Bridge City 35 Center 28/FINAL

WOSgrad

Congrats to BC on the hard fought win. Center had their chance to put a strangle hold on the game to begin he 2nd half but couldn't get any points. Our defense played about how I expected. Offensively, I thought we looked pretty good. I know the box score shows that BC held us to 7 second half points, but imo, they had no answer for QB Kyle Parks and WR Octavius Evans all night. I'm honestly surprised we didn't just feed him the ball the 4th qtr. Seemed like we wouldn't go to him until 3rd downs. Center had a huge 3 and out offensively about midway thru the 4th, with the score tied, that I thought really put all the momentum in BC's favor. 

On a side note, Center lost bout 10-12 seconds off the clock during BC's final offensive possession. BC broke a long run to deep in center's territory. However a flag brought the play back. The game clock continued to run after the play. 2 observations about this. the clock should've stopped for 1st down until ball was spotted....and ball should've stopped because of flag. When the runner was tackled, there was about 2:45 left on clock. It ran down to 2:22 before it was finally stopped. The refs tried to get it corrected. 2:55 was put back on the clock. Then it was reset to 2:33. The refs either didn't have mics for the game or they weren't working. Either way, the clock never was correct. BY NO MEANS am I saying this is what lost the game for center. We didn't make the necessary plays to come out on top. But one can only wander what would've happened if we would've had that extra 10-12 seconds at the end of the game. 

Again, congrats BC on the win. Proud of my Roughriders for putting up a valiant effort. Good luck there rest of he way BC.

Congrats to the Riders on a great ending season after all the up's and down's this regular season. Y'all played your heart's out tonight. Keep your head's up because you have nothing to be ashamed of.

Also congrats to Bridge City on great win. Y'all have a very good team that will do well in the remaining of the playoffs. Again congrats and good luck.

1 hour ago, Chester86 said:

Way to go Cardinals!  You are always going to have big fans up in Evadale.  The BeNs will be cheering y'all on next week.  Keep the Cardinal Train rolling.

Yes, think it's great The Cards have advanced.  Big win.  Congrats from The Dale.