not be Cameron by 30.  There is a chance they win the game, but it will not be by 30.  Go YOE Go!!!

3 hours ago, TrojanMoJo said:

Good season Woodville Eagles, but the buck stops here.  This Cameron Yoe team has been to 3 straight state championship games if I stand correctly.  They are primed and hungry to make another long playoff run. Well-coached team with championship pedigree.  It will not be a contest.

Camron Yoe 44

Woodville 18

Kinda like Coldspring was gonna beat Woodville two weeks ago, right?

8 hours ago, TrojanMoJo said:

Good season Woodville Eagles, but the buck stops here.  This Cameron Yoe team has been to 3 straight state championship games if I stand correctly.  They are primed and hungry to make another long playoff run. Well-coached team with championship pedigree.  It will not be a contest.

Camron Yoe 44

Woodville 18

4 straight appearances overall.  5 out of the last 6.  

35 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I have not seen Yoe play this year, but got a look at Woodville. Man, the are athletic. I would lean on Yoe with a coaching advantage, but I think Woodville wins a close one. 33-28

Good Luck Eagles!

Im not sure about a coaching advantage...number of coaches yes Yoe will have advantage, but Coach Robinson has proven himself as one of the better coaches in the state. He's won pretty much everywhere he has been.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Im not sure about a coaching advantage...number of coaches yes Yoe will have advantage, but Coach Robinson has proven himself as one of the better coaches in the state. He's won pretty much everywhere he has been.

You are correct, not discrediting Robinson. He is a very good coach as well. It should be an great game. I am hoping Woodville pulls it off.

17 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Kinda like Coldspring was gonna beat Woodville two weeks ago, right?

Well let me just responded to this @eagleswoodville#1!! First, Woodville is the district champions.  Happy for you all.  Second, lets be realistic, the final score was 31-19 and the game was played in Woodville.  Please and thank you, correct me if I stand wrong on the final score.  Thirdly @eagleswoodville#1, if you guys are that awesome why didn't you beat us by more if your team is so superior.  I am not trying to step on your toes at all but Woodville is not a traditional powerhouse in football.  How many state appearances do you all have? How many all state football players do you all have?  How many straight district championship do you all?  Woodville has had an outstanding season one for the record book !!! I am very happy for the kids and the community & as you should be proud.  I have family and friends there.  The truth is each week in the playoffs the competition gets stiffer and stiffer.  The statistics are surely in favor of Cameron Yoe but there is have been instances where lady luck has shown up.  I think you just dont need to be condescending regarding other school in the district.  This blog is about the Woodville vs. Cameron Yoe game.  Lastly, we had 6 straight district championships never forget in order to be the best you have to be the best.  You guys did beat the best Coldspring Trojans!!! Good luck on your game tommorrow night.