Beaumont Central vs New Caney

Alpha Wolf

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think every Crosby fan I talked to agrees with what you said verbatim. As a fan of a team whose head coach averages 10 wins per season all I can do is watch and hope we keep winning. I do think New Caney is probably better than any team we'll play at the D2 level until a possible third round game with Georgetown though. 

I'm gonna hold on to this one. Good poster board material for the field house. Personally, I think PAM was a better team than anyone we'll face at the D2 level until a possible third round match up with Georgetown. New Candy needs to worry about a Central team that is playing to the level they should have been all along. I seem to recall an Ozen team they remind me of back in 2011 facing unbeatable Barbie's Hill and then unbeatable Brenham. Porter's gonna get smoked by PAM or would you like a wager on that? PNG has a tussle on their hands but I think they win by 10. Let's see who's right.

9 minutes ago, robanadana said:

I'm gonna hold on to this one. Good poster board material for the field house. Personally, I think PAM was a better team than anyone we'll face at the D2 level until a possible third round match up with Georgetown. New Candy needs to worry about a Central team that is playing to the level they should have been all along. I seem to recall an Ozen team they remind me of back in 2011 facing unbeatable Barbie's Hill and then unbeatable Brenham. Porter's gonna get smoked by PAM or would you like a wager on that? PNG has a tussle on their hands but I think they win by 10. Let's see who's right.

Rob, I'll take the wager on New Caney vs Central. How about for a nice meal?

1 hour ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

We will just have to disagree. I have not gone back and watched it on film, but when I watched it live I thought it was a good call. As for the middle blitz it was obvious. Every time NC was  in that set that #30 was coming up the middle. I saw some adjustments with the route the slot receiver was running in the second half to fill in behind the blitz. The safety did a good job tackling him but he was open on that quick slant.

I've watched it on Texanslive.com and it was not a block in the back. Announcers were also talking about the 6 man rush giving the O-line problems a few times on passing downs. Just calling what I noticed from the stands. I never said NC is a bad team I just pointed out what could have worked and how a few calls potentially changed the scoreboard outcome. Crosby is a good team and if Netherly was healthy he would have exploited NC lack of defensive speed. We (Manvel) played Crosby first game of the season ... I for one know they are a much better and more dangerous when he is healthy. Again just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, songone said:

I've watched it on Texanslive.com and it was not a block in the back. Announcers were also talking about the 6 man rush giving the O-line problems a few times on passing downs. Just calling what I noticed from the stands. I never said NC is a bad team I just pointed out what could have worked and how a few calls potentially changed the scoreboard outcome. Crosby is a good team and if Netherly was healthy he would have exploited NC lack of defensive speed. We (Manvel) played Crosby first game of the season ... I for one know they are a much better and more dangerous when he is healthy. Again just my opinion. 

I hope this isn't the case...

15 hours ago, robanadana said:

Hold on to whatever you want. In the 11th game the season if you're still looking for poster board material you're already at a disadvantage. Central just played two of the worst teams in the district, they should look like they're improving. I still think NC probably wins something like 42-21, there won't be anything Central can do that NC hasn't seen against Crosby, BH, Dayton, Porter or NC. I don't think Porter is very good so I already said PAM should blow them out. What you'll realize is that 2011 was a long time ago. Crosby, BH and Porter all had different head coaches back then and Pennington was in his first year at New Caney.   

21 hours ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Rob, I'll take the wager on New Caney vs Central. How about for a nice meal?

All or nothing. 21-5A vs. 22-5A. I'll pay up to a New Candy Eagle on district vs. district. You guys hold on to early season too much. It's how you're playing right now, not at the first of the year. I like our collective chances.

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Hold on to whatever you want. In the 11th game the season if you're still looking for poster board material you're already at a disadvantage. Central just played two of the worst teams in the district, they should look like they're improving. I still think NC probably wins something like 42-21, there won't be anything Central can do that NC hasn't seen against Crosby, BH, Dayton, Porter or NC. I don't think Porter is very good so I already said PAM should blow them out. What you'll realize is that 2011 was a long time ago. Crosby, BH and Porter all had different head coaches back then and Pennington was in his first year at New Caney.   

I ain't talking about 2011, I'm talking about RIGHT NOW! I got 22-5A to win it...you guys in or out? Want some Pirate booty?

22 minutes ago, robanadana said:

All or nothing. 21-5A vs. 22-5A. I'll pay up to a New Candy Eagle on district vs. district. You guys hold on to early season too much. It's how you're playing right now, not at the first of the year. I like our collective chances.

Are you meaning a sweep? No way will I take that. I will still meet for a meal though if you want.

Not going political on this thread but if nothing else was learned last night, let me say this.  The majority of the polls leading up to the election were favoring Hillary that i saw.  All i will say is New Caney better not show up half cocked Saturday night thinking this one is in the bag because of their stats and record.  Them Jags are still putting in work and ready to pull the upset...:)

2 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Not going political on this thread but if nothing else was learned last night, let me say this.  The majority of the polls leading up to the election were favoring Hillary that i saw.  All i will say is New Caney better not show up half cocked Saturday night thinking this one is in the bag because of their stats and record.  Them Jags are still putting in work and ready to pull the upset...:)

Make since to me... The game must be played!